2022 starting QB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    Week in and week out...almost every week for years now...the Broncos have the worst Qb on the field.

I wonder if the Front Office is getting as tired of this as we are.
    I doubt the front office this season really even cares. Ellis is gone after this season. Elway seems like he's ready to move on to other things. Head coaching staff is just here for this season. The only person I think with a vested personal interest in the Broncos success this season and in future seasons is George Paton, and even in his case, say the new owners want a new gm, he's going to leave with a nice golden parachute. I honestly don't think anyone in the front office cares at this point. They're all on the way out anyways.

Probably the only players who care this season, are players whose contract ends after this season . And them, I see only playing hard/avoiding injury to hopefully land a deal on another team.

The fans are probably the only faction of this team that cares honestly.

Edit.

I'll add that Justin Simmons seems to care. Alexander Johnson, when he was playing always gave 100%. And Javonte Williams runs hard, with the limited touches he gets. Courtland Sutton always plays with fiery passion as well. McManus plays well too, but I think it's his ego (not that that is a bad thing, he is one of the best place-kickers in the NFL in my opinion and his ego is warranted) I might be missing some players, but I don't think more then 10 players on this roster really care enough to give 100% percent.
    Last edited by justabroncosfan; 11-17-2021, 05:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Allen C View Post
      Message to Paton, do what you need to do to get Kenny Pickett. The more I watch him the more I'm impressed, yes he came out of nowhere this season but his progression over the last 2 years in his decision making are what stand out the most and that comes with time.

He's not having a Joe Burrow type of year but he's right on pace with Baker, Kyler, Mac Jones and already about to have a better year than Lawrence ever had. He's definitely a Heisman front runner and for good reason, he's easily the most NFL ready QB and will most likely be the first QB selected.

We will need to trade up to get our pick of the class unless Detroit has the #1 pick. They might pass on the top Defensive players available for a QB
      We're already talking about who will be starting QB next year?

What about 2023, 2024, 2025? I don't believe the starting QB matters much when the Broncos coaching staff is as dysfunctional and completely confused.

One thing the Broncos defense needs to heavily address is learning how to tackle the opposing player holding the football while playing tackle football.

Seems simple.....but.....
      Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Originally posted by justabroncosfan View Post

I doubt the front office this season really even cares. Ellis is gone after this season. Elway seems like he's ready to move on to other things. Head coaching staff is just here for this season. The only person I think with a vested personal interest in the Broncos success this season and in future seasons is George Paton, and even in his case, say the new owners want a new gm, he's going to leave with a nice golden parachute. I honestly don't think anyone in the front office cares at this point. They're all on the way out anyways.

Probably the only players who care this season, are players whose contract ends after this season . And them, I see only playing hard/avoiding injury to hopefully land a deal on another team.

The fans are probably the only faction of this team that cares honestly.

Edit.

I'll add that Justin Simmons seems to care. Alexander Johnson, when he was playing always gave 100%. And Javonte Williams runs hard, with the limited touches he gets. Courtland Sutton always plays with fiery passion as well. McManus plays well too, but I think it's his ego (not that that is a bad thing, he is one of the best place-kickers in the NFL in my opinion and his ego is warranted) I might be missing some players, but I don't think more then 10 players on this roster really care enough to give 100% percent.
        I agree, but I would also add that it can flip quickly. In 2010 it didn't look like anyone knew what they were doing on the field, nor that any of them cared. But in 2011 with Elway as GM, Fox as head coach (and some others might say Tebow as well), things flipped quickly, and the team all started pulling in the same direction and the level of caring quickly turned around.

If Paton can get the right hire at HC, and he surrounds himself with the right coaches, I think things can turn around quickly. I know people don't believe it, but there is a lot of talent on the roster. Oh and they need to finally get the QB thing figured out.

I've heard Andrew Luck lives in Colorado now, maybe back the Brinks truck up to his door and convince him that playing so his kids can see, and in his now home state for 5-7 years will complete his legacy. I'm only partially kidding about this.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

I agree, but I would also add that it can flip quickly. In 2010 it didn't look like anyone knew what they were doing on the field, nor that any of them cared. But in 2011 with Elway as GM, Fox as head coach (and some others might say Tebow as well), things flipped quickly, and the team all started pulling in the same direction and the level of caring quickly turned around.

If Paton can get the right hire at HC, and he surrounds himself with the right coaches, I think things can turn around quickly. I know people don't believe it, but there is a lot of talent on the roster. Oh and they need to finally get the QB thing figured out.

I've heard Andrew Luck lives in Colorado now, maybe back the Brinks truck up to his door and convince him that playing so his kids can see, and in his now home state for 5-7 years will complete his legacy. I'm only partially kidding about this.
          The last interview I saw with him he says the most he wants to do with football is to play catch with high schoolers and then go home to his family.
          sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

In a perfect world I wanna see a decent place holder until Arch Manning is ready. Wilson would be perfect. 5-7 years left of play. Roger's doesn't have enough time left. I'd stock draft picks like crazy until then, then sell the farm and move to #1 whatever year he comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by DBsince83 View Post
              In a perfect world I wanna see a decent place holder until Arch Manning is ready. Wilson would be perfect. 5-7 years left of play. Roger's doesn't have enough time left. I'd stock draft picks like crazy until then, then sell the farm and move to #1 whatever year he comes out.
              We better plan that tank now. Cause Arch gonna make "Suck for Luck" look more like Cam Newton's free agency.

Comment

Originally posted by DBsince83 View Post
                That's on hell of a stretch... He hasn't even played a down in College football... way too soon to make the leap to #1 draft pick.

Sounds like a smart, level headed kid, with first rate pedigree, and ranked a top high school prospect, but that's all for he is right now.

Comment

Working...
                X