No announcement yet.

Lock Patrick up now!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still don’t get why it has to be a pick one over the other, we can afford to tie up money to both guys over the next 2-4 years.

We saw how our WR corps fared with the same exact core of Jeudy, Patrick, and Hamler last season. Not particularly explosive, exacerbated by our QB issues. But this time around, we’ll have Hamler coming off an ACL injury. Is a duo of Jeudy and Patrick enough to get it done in this league?
    https://i.imgur.com/7Q7tpCd.png

Comment

How they treat Timmy will tell me a lot about whether we have a GM now or not.

Hopefully, when (fingers crossed) they pay him, the production continues. DT disappeared after $$$ came his way...
      [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
        I still don’t get why it has to be a pick one over the other, we can afford to tie up money to both guys over the next 2-4 years.

We saw how our WR corps fared with the same exact core of Jeudy, Patrick, and Hamler last season. Not particularly explosive, exacerbated by our QB issues. But this time around, we’ll have Hamler coming off an ACL injury. Is a duo of Jeudy and Patrick enough to get it done in this league?
        True. Your third receiver is a starter in today's NFL. They should be able to pay both.

Comment

I like Patrick. Steady force. Does not drop passes, and is a real threat in the red zone. If I'm a QB, I want to throw the ball his way.

Lets keep him!

Comment

We should sign both. Patrick is turning 28 in a couple weeks. I wouldn’t want to give him more that a 2-3 year deal. I’m sending a 4 year deal to Sutton who just turned 26. I’m not breaking the bank for Sutton but I don’t think he’s going to cost top dollar anyways.

Comment

Definitely get both locked up. Start with Patrick now and if we can't get something done with Sutton he can always be franchise tagged in the off season. While we're at it go ahead and extend Melvin Gordon, Kenny Young and this might be an unpopular opinion but Teddy as well.

If the plan is to draft a QB then he would make for a good mentor while the rookie learns the ropes.

Comment

Originally posted by Allen C View Post
                Definitely get both locked up. Start with Patrick now and if we can't get something done with Sutton he can always be franchise tagged in the off season. While we're at it go ahead and extend Melvin Gordon, Kenny Young and this might be an unpopular opinion but Teddy as well.

If the plan is to draft a QB then he would make for a good mentor while the rookie learns the ropes.
                Extend Gordon, lol, that's a joke. Javonte is the number one. Keep Boone or whoeever else or find someone in the late rounds of the draft.

Let Sutton walk, keep Timmy Pats

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosIsLife View Post

Extend Gordon, lol, that's a joke. Javonte is the number one. Keep Boone or whoeever else or find someone in the late rounds of the draft.

Let Sutton walk, keep Timmy Pats
                  You need 2 good RBs. Williams is number 1 but Gordon has been good on passing downs. Unless you want Boone as the #2 getting 10 carries a game or spend draft capital on a RB 2 seasons in a row then yes extend Gordon and have a 2 headed monster for the next couple of years

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosIsLife View Post

I am unapologetically in the camp of Let Sutton Walk. Just dunno why people would think taking Jeudy in the first round meant Sutton was getting a second contract, particularly with how Patrick has played and has always played.

WR1 Jeudy
                    WR2 Patrick
                    WR3 Hamler
                    WR4 Hinton (whoever else pops from the draft/practice squad/free agency/whatever)

I'd be fine with this.
                    Honestly i would Keep sutton over Jeudy. Sutton has shown more in the nfl then Jeudy. also PAtrick is the oldest of the our team

next MElvin Gordon is almost 30. it would be best to add a lightning in the bottle type back. i love how Javonte runs so i am pretty happy with him. but personal i would love to add a younger guy who is explosive to be a lightning to JAvonte thunder.

also you may end up needing more then 2 backs with how they get injuried can you really have 2 many good RBs Gordon is thirty and about to hit a steep decline
                    Kyousukeneko
                    Hall of Famer
                    Last edited by Kyousukeneko; 11-12-2021, 10:58 PM.
                    sigpic
                    oakland raders gm
                    latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Of course I had to mention.....but when I quickly scrolled the thread titles, I was worried that Patrick did something unlawful.

But you can barely even charge him with dropping a pass.....

Comment

question is will Patrick want to stay here he may want to go where he has better and more consistent QB situation and better team

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

Honestly i would Keep sutton over Jeudy. Sutton has shown more in the nfl then Jeudy. also PAtrick is the oldest of the our team

next MElvin Gordon is almost 30. it would be best to add a lightning in the bottle type back. i love how Javonte runs so i am pretty happy with him. but personal i would love to add a younger guy who is explosive to be a lightning to JAvonte thunder.

also you may end up needing more then 2 backs with how they get injuried can you really have 2 many good RBs Gordon is thirty and about to hit a steep decline
                          I'm not saying throw the bank at Gordon he will be 29 through next season but he has played well the last 2 years and Williams credits him with helping him learn this year. Gordon is a team guy and having 2 good backs is necessary. The lightning to Williams thunder can be found late in the draft or undrafted. A late round speedster that I like is Trestan Ebner from Baylor who has an NFL frame and also in the top 30 in both kick and punt returners. Give us a reason to get rid of Spencer.

Comment

Working...
                          X