Teddy - He can't tackle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teddy - He can't tackle

I know, I know. Everyone is harping on this one play!

Deservedly so!

This one play deserves it's own thread.

It was that bad!

I have never been more embarrassed as a Broncos fan,

I am not watching another game the Broncos play if Teddy is the quarterback.

If I was his teammate... I would look at him with disgust.

That supreme lack of effort he showed was revolting.

For example, Simmons, Williams, Johnson (I know he's injured now) all put their body on the line, endured pain, for the common good of the team, and then your quarterback pulls that?

I wouldn't be surprised if the whole team doesn't start playing soft now.

Damn Teddy! I liked you too! Then you pulled that?

The explanation that Teddy gave should say it all - he really wasn't interested in making a play. I am not sure if its a generational thing or some sort of QB code, but they just do not make them like they use to. I guess that can go for the league over all with the new rules to protect players now.

Comment

That fumble return was truly embarrassing. I think Slay could have gone back and forth end zone to end zone about 4 or 5 times without being touched. Soft as it gets.

Comment

He's a skinny quarterback. He probably can't tackle.
        Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Baker Mayfield got a separated shoulder tackling a runner...

Just sayin'
          [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post

Just sayin'
            Please tell me you aren't trying to defend his actions or should I say lack of action
            sigpic

Comment

I guess the quarterbacks are told not to tackle? Because they don't want to get the quarterbacks hurt?

I think though he should have tried to make the tackle.

Elway didn't have to do the helicopter play either, but he did it in at a crucial situation of the game.
              ​​​​​​​
              ( I know this is just a regular season game, but it was a big game that should have been won)

IMO, all football players should feel obligated to make tackles if needed.
              https://i.imgur.com/YpWz9fm.jpg

Comment

If you missed it...

https://twitter.com/DonJaworski/stat...285612036?s=19

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                  I guess the quarterbacks are told not to tackle? Because they don't want to get the quarterbacks hurt?

I think though he should have tried to make the tackle.

Elway didn't have to do the helicopter play either, but he did it in at a crucial situation of the game.

( I know this is just a regular season game, but it was a big game that should have been won)

IMO, all football players should feel obligated to make tackles if needed.
                  I don't want my QB in that mix unless a playoff game is slipping away. I'd rather lose in week 10 than lose the best QB on the team for 7 more games. Weather that best QB is John Elway, Bradley Van Pelt, Trevor, Manning, Drew Lock or Teddy 2 gloves. The best QB we have is the best QB we have.

It sucks but we'd still of lost the game, i'm sure, if he did attempt to tackle. What else makes anyone think the Broncos D was going to stop Hurts enough to come back? the Fumble Ended our chances, not the TD, IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post

Just sayin'
                    Peyton Manning and Tom Brady went for the tackle, those are HOF QB. Teddy is a never was, life time backup, it not like it would matter if he got hurt like Baker. Baker is more important to the Browns as a whole than Teddy is to us. Teddy hadn't won the Broncos fan over like Baker has won the Browns for us to be okay with him not trying.

https://youtu.be/eCxCqhlJ3PE
                    Last edited by Chronoless; 11-15-2021, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jmz313 View Post

I don't want my QB in that mix unless a playoff game is slipping away. I'd rather lose in week 10 than lose the best QB on the team for 7 more games. Weather that best QB is John Elway, Bradley Van Pelt, Trevor, Manning, Drew Lock or Teddy 2 gloves. The best QB we have is the best QB we have.

It sucks but we'd still of lost the game, i'm sure, if he did attempt to tackle. What else makes anyone think the Broncos D was going to stop Hurts enough to come back? the Fumble Ended our chances, not the TD, IMHO.
                      I got ya, And we pretty much don't have to worry about the playoffs thanks to losing a couple of the games we should have won this year.
                      Plays like that set the tone of the game.
                      https://i.imgur.com/YpWz9fm.jpg

Comment

I got ya, And we pretty much don't have to worry about the playoffs thanks to losing a couple of the games we should have won this year.
                        I understand, and agree... but I feel like the tone of yesterday's game was set by the early 3rd Q when they blocked the FG. The only thing that truly slowed the Eagles down on O was their own mistakes.

The fumble/turnover ended our chances. Not the TD. Penalties could also of been blamed. JW had a nice TD run that came back then went back another 10 yards then, i believe MG fumbled.

Comment

That was awesome

Comment

Teddy looked terrible, but that whole play was terrible. Not defending him, because it looked bad, but many other QBs have faked interest in tackling. Yes, some of the best. There is some truth in the fact you do not want your starter to risk injury, but I am not using that as an excuse. But lets not forget how many Broncos messed up that one play.

Comment

Vic Fangio lied for Teddy today. They're best good friends.
                              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Working...
                              X