Lets Talk About The (Good) Chances Of 6 and 4 Going Into The Bye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GMTD View Post

In many ways it was a freak win for the Eagles. However, its not as if our deficiencies today were anything new. Being capable of beating the No.1 team in the NFC at their place a week ago, only to lose to their 3-6 divisional rivals is exactly the kind of inconsistency we expect of our team this season.
    Wasn't a freak win to me. They do what teams do to beat us. JORDAN freaking HOWARD got of the Delorean and ran all over the defense. The offense is uninspired and Teddy Dishwaters exactly who I thought he was.

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
      Wasn't a freak win to me. They do what teams do to beat us. JORDAN freaking HOWARD got of the Delorean and ran all over the defense. The offense is uninspired and Teddy Dishwaters exactly who I thought he was.
      We have to live with a loss to the Eagles for 4 years....doesn't get much worse than that.

Would have rather lost to Dallas and beat Philadelphia.

Comment

Originally posted by GMTD View Post
        If we had won today, we would have topped the division.
        Now that the angry folks are here to knock down the team, and sure, even some of the folks who are very supportive (which is fair ball), the point you make does still reflect that The Broncos are but 1 game behind the division lead. It's a smallish half full comment but true. KC was strong yesterday, but what is happening to Vegas and The Chargers? Are they pretenders. And KC has not proven yet that they are as good as in previous years.

Hey, I get why people are not encouraged by this team, overall. But after 10 games, The Denver Broncos are very much alive, no matter what happened yesterday. After they lost 4 straight, they were written off by the majority, but 2 games later they were ok.

I get it that folks need to vent. Some I think are more of a negative force, because they do not like certain people in the organization, or they like someone better. Or because they enjoy the wonders of online interaction....where you can tear into almost anything with minimal consequence. It's the dark side of what can be a very useful form of communication.

If I'm objective, I don't like the loss, and I think this team will have to fight hard to make the playoffs. But if I'm being a wee bit realistic and supportive, I have not seen enough of our AFC rivals to crown any of them. And who knows, with 3 wild cards, does anyone here know all the combinations/possibilities to almost confirm that we are out of it? No way. And if one says that it doesn't matter, because we suck or something even better worded, they have no real evidence to back them up.

Every week I see teams "suck". Teams I thought were pretty good. And I expect one or more of them will make the playoffs, and I could venture to say that one of them might win it all.

My closing comment....the way to make the playoffs is to stay close (or better, stay ahead). But staying close gives you the chance, and it also enhances possibilities if you get on some kind of roll nearer the end of the season....when it matters.

Sure I could rip into Teddy, or Fangio, or Shurmur or Paton or Elway. It's an easy path. And anyone who thinks that those of us who respect and appreciate Teddy are ok with his "decision" yesterday, well, I would suggest you are not giving us credit for the football knowledge we have. And not that it matters, because TB can not be overly defended for his "maneuver", but I highly doubt any others here have seen QBs avoid contact before. Some great QBs. Like I say, I'm here to defend that moment.

For me, lets see if we can improve down the road, enough to edge our way into postseason. And when the offseason does come, lets look forward to the types of maneuvers that strengthen this club for years to come.

Comment

Wrong ownership, wrong QB, wrong coach… you ain’t going nowhere with that mess

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Now that the angry folks are here to knock down the team, and sure, even some of the folks who are very supportive (which is fair ball), the point you make does still reflect that The Broncos are but 1 game behind the division lead. It's a smallish half full comment but true. KC was strong yesterday, but what is happening to Vegas and The Chargers? Are they pretenders. And KC has not proven yet that they are as good as in previous years.

Hey, I get why people are not encouraged by this team, overall. But after 10 games, The Denver Broncos are very much alive, no matter what happened yesterday. After they lost 4 straight, they were written off by the majority, but 2 games later they were ok.

I get it that folks need to vent. Some I think are more of a negative force, because they do not like certain people in the organization, or they like someone better. Or because they enjoy the wonders of online interaction....where you can tear into almost anything with minimal consequence. It's the dark side of what can be a very useful form of communication.

If I'm objective, I don't like the loss, and I think this team will have to fight hard to make the playoffs. But if I'm being a wee bit realistic and supportive, I have not seen enough of our AFC rivals to crown any of them. And who knows, with 3 wild cards, does anyone here know all the combinations/possibilities to almost confirm that we are out of it? No way. And if one says that it doesn't matter, because we suck or something even better worded, they have no real evidence to back them up.

Every week I see teams "suck". Teams I thought were pretty good. And I expect one or more of them will make the playoffs, and I could venture to say that one of them might win it all.

My closing comment....the way to make the playoffs is to stay close (or better, stay ahead). But staying close gives you the chance, and it also enhances possibilities if you get on some kind of roll nearer the end of the season....when it matters.

Sure I could rip into Teddy, or Fangio, or Shurmur or Paton or Elway. It's an easy path. And anyone who thinks that those of us who respect and appreciate Teddy are ok with his "decision" yesterday, well, I would suggest you are not giving us credit for the football knowledge we have. And not that it matters, because TB can not be overly defended for his "maneuver", but I highly doubt any others here have seen QBs avoid contact before. Some great QBs. Like I say, I'm here to defend that moment.

For me, lets see if we can improve down the road, enough to edge our way into postseason. And when the offseason does come, lets look forward to the types of maneuvers that strengthen this club for years to come.
            Sorry Can we have been 2 quite the Past 6 years waiting for Good Change and all we get is Fools Gold. This Team right does suck 100%. This Team needs a New Owner, A New GM? A New Head Coach, A New OC. DC, STC, and yes a New and BETTER QB because Teddy is by far one of worst starting QB's out there right now and that is not even up for debate. We are all tired and now with the help of Social Media maybe our voices the Fan's voices can Rise up and Demand Change. I for one knew this game was going to be a BLOW OUT by the Philly Eagles a team that was 3-6 and now they are 4-6 thanks to our lousy coached and lousy ran Team. I am glad that I did not watch one single minute of this Trash that was on the Field and You know what it is not the fault of the WRS it is a Fault that Direct Blame is on Teddy and Vic Fangio. It is not a fault of J. Williams it is the fault of the coaching staff not going to with what got you to beat Dallas and that was J. Williams not Fumble Prone MG who should of been demoted after that Washington debacle and that falls Directly on Vic Fangio. Us Fans are just plain and simple SICK OF IT ALL. I did not watch this game and I knew that was the right call because how can Denver ever win at home with Vic Fangio leading it or Teddy leading it LOL they can't and they continue to SUCK at home. I am glad that I did not watch this Hot Garbage and I am glad that I spent my Sunday outside doing chores a ton better than watching that Mess on TV.

Comment

We have been saying this since Manning left. We can look at the silver linings all day long. There is something fundamentally wrong with this team and it is evident in every aspect. No owner, a GM who is still in love with his draft pick of Bridgewater from his Minnesota days, moronic coaching and players who have already checked out and are thinking of the offseason. There are no maneuvers to be made. This team needs a serious wake up call.

Comment

I’ve just read about pat bowlen on wikipedia where it says in 2009 there were rumours of him having memory loss and that in 2010 he no longer played any role in the broncos decision making , that was quite a long time ago , this rudderless identity since then largely reflects negatively on him i think , sadly.

Comment

Sorry Can, but this team has stunk for the past 5 years. And it's not just a reaction after a tough loss. This team is/has been just above being horrible, but not close to being a contender. We are not close to being relevant. The biggest thing in my book is we don't have a legit QB. And we surely don't have a competent coaching staff. We placed the success of the season on a QB with a max of 14 TDs in a season. If we ran the ball like the Ravens do, the strategy might make sense. As long as we keep fielding this Siemian/Keenum/Bridgewater type QBs, we're going nowhere. It would take a great coach to change that, and what great coach is signing up for this. Give up the picks for Rodgers or Watson in the offseason or repeat the last 6 years again in 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by champ&dreallday View Post

Sorry Can, but this team has stunk for the past 5 years. And it's not just a reaction after a tough loss. This team is/has been just above being horrible, but not close to being a contender. We are not close to being relevant. The biggest thing in my book is we don't have a legit QB. And we surely don't have a competent coaching staff. We placed the success of the season on a QB with a max of 14 TDs in a season. If we ran the ball like the Ravens do, the strategy might make sense. As long as we keep fielding this Siemian/Keenum/Bridgewater type QBs, we're going nowhere. It would take a great coach to change that, and what great coach is signing up for this. Give up the picks for Rodgers or Watson in the offseason or repeat the last 6 years again in 2022.
                    I thoroughly understand your feelings about the "drought" and the apparent disregard for probably the most important position in sports. I am totally with you in terms of pursuing a top level QB for draft cap and/or players. I was all over the Watson "potential opportunity" until we were woken to the allegations. I was all over bidding for Rodgers, but that was not to be. QB is our #1 need hands down.

I guess I get a little worn down because some seemingly can not wait to jump on the same negativity, even though it is unlikely we can change much til the offseason. Firing someone has to have a good plan, because interim candidates may not be chosen for the job when the smoke clears. So I may not be huge on firings, but whatever. And part of me wonders....we are one game back of the division and only 1 win back of a wild card. How do you not consider that, until we are mathematically out of it this year?

Again, there are reasons to be dissatisfied, and well beyond this year. But there's a predictability about the posting going on here. Even winning does not seem to alter the views of some. It's their right, but do we have to hear about it every time we lose, or even win at times?

Comment

Originally posted by champ&dreallday View Post

That's the thing, unless he's a proven vetern QB (aka Rodgers, Manning, etc.. ), I dont want someone else's trash.
                      Originally posted by broncos SB2010
                      I doubt Chubb is high on their radar.

Comment

Working...
                      X