Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post

That's not good.

We beat a good team in Dallas and then lose to a bad team at home?
    Broncos tend to let up after they have a little improvement. Big let down after a big win in Dallas.

Comment

OK, I give. Can someone enlighten me on WHO has the power to fire anyone? This is to continue till a new ownership takes control of this sinking ship. Wish them luck.

Comment

Originally posted by colowoz01 View Post
        OK, I give. Can someone enlighten me on WHO has the power to fire anyone? This is to continue till a new ownership takes control of this sinking ship. Wish them luck.
        Ellis certainly has the power. Elway probably has the power. Paton might have the power.
        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
        You Mad Bro?
        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Elway said Paton has the final say on decisions in every area except coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

Fangio failing to take this step is one of the key reasons the Broncos haven’t had success under him. Total lack of accountability.
            Good point, But lack of accountability is the norm around Bronco land, see how Elway, Ellis, The board. There is no accountability throughout !

Comment

We still have Elway and Ellis. Definition of insanity is trying the same old , same old and expecting a better or different result. Garbage in garbage out. It will always be this way until we either get a new team or a new owner, for sure. Elway and Ellis are going to sap every ounce out of this team until they are "Forced" out. But; we all already know that.

Comment

Originally posted by colowoz01 View Post

Good point, But lack of accountability is the norm around Bronco land, see how Elway, Ellis, The board. There is no accountability throughout !
                Exactly right.

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                  Andrew Mason

@MaseDenver
                  The Broncos have lost 11 consecutive games when trailing at halftime. Their 1-20 record in the Fangio era when trailing at halftime is the league’s second-worst; only Carolina (1-22 in that span) has been worse with a halftime deficit.
                  And we haven't scored a TD on an opening drive in over one year!
                  How I long for the days where being down 2 scores with 5 minutes left had us beliving that we will win this one!
                  I miss John, Jake, Tim and Peyton!

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos65 View Post
                    Man, what's it going to take, Vic has to go. Yes we need more players, have tons of injuries but who cares, the coaching staff needs to go. I would have fired the Special Teams coach during the game after the blocked field goal, guess that's why I'm not the coach. FIRE VIC!
                    Yes...please do? Start all over next year. It's time for new, overwhelming drama to begin with thousands of Denver "armchair" coaches in this fan forum screaming how to fix the ongoing nightmare. I can hardly wait.
                    Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

In the past there were many HC who carried on leading their teams with substantially worse W/L records than Vic Fangio.

However, given the state of the game as it stands today in an altogether more impatient world, he is clearly in trouble; so much so that most expect him to be relieved of his duties at the end of the season.

I have found this link. It shows all current NFL HC and their overall W/L records:
                      https://www.footballdb.com/coaches/index.html?sort=pct

Of those who have been in charge as long as Vic (42 games), his W/L.percentage is the worst of all.

So yes, he should probably be sacked. However, the team appears to have reached the decision not to do so mid season, and in many ways I agree with that.

Comment

Ellis and Elway could care less whether Fangio stays or goes. It’s a grift and has been for years.

Fangio should be fired before end of season but it’s very unlikely. If the team takes a couple more embarrassing losses at home, which is likely, maybe they’ll fire him. Why would they though? The stadium is sold out regardless of no shows and they have the TV contracts, etc.

Losing is fine - the fan base will continue tolerating losing seasons while continuing to sellout the stadium.

Comment

I been thinking. Reports at Vic got a Playoff Mandate this year. We probably going to keep him until we out of the playoffs. Not as much for Vic but more to sell the next HC that he will get a fair shake.
                          Lets Ride!

Comment

It’s too late to fire Fangio in season. The first opportunity was after the Thursday night game. The second and final opportunity was last Sunday/Monday. The only way they can justify it now is if he commits some sort of HR fireable offense or a crime.
                            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                            You Mad Bro?
                            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

so if and when they fire Vic.does the list start with Brian Dabiold?OC at Buffalo.
                              I miss real Bronco football

Comment

Let Elway get out of the heated/ air conditioned pedestal and come down and be the head coach. Maybe he could redeem himself. Certainly could not do worse than he has as prima donna, wanna be suited stuffed shirt executive president of football operations
                                Last edited by MrMax; 11-21-2021, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X