Teddy - He can't tackle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make a DAMN tackle Teddy!!!!

I will not defend you. That would just be nonsense.
    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
    You Mad Bro?
    Don’t Be A Mean Girl
    Hell No!!! To the Texans Quarterback!!!

Comment

• I'm hoping this might have a bit of a psychological lift for Teddy B.
      It might not last, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him take a few shots vs the Chargers that he probably wouldn't have before.

​​​​​​It was a disappointing play, but it's over now.
      I do expect a more aggressive QB, so in that sense it may be the play that turns the whole season around.

Comment

• Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
        I'm hoping this might have a bit of a psychological lift for Teddy B.
        It might not last, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him take a few shots vs the Chargers that he probably wouldn't have before.

I do expect a more aggressive QB, so in that sense it may be the play that turns the whole season around.
        Unfortunately, he has two weeks to be who he is. If they weren’t going into the bye and had a game this week, I might agree with you.
        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
        You Mad Bro?
        Don’t Be A Mean Girl
        Hell No!!! To the Texans Quarterback!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

So....?
          Sacks don't have a very significant impact on outcomes compared to ex. interceptions.
          “Sacks are actually good…” LOL

Just take the L. You incorrectly said Teddy didn’t have many negative plays and he in fact has a ton of sacks.

Comment

Nothing about Teddy Bridgewater that we know suggests anything but acquiescence.

But I'd love it if you were right.

Comment

It's a super long shot, but this would be a great time for the coaches to relay that they are still sticking with him (even when it would be fair not to) and let him know they are going to ride his A** the rest of the way and pull the best from him

Comment

• My issue with Teddy are the garbage stats and lack of points. I saw some stats posted on him about horrendous 3rd down percentage and high completion percentage.

I saw that Teddy has a higher passer rating than several QBs but overall a very bad QBR rating. His QBR rating is less than Locks from last year. Locks QBR rating last year was higher that Wilson, Fields, And Lawrence so far this year. With the weak QB class next year I think we are in a long slump as long as we keep going with retreads.

Comment

• I hope teddy watched Mac Jones and took notes
                  sigpic
                  BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Comment

• Thought I'd be the first (oh shoot, the second) to say it, given I do defend TB once in a while....but Mac Jones just made a tackle. Now, he did throw the pic though, which might have motivated him to get involved. (Can you imagine facing BB on the sidelines??!!) And yes, he's just a puppy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	belichick-fache.gif
Views:	82
Size:	3.65 MB
ID:	8384958

You better have a plan when you return to this.....
                    CanDB
                    Football Immortal
                    Last edited by CanDB; 11-18-2021, 08:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

So....?
                      Sacks don't have a very significant impact on outcomes compared to ex. interceptions.
                      Maybe if you are Patrick Mahomes or a quarterback capable of hitting receivers down the field or on the sidelines, where 2nd and 16 or 3rd and 12 isn't an automatic punt. Sacks are a problem for Bridgewater in that he becomes entirely dependent on on his receivers for YAC or for William's to run over a slew of people to get a new series of downs. For this offense, sack = all too often a turnover via punt.

Comment

• Originally posted by CheyennePress View Post

Maybe if you are Patrick Mahomes or a quarterback capable of hitting receivers down the field or on the sidelines, where 2nd and 16 or 3rd and 12 isn't an automatic punt. Sacks are a problem for Bridgewater in that he becomes entirely dependent on on his receivers for YAC or for William's to run over a slew of people to get a new series of downs. For this offense, sack = all too often a turnover via punt.
                        I guess that you missed the comparison to INT's.
                        Offcause sacks - especially lost ones are problems. Drew has a tendency to throw a lot of int's and that is much worse.
                        Bridgewater is by no means among the best, but Lock was a bottom feeder last year, and does not look better this year. It is kind of like when people wanted Chris Simms instead of Orton, and then we tried it for two half games and we would rather have Orton on one leg.
                        I for one would have loved if Lock had improved and won the job, but he didn't, and I don't think he will.

Comment

• I'll say this here as well as another thread....Gordon seems to be getting a bit of a pass in this case. Well compensated RBs are paid to make key first downs in close games, and short of that, to hang on to the ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                            I'll say this here as well as another thread....Gordon seems to be getting a bit of a pass in this case. Well compensated RBs are paid to make key first downs in close games, and short of that, to hang on to the ball.
                            Unfortunately both are just more Bronco miscues to find a way to lose.

IMO two entirely different issues. Gordon was a football play where he screwed up (again!) by fumbling. Not giving him a pass but frustrating.

In Bridgewater’s case you have a football player not being competitive and choosing to quit on his teammates. To the extent that he was a close hand witness of watching his teammate getting leveled right next to him as he chose not to make an attempt at a tackle. He chose not to reach out grab a jersey or face mask, run into him, trip him, anything to slow him down. Bridgewater chose not to do anything.

IMO the willingness of so many to just let this go instead of holding him accountable is as much of a story as Bridgewater choosing to not compete in that moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

Unfortunately both are just more Bronco miscues to find a way to lose.

IMO two entirely different issues. Gordon was a football play where he screwed up (again!) by fumbling. Not giving him a pass but frustrating.

In Bridgewater’s case you have a football player not being competitive and choosing to quit on his teammates. To the extent that he was a close hand witness of watching his teammate getting leveled right next to him as he chose not to make an attempt at a tackle. He chose not to reach out grab a jersey or face mask, run into him, trip him, anything to slow him down. Bridgewater chose not to do anything.

IMO the willingness of so many to just let this go instead of holding him accountable is as much of a story as Bridgewater choosing to not compete in that moment.

But you are missing the point. I don't see any of us defending him in terms of taking his side to a high degree. But most of us can remember seeing a vet QB do the same in a similar situation. I for one have stated that many vet QBs stay out physical stuff because they are either too valuable to lose, or have experienced severe injury before. Last night 2 youngins got involved, but one of them (Rosen) seems to be on a journey in the wrong direction, so he must do whatever he can.

Lets be clear....Gordon fumbled at a very key moment, That's the main story. What happened after was a case of a terrible effort by TB - a vet QB, I admit, and a very confusing response by the entire O. That play took forever to develop. It's not TB that stopped our momentum. Gordon did. He's paid to make short yardage, but more important in this situation, he's paid not to fumble.
                              CanDB
                              Football Immortal
                              Last edited by CanDB; 11-19-2021, 12:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

But you are missing the point. I don't see any of us defending him in terms of taking his side to a high degree. But most of us can remember seeing a vet QB do the same in a similar situation. I for one have stated that many vet QBs stay out physical stuff because they are either too valuable to lose, or have experienced severe injury before. Last night 2 youngins got involved, but one of them (Rosen) seems to be on a journey in the wrong direction, so he must do whatever he can.

Lets be clear....Gordon fumbled at a very key moment, That's the main story. What happened after was a case of a terrible effort by TB - a vet QB, I admit, and a very confusing response by the entire O. That play took forever to develop. It's not TB that stopped our momentum. Gordon did. He's paid to make short yardage, but more important in this situation, he's paid not to fumble.
                                It’s still an ugly turd. No amount of polishing on your end will make that turd look good. No amount of turd polishing is going to excuse TBs failure here.

Comment

Working...
                                X