Lock Patrick up now!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lock Patrick up now!!

Tim Patrick is the closest thing to Rod Smith I’ve seen. His modest beginnings have been superseded by his effort and work ethic. We need him on this team going forward and I’m asking Paton to get him locked up now!!!

Patrick is the best receiver on the roster. Definitely need to keep him.

Comment

Not sure what his price tag will be but we should be trying to sign him. My guess is he would sign a team friendly deal assuming he got some long term security out of the deal. Hope he does not have dollar signs in his brain and eyes as the NFL has started to realize every year in rd 1, 2 and 3 there are big talented WRs available.

Most reliable WR we have had in a long time. The NFL is always chasing big talented WRs which may help us resign Patrick. If I was one of those elite QBs and Patrick became a free agent I would be banging hard on the front office to get Patrick. He moves the chains. Use to call WRs like him possession WRs. WRs who maybe do not have the top end talent but are reliable and move the chains.
      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoJef View Post
        Tim Patrick is the closest thing to Rod Smith I’ve seen. His modest beginnings have been superseded by his effort and work ethic. We need him on this team going forward and I’m asking Paton to get him locked up now!!!
        I concur!

Due to Sutton's injury, Patrick's been our best, most dependable and our #1 WR for the past 2 seasons.

Some want Sutton gone but I'd be pissed if we let him walk. This is Sutton's 'recovery' season from a torn ACL so he probably won't get back to his true self til later this season or next. Until then Patrick is our #1 WR and needs to be retained.

Jeudy's coming off of injury but I expect him to eventually start to shine...also let's remember that next season will be Hamler's 'recovery' season from a torn ACL so he may not be himself right away either.

Comment

Originally posted by Mel B. View Post

I concur!

Due to Sutton's injury, Patrick's been our best, most dependable and our #1 WR for the past 2 seasons.

Some want Sutton gone but I'd be pissed if we let him walk. This is Sutton's 'recovery' season from a torn ACL so he probably won't get back to his true self til later this season or next. Until then Patrick is our #1 WR and needs to be retained.

Jeudy's coming off of injury but I expect him to eventually start to shine...also let's remember that next season will be Hamler's 'recovery' season from a torn ACL so he may not be himself right away either.
          I am unapologetically in the camp of Let Sutton Walk. Just dunno why people would think taking Jeudy in the first round meant Sutton was getting a second contract, particularly with how Patrick has played and has always played.

WR1 Jeudy
          WR2 Patrick
          WR3 Hamler
          WR4 Hinton (whoever else pops from the draft/practice squad/free agency/whatever)

I'd be fine with this.

Comment

Wholeheartedly agree with this. Love Sutton, but Patrick is currently the best receiver on our roster, as production goes. Would be foolish not to try to offer him a long term deal, IMO.
            Geaux Tigers

Comment

Totally 100 % Pay This Awesome WR !! Tim Patrick is a True WR Dawg a True Gem and I hope that Denver can and will provide him a Nice Deal so that he can stay our WR !!

Comment

Originally posted by Mel B. View Post

I concur!

I hope we can get Sutton to sign a shorter deal as I do not think he is going to get the long term big money deal he deserves. He may not want to do it with the Broncos. Pretty sure a good Qb makes him one of the highest paid WRs in the NFL.
                Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Besides Lindsay, Sutton was our whole offense in 2019. Despite having Flacco, Allen, and Lock throwing to him, don't forget how dominant #14 looked. I don't think Sutton is all the way back yet, but he's still shown the playmaking ability, route-running savvy, and sure hands that defined his Pro Bowl season, this year. I don't know if it's scheme or Teddy just not seeing him or peppering him with targets, but Sutton is WR1 material.

Patrick has been nothing short of phenomenal the past two years. He's surprisingly fast and quick for his size, while being the most reliable, tough receiver on this roster by far. Whenever our runs have gotten to the second level, guess who's the guy knocking out DBs and clearing the way for Williams/Gordon? No one other than TP. His blocks are SB32 McCaffrey-esque.

It's a tough decision, but honestly I think we can bring both back. We have a ton of cap space next year. Sutton should be back for around $14-18M per year, while Patrick should get around $6-10M. Who else are we gonna bring back out of Fuller, Callahan, Jackson, Johnson, Jewell, Bridgewater, Gordon, and Massie? Paton is a strong believer in building through the draft, and with this team likely headed for a coaching staff reset and a lot of premium draft capital-- I expect Denver to be relatively low-spenders in FA. Setting aside $25-28M annually for Sutton and Patrick should be plenty enough, IMO. That's not even factoring in guarantees and the whole structure of that.
                  https://i.imgur.com/7Q7tpCd.png

Comment

I'm all for it.
                    He made big catch, after big catch, after big catch against Dallas, even burning their star DB for a TD.

Pay the freaking man, and his name, will be a household name as long as we can get the ball to him
                    :goz::helmet::helmet::helmet::goz:

Comment

"What manner of man are you who catches all these passes?"

"I am a receiver."

"By what name are you known?"

"There are some who call me ... Tim."

"Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by DEN4EVER View Post
                        I'm all for it.
                        He made big catch, after big catch, after big catch against Dallas, even burning their star DB for a TD.

Pay the freaking man, and his name, will be a household name as long as we can get the ball to him
                        Patrick is the core of the WR group- as solid and steady as they come. I can't imagine he's going anywhere after proving himself time and time again.

Comment

All aboard the Pat wagon. Pats kick butt in Denver!

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosIsLife View Post

I am unapologetically in the camp of Let Sutton Walk. Just dunno why people would think taking Jeudy in the first round meant Sutton was getting a second contract, particularly with how Patrick has played and has always played.

WR1 Jeudy
                            WR2 Patrick
                            WR3 Hamler
                            WR4 Hinton (whoever else pops from the draft/practice squad/free agency/whatever)

I'd be fine with this.
                            I love this post. I said nearly the exact thing just earlier without even seeing this. I agree 200%.

Comment

At first I thought you were talking about Surtain. I was like we just drafted him lol. I agree though Patrick is a great WR.

Comment

Working...
                              X