Broncos Won Again Today!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by L.M. View Post

The Broncos looked crappy in October and everybody knows it so this one is being seen as a fluke and a trap game for the Cowpies. Denver needs to win more games in a similarly dominant fashion for the pundits to take them seriously.
    That's just national media bro. even in the Super Bowl season down the stretch and into the playoffs Denver was balling and national media came with the disrespect. After beating the Panthers, majority of it was still woe is the Panthers vs giving Denver props.

Unless I am misremembering it all.

Comment

The team responded well, as HUGE underdogs.

Let them count us out, and add fuel to the fire
      Last thing I want, is praise and we start dropping games left and right.
      :goz::helmet::helmet::helmet::goz:

Comment

The optimist in me: great game to build momentum from and against a great team many have picked to appear in the SB this year!

The pessimist in me: any given sunday, the giants beat the raiders (lol) the jags beat the bills (yikes) the falcons beat the saints...we beat a team we shouldn't have and made our draft pick worse
        Sept. 10, 2006, [email protected] 10-18, Sept. 28, 2008, [email protected] 19-33, Nov. 16, 2014, [email protected] 7-22 <--Broncos games I've attended

Comment

Really good win. I’m not convinced the Broncos can repeat the performance. Dak Prescott was off after returning from injury. The game could have easily swung the other way a couple of times:

Broncos caught a break on the blocked punt wirh the touch beyond the line of scrimmage.

Bridgewater’s INT nullified by a penalty.

Without those two plays no telling how the game could have turned.

Comment

Its football, sometimes the "Football Gods" help out. It's fun to watch when your team wins!

Comment

The Football Gods tend to help those who help themselves…I couldn’t check in until late in the game. I had to refresh my browser because I thought they had the teams reversed. Shocked the heck out of me. Watching the replays and looking at stats, staying committed to the run game stood out. Patrick had some clutch catches. The Dline got pressure. IDK if it was just this particular matchup or if the Cowboys fell into a trap, but if you can move the ball running and harass the other team’s QB, then you’ll win some games and build confidence in young players. Cool by me. Though I do still want a real QB this offseason…

Comment

Look, it was a nice win yesterday. I'll give them their due.

But I'm not going to consider buying that this was anything other than a fluke win until I see how they follow it up against an Eagles team that, despite their record, always plays tough and is more than capable of coming to Denver and beating the Broncos. Especially since we're even more banged up now.

Beat the Eagles, then I'll buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by sra84 View Post
                  Look, it was a nice win yesterday. I'll give them their due.

But I'm not going to consider buying that this was anything other than a fluke win until I see how they follow it up against an Eagles team that, despite their record, always plays tough and is more than capable of coming to Denver and beating the Broncos. Especially since we're even more banged up now.

Beat the Eagles, then I'll buy it.
                  You sticking with that? Because after all, The Eagles are not a great team. But I'm good with your take, because The Broncos will beat them.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

You sticking with that? Because after all, The Eagles are not a great team. But I'm good with your take, because The Broncos will beat them.
                    Yeah because if they lose at home to the Eagles, that shows that the win against Dallas was more a of fluke than that this team is actually any good. That's why I said they need to beat the Eagles.

And yes, the Eagles are not a great team but they are almost always competitive, even during a down year. I know, I live near Philadelphia and I see every single game of theirs. Do not take them lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                      Really good win. I’m not convinced the Broncos can repeat the performance. Dak Prescott was off after returning from injury. The game could have easily swung the other way a couple of times:

Broncos caught a break on the blocked punt wirh the touch beyond the line of scrimmage.

Bridgewater’s INT nullified by a penalty.

Without those two plays no telling how the game could have turned.
                      I can even add some points to this concept, I been watching Shurmur pressers and realize some of the low percentage things he relies on that worked out against Dallas.

I like riding the positive fan roller coaster. Who knows when it will end. I get enough of reality at my career job 50-60+ hours a week.
                      Lets Ride!

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post

I can even add some points to this concept, I been watching Shurmur pressers and realize some of the low percentage things he relies on that worked out against Dallas.

I like riding the positive fan roller coaster. Who knows when it will end. I get enough of reality at my career job 50-60+ hours a week.
                        One of our Broncos friends showed up late when the score was 16-0. We told him if the good fortune reversed he would be dismissed and suspended for a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter's Moon View Post
                          Best win in a long time. Division is wide open. Hope Surtain is ok.
                          W I D E open?

Nope. I believe the Chiefs will get back to winning again and win the AFC West by 2-4 games.
                          Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

It is definitely much more enjoyable to watch a well played game and a win. My expectations are still tempered. That said, I’d be happy with a world class turn around and a playoff berth. I still see 9 wins as the ceiling for this team. We shall see how it plays out.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sra84 View Post

Yeah because if they lose at home to the Eagles, that shows that the win against Dallas was more a of fluke than that this team is actually any good. That's why I said they need to beat the Eagles.

And yes, the Eagles are not a great team but they are almost always competitive, even during a down year. I know, I live near Philadelphia and I see every single game of theirs. Do not take them lightly.
                              Fair enough. My response was not only aimed at your post but to those out there who might go back to the "yeah but Philly is 3 and 6" card, which would be unfair in my opinion. Because if The Broncos win 3 straight, including beating Dallas in Dallas (and quite handily at that), I really hope our guys get a pass this time. A win will be just that, a win, and will guarantee that after week 10 no other AFC West team has more wins. That would be significant before the bye, and after that 4 game losing streak.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Fair enough. My response was not only aimed at your post but to those out there who might go back to the "yeah but Philly is 3 and 6" card, which would be unfair in my opinion. Because if The Broncos win 3 straight, including beating Dallas in Dallas (and quite handily at that), I really hope our guys get a pass this time. A win will be just that, a win, and will guarantee that after week 10 no other AFC West team has more wins. That would be significant before the bye, and after that 4 game losing streak.
                                Gotcha. I understand where you're coming from.

Believe me, I was thoroughly impressed and thrilled about the win on Sunday. It's the best Broncos game we've seen in a long time against a good team.

And I can't tell you how much I want them to beat the Eagles. It'll make living where I do so much more enjoyable. Although, I get along well with the Eagles fans I know. Still, bragging rights are nice to have.

Comment

Working...
                                X