No announcement yet.

Teddy - He can't tackle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have kinda had it with TB. (He reminds of the kid from the little rascals.)

Comment

• There are qbs willing to risk throwing a block on a run play for hopes of maybe getting a few more yards.

Teddy can not even put forth the effort to stop what may have been a season changing play.
      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• If Paton hangs onto Bridgewater after this season, that will raise a huge question about his ability to turnaround the franchise. Bridgewater isn’t worthy of being a backup.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
          I love when fans point to Teddy’s 5 INTs as if that’s not a bad stat. Do those fans think about when those INTs happened and the impact?

vs Steelers - Bridgewater had a chance to tie the Steelers and he made an inaccurate throw to end the game on an INT in the end zone.

vs Raiders - 3 INTs and a fumble turnover. Saubert recovered the onside kick and gave the Broncos a chance to tie the game. What did Bridgewater do? Ridiculously bad INT to end the game.

vs Browns - in scoring position Bridgewater threw an INT in the end zone when the Broncos were down 10-0 in the 2nd quarter.

5 INTs doesn’t sound like a lot unless you acknowledge when he made those poor plays. Lots of fans talk about his high comp% - on critical plays that stat means nothing.
          I love when posts start with "I love when"....it's often a shot at another member's post that they do not agree with.

So, are we not allowed to post positive stats around here, ESPECIALLY if credited to TB. Any type of stats that may sound ok? Pass rate is no longer allowed apparently, nor is completion %, even if the QB is not a dink and dunker. And hey, throw as many pics as you want, as long as your initials are not TB.

The objective folks understand his flaws and are ok if we move on from him. We can not control the coaches and the decision makers. But alas, we actually have rights here, that is, we can post our thoughts.

Comment

• Originally posted by underrated29 View Post

Agreed.

He could have just gotten infront of the guy, not even tried to tackle him, just get in his way. Teddy last week or the week before ran and went head first into a couple defenders. Came out just fine. A small little CB is not going to hurt him by just getting in his way. Even as a traffic cone, but going full cam newton was not cool. Its not like it matters really. It would not have changed the game. We were not winning nor coming back. But when other guys on the team get hurt for going all out and he does not, it sucks for them to see that. They put their careers and bodies on the line.

It is what it is.
            We will have a new QB this offseason and we will have Patrick back for 3 more years. Exciting times are ahead.
            Just need 6 more months to get there!
            We’ll never know if the Broncos could have come back. Give the defense a chance to make a stop or get a turnover and who knows. Unfortunately for Bridgewater he defined his career by that play (without an opposite career defining play/game).

Teddy has a chance to turn things around coming out of the bye. My guess is Fangio didn’t bench him for that reason - he wants to give him an opportunity to turn it around. Vic talks tough but he’s an old softy, all bark and no bite.

Comment

We’ll never know if the Broncos could have come back. Give the defense a chance to make a stop or get a turnover and who knows. Unfortunately for Bridgewater he defined his career by that play (without an opposite career defining play/game).

Teddy has a chance to turn things around coming out of the bye. My guess is Fangio didn’t bench him for that reason - he wants to give him an opportunity to turn it around. Vic talks tough but he’s an old softy, all bark and no bite.
              I actually hope the offensive line just starts throwing lookout blocks until that loser is taken off the field.

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post

I actually hope the offensive line just starts throwing lookout blocks until that loser is taken off the field.
                I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s what they do. When a quarterback takes plays off no reason they won’t do the same thing.

Comment

• It has become clear to me QB thirsty teams see Teddy as a viable option until they see him on a day to day basis in the NFL season.

There is a reason Carolina is paying Teddy more than the Broncos to NOT be on the Panthers in 2021.
                  Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• cc: Teddy Bridgewater

Check Ryan Tannehill’s effort on this tackle attempt. This is leadership.

https://twitter.com/pointsbetusa/sta...605442050?s=21

Comment

• Good job Ryan. Give a seminar in Denver and invite Teddy Bridgewater.
                      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                      You Mad Bro?
                      Don’t Be A Mean Girl
                      Hell No!!! To the Texans Quarterback!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

I love when posts start with "I love when"....it's often a shot at another member's post that they do not agree with.

So, are we not allowed to post positive stats around here, ESPECIALLY if credited to TB. Any type of stats that may sound ok? Pass rate is no longer allowed apparently, nor is completion %, even if the QB is not a dink and dunker. And hey, throw as many pics as you want, as long as your initials are not TB.

The objective folks understand his flaws and are ok if we move on from him. We can not control the coaches and the decision makers. But alas, we actually have rights here, that is, we can post our thoughts.
                        Wow. Your post actually sounds much more critical of other’s posts than the one you are referencing. I believe he is simply pointing out that those interceptions were critical errors that lost games for us. To say that is a shot at someone is a reach.

Incidentally, I find it amusing that you think there are “objective folks” who apparently agree with you and then everyone else. That’s called irony.
                        To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Comment

• Originally posted by Humberg View Post

Wow. Your post actually sounds much more critical of other’s posts than the one you are referencing. I believe he is simply pointing out that those interceptions were critical errors that lost games for us. To say that is a shot at someone is a reach.

Incidentally, I find it amusing that you think there are “objective folks” who apparently agree with you and then everyone else. That’s called irony.
                          I love when some folks can be negative and use others' views, stats and so forth as fodder, and then attach the words "I love when" as if to dispel the validity. Go for it, you are not bothering me whatsoever. There are years of "patterns" around here, but go for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Humberg View Post

I’m not sure why anyone would take the breakdown of INTs personally. People pointed to the low number of INTs as proof of Bridgewater somehow playing well.

The number is one way of looking at a stat and breaking it down provides context. 5 INTs doesn’t seem like a lot and it’s really not when isolated. Looking at the cost of those INTs is another matter.

People became vested in Bridgewater which is difficult to understand because he was a mediocre/middling journeyman coming into Denver (off a really bad season in Carolina). I get that he’s wearing orange and blue but he just hasn’t played well with the exception of a few spots. What’s been really interesting is the defense of Bridgewater after the completely lame, now infamous no-tackle. Not sure how much of it is just gaslighting, or people just really like the guy. Maybe some of it is based in people who wanted to see Lock fail. I dunno.

In some sense I think much of the fan base has lowered the bar of what good looks like. Quarterback play has been so poor over the last 5 seasons that a guy like Bridgewater somehow seemed appealing. I have to admit, several years ago I thought he might be a fit in Denver.

Comment

I’m not sure why anyone would take the breakdown of INTs personally. People pointed to the low number of INTs as proof of Bridgewater somehow playing well.

The number is one way of looking at a stat and breaking it down provides context. 5 INTs doesn’t seem like a lot and it’s really not when isolated. Looking at the cost of those INTs is another matter.

People became vested in Bridgewater which is difficult to understand because he was a mediocre/middling journeyman coming into Denver (off a really bad season in Carolina). I get that he’s wearing orange and blue but he just hasn’t played well with the exception of a few spots. What’s been really interesting is the defense of Bridgewater after the completely lame, now infamous no-tackle. Not sure how much of it is just gaslighting, or people just really like the guy. Maybe some of it is based in people who wanted to see Lock fail. I dunno.

In some sense I think much of the fan base has lowered the bar of what good looks like. Quarterback play has been so poor over the last 5 seasons that a guy like Bridgewater somehow seemed appealing. I have to admit, several years ago I thought he might be a fit in Denver.
                              Because feelings care about facts?

Who knows.
                              To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lumiere View Post

Because feelings care about facts?

Who knows.
                                Happy early Thanksgiving

Comment

Working...
                                X