2022 starting QB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

I've covered it a million times in here. Yes he's looked bad in an offense with a bad offensive line and downfield, late developing routes. He has to learn how to see things faster and take what the defense gives him, because the downfield stuff is what he loved to sit in the pocket and do a Ohio State. Go watch the second half of the Steelers game. Get him under center, and get him on the move. As far as where he needs work, I think he'll pick it up, and he'll only improve. If he had gone to the Patriots and McDaniels I highly, highly doubt you'd be able to come in here and talk about how bad he looks.
    Cool, but he was drafted where he was and looks how he looks. Again, I'm not saying he won't end up being a great NFL QB, but so far he's looked pretty bad, and a lot of Broncos fans still talking about not taking him would be angry if he were playing this way for Denver.

The Patriots have a long history of making QBs look good (see Cassel and Garoppolo) so I'm not surprised that Jones looks good there, they're working to what he does well and protecting him from what he doesn't do well. Not many coaching staffs do that (see Chicago and Fields) and I don't think this Denver staff would have done it for any of the rookie QBs. The only hope is next year the new coaching staff is comprised of an OC and QB coach who specialize in developing QBs, and a willingness to bend their offense to that QBs strengths.

Comment

My preference...

Rodgers
      Rodgers and Adams!!
      Wilson
      Watson (only if completely cleared)

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

Cool, but he was drafted where he was and looks how he looks. Again, I'm not saying he won't end up being a great NFL QB, but so far he's looked pretty bad, and a lot of Broncos fans still talking about not taking him would be angry if he were playing this way for Denver.

The Patriots have a long history of making QBs look good (see Cassel and Garoppolo) so I'm not surprised that Jones looks good there, they're working to what he does well and protecting him from what he doesn't do well. Not many coaching staffs do that (see Chicago and Fields) and I don't think this Denver staff would have done it for any of the rookie QBs. The only hope is next year the new coaching staff is comprised of an OC and QB coach who specialize in developing QBs, and a willingness to bend their offense to that QBs strengths.
        I can definitely see him struggling here the same as Lock did after transitioning from Scangarello. I can't speak for the other fans, but for me, I liked Fields a lot more than Lock in college, and I feel that we would've seen more development in year two with Fields than we saw with Lock regardless. You might be right about the fans in general, but it's hard to gage just on this site. I don't feel like all the fans here are genuinely angry because we're a mediocre to bad team. I feel like some of them are upset about something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

Fields has been pretty bad this year, I'm really not sure why so many are still hung up on him? He might end up being a great QB, but right now he's not, and I feel like a lot of fans talking about how we should have drafted Fields would be compelling about us drafting him right now if we had.
          Absolutely not....he looks just like all the other rookies...but they and entire offseason taking snap and getting timing down and he didn't. Anyone who know a smallest bit about qbs can see the improvement with more starts he gets... im with the group never take a cb over a qb...
          Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

I want no parts of Rodgers at all...everyone just assumes he's gonna play until he us 45 like Brady or his game will still be as good at that age. To give up the capital and he plays 1-3 years and then we back looking for yet another qb. No thank you.
            Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
              I want no parts of Rodgers at all...everyone just assumes he's gonna play until he us 45 like Brady or his game will still be as good at that age. To give up the capital and he plays 1-3 years and then we back looking for yet another qb. No thank you.
              I kindly disagree. Signing Rodgers makes us Super Bowl contenders. Is Green Bay's roster that much better than Denver's other than QB? I don't care for his personality but he's in the Top 5 of all time discussion at QB & still is playing at an Elite level.

Comment

Originally posted by cousinal111 View Post

I kindly disagree. Signing Rodgers makes us Super Bowl contenders. Is Green Bay's roster that much better than Denver's other than QB? I don't care for his personality but he's in the Top 5 of all time discussion at QB & still is playing at an Elite level.
                If Rodgers plays three more years and the Broncos win a Super Bowl, it’s worth it to get Rodgers.

If he only plays one year and they don’t win the Super Bowl, it’s a waste of resources.

It might be worth the gamble.
                Last edited by broncolee; 11-16-2021, 07:09 PM.
                My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                You Mad Bro?
                Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post

If Rodgers plays three more years and the Broncos win a Super Bowl, it’s worth it to get Rodgers.

If he only plays one year and the don’t win the Super Bowl, it’s a waste of resources.

It might be worth the gamble.
                  Agree. I honestly haven't been excited for a Broncos game since Week 1 of 2016 when we beat the Panthers following Super Bowl 50.

Comment

Contenders mean nothing...he hasn't won a super bowl in almost a decade. He Maybe in your top but definitely not in mine. I'm not a fan of him in Denver....I hope to God that he stays in greenbay or go to some other team. I want us to have a qb for a decade plus like greenbay like Rodgers was for them....I dont want ANY qb in their late 30s.....not even Rodgers....sorry not sorry.

Comment

Contenders mean nothing...he hasn't won a super bowl in almost a decade. He Maybe in your top but definitely not in mine. I'm not a fan of him in Denver....I hope to God that he stays in greenbay or go to some other team. I want us to have a qb for a decade plus like greenbay like Rodgers was for them....I dont want ANY qb in their late 30s.....not even Rodgers....sorry not sorry.
                      I think all Broncos fans would love a QB for a decade plus playing great & winning big games. Unfortunately it is difficult to accomplish going 5-11 or 6-11 year after year.

We get Rodgers for 2 years, it'd at least be fun. Just my opinion.

Comment

I think all Broncos fans would love a QB for a decade plus playing great & winning big games. Unfortunately it is difficult to accomplish going 5-11 or 6-11 year after year.

We get Rodgers for 2 years, it'd at least be fun. Just my opinion.
                        But to give up most likely 3 1st picks for maybe 2 or 3 years. Took Peyton what 3 years to make it and he would be still younger than if we were to get Rodgers. Just let him finish years out in greenbay....love is no ready ...I dont think Rodgers is gonna leave now that he is part time GM there any lol.

Comment

But to give up most likely 3 1st picks for maybe 2 or 3 years. Took Peyton what 3 years to make it and he would be still younger than if we were to get Rodgers. Just let him finish years out in greenbay....love is no ready ...I dont think Rodgers is gonna leave now that he is part time GM there any lol.
                          I thought he restructured his deal so at the end of this year he walks as an UFA. We wouldn’t have to give up anything but money to pay him. It is a no brainer

Comment

Originally posted by Carffather View Post

I thought he restructured his deal so at the end of this year he walks as an UFA. We wouldn’t have to give up anything but money to pay him. It is a no brainer
                            Yes Rodgers is free to walk in off-season.

Comment

Originally posted by Carffather View Post

I think the restructure is for 2023

Comment

Originally posted by Allen C View Post

I think the restructure is for 2023
                                Agreed, I think 2023 is a mutual option or something like that.

Rodgers isn't going to play much longer IMO... I'd be surprised if he plays more than 1 season with a new team. So, I hope we avoid trading for him at all costs.

Comment

Working...
                                X