Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teddy - He can't tackle

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I thought with an experienced Qb things would get better, but they didn't . Its kinda a bummer watching these Retread Qb's here in Denver, and not being able to develop a young Qb as well.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
      I thought with an experienced Qb things would get better, but they didn't . Its kinda a bummer watching these Retread Qb's here in Denver, and not being able to develop a young Qb as well.
      The Broncos need to commit to developing a young quarterback or land a great quarterback like Rodgers. I prefer developing a young quarterback. The mediocre journeyman vet routine hasn’t worked and time to move on from that failed approach.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

        The Broncos need to commit to developing a young quarterback or land a great quarterback like Rodgers. I prefer developing a young quarterback. The mediocre journeyman vet routine hasn’t worked and time to move on from that failed approach.
        That's why I thought DW from Houston would be good in Denver.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

          I’m not sure why anyone would take the breakdown of INTs personally. People pointed to the low number of INTs as proof of Bridgewater somehow playing well.

          The number is one way of looking at a stat and breaking it down provides context. 5 INTs doesn’t seem like a lot and it’s really not when isolated. Looking at the cost of those INTs is another matter.

          People became vested in Bridgewater which is difficult to understand because he was a mediocre/middling journeyman coming into Denver (off a really bad season in Carolina). I get that he’s wearing orange and blue but he just hasn’t played well with the exception of a few spots. What’s been really interesting is the defense of Bridgewater after the completely lame, now infamous no-tackle. Not sure how much of it is just gaslighting, or people just really like the guy. Maybe some of it is based in people who wanted to see Lock fail. I dunno.

          In some sense I think much of the fan base has lowered the bar of what good looks like. Quarterback play has been so poor over the last 5 seasons that a guy like Bridgewater somehow seemed appealing. I have to admit, several years ago I thought he might be a fit in Denver.
          I guess I am guilty as charged. I have used that stat occasionally. Never said it was ok to have 5 pics, though it seems some here think more are ok. I see good QBs throwing them up every week, and not always at the best of times. I would argue that there is seldom a good time to throw a pic. But that's another book.

          I've used the low pic stat along with passer rate and completion % as rudimentary stats to show that TB is not the worst thing happening. Not saying he's good, because I am not. But in case you didn't notice, plenty of us wanted other QBs prior to the season, and TB was never on my list of starters. So to be clear, not supporting him that way. What I have done is jump in occasionally when the piling on gets kind of ridiculous. The lack of effort play was however the silver bullet for those who criticize TB. I was not happy with the play, but it is now apparently the most important act in football history(kidding).....whether a QB tackles or not. Funny, over many decades, and after hundreds of funny attempts or lack thereof, suddenly the QB tackle is critical.

          So.....didn't want TB as starter. Still a Broncos fan. 5 and 5 is not the end of the world. But what does it matter....those who pile on will pile on. So easy to do too, given the number of them here these days. I'll take my chances in support of him, when he deserves it. Not a piler-oner.

          But again, please do not equate some of us as TB big time supporters. We know he's not the answer. But we are not sure if the answer is on this club. And further, I say play Lock. But that's no fun is it....you know, if we try to agree.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Lumiere View Post

            Because feelings care about facts?


            Who knows.
            Who knows?....

            How's it going Gman?
            CanDB
            Football Immortal
            Last edited by CanDB; 11-21-2021, 06:23 PM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by CanDB View Post

              I guess I am guilty as charged. I have used that stat occasionally. Never said it was ok to have 5 pics, though it seems some here think more are ok. I see good QBs throwing them up every week, and not always at the best of times. I would argue that there is seldom a good time to throw a pic. But that's another book.

              I've used the low pic stat along with passer rate and completion % as rudimentary stats to show that TB is not the worst thing happening. Not saying he's good, because I am not. But in case you didn't notice, plenty of us wanted other QBs prior to the season, and TB was never on my list of starters. So to be clear, not supporting him that way. What I have done is jump in occasionally when the piling on gets kind of ridiculous. The lack of effort play was however the silver bullet for those who criticize TB. I was not happy with the play, but it is now apparently the most important act in football history(kidding).....whether a QB tackles or not. Funny, over many decades, and after hundreds of funny attempts or lack thereof, suddenly the QB tackle is critical.

              So.....didn't want TB as starter. Still a Broncos fan. 5 and 5 is not the end of the world. But what does it matter....those who pile on will pile on. So easy to do too, given the number of them here these days. I'll take my chances in support of him, when he deserves it. Not a piler-oner.

              But again, please do not equate some of us as TB big time supporters. We know he's not the answer. But we are not sure if the answer is on this club. And further, I say play Lock. But that's no fun is it....you know, if we try to agree.
              TB doesn’t have the clout to get away that lack of effort. Tom Brady? Yes cause as he has proven multiple times, can win you a few superbowls. Along with Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Etc. those elite QBs can get away it cause if they get hurt, no Super Bowl.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Locutus View Post

                TB doesn’t have the clout to get away that lack of effort. Tom Brady? Yes cause as he has proven multiple times, can win you a few superbowls. Along with Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Etc. those elite QBs can get away it cause if they get hurt, no Super Bowl.
                I think we can all safely say you are correct. Not going to even debate it.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post

                  That's why I thought DW from Houston would be good in Denver.
                  Oh he would be more than good, this offense would blow up if he were brought in...think like Manning years explosive.

                  This is what I would make #1 priority in the off-season is to go after Watson
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Locutus View Post

                    TB doesn’t have the clout to get away that lack of effort. Tom Brady? Yes cause as he has proven multiple times, can win you a few superbowls. Along with Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Etc. those elite QBs can get away it cause if they get hurt, no Super Bowl.
                    Yeah, but there wasn’t this same energy or venom when Sutton did the exact same thing earlier this season. Or when Lock and crew tried to circumvent rules last season and cost the team a game when Hinton was thrust into QB duty. It just seems like selective outrage with Teddy. Which all of those thing are egregious and should have come with some serious punishments. But that goes to the lack of accountability from the top of the organization. This team isn’t nearly good enough to have guys doing their own thing and it be allowed

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post

                      Yeah, but there wasn’t this same energy or venom when Sutton did the exact same thing earlier this season. Or when Lock and crew tried to circumvent rules last season and cost the team a game when Hinton was thrust into QB duty. It just seems like selective outrage with Teddy. Which all of those thing are egregious and should have come with some serious punishments. But that goes to the lack of accountability from the top of the organization. This team isn’t nearly good enough to have guys doing their own thing and it be allowed
                      Lock incident was off field issue. Not even in the same continent, let alone same ballpark. It wasn’t lack of effort, TB chose to give no effort. It’s not selective. TB earned the criticism

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Locutus View Post
                        Lock incident was off field issue. Not even in the same continent, let alone same ballpark. It wasn’t lack of effort, TB chose to give no effort. It’s not selective. TB earned the criticism
                        And Sutton?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post

                          And Sutton?
                          Sutton has clout, TB doesn’t. Sutton is a player the team needs, TB isn’t.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Locutus View Post

                            Sutton has clout, TB doesn’t. Sutton is a player the team needs, TB isn’t.
                            That proves my point. It's okay for some guys to quit on plays but not others. That isn't what I would call an organizational structure I would like to see continue. But carry on

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post

                              That proves my point. It's okay for some guys to quit on plays but not others. That isn't what I would call an organizational structure I would like to see continue. But carry on
                              I don’t know the play you’re talking about but plenty of players have given up on plays without much backlash. Randy Moss was famous for half assing it when he wasn’t the target.

                              Teddy had the unfortunate moment that just simply stood out. He deserves every bit of criticism he’s been getting.

                              Even Tom Brady has done a good job of at least making it look like he was trying to make a tackle.

                              Teddy should have made an effort.
                              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                              You Mad Bro?
                              Don’t Be A Mean Girl
                              Hell No!!! To the Texans Quarterback!!!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by broncolee View Post

                                I don’t know the play you’re talking about but plenty of players have given up on plays without much backlash. Randy Moss was famous for half assing it when he wasn’t the target.

                                Teddy had the unfortunate moment that just simply stood out. He deserves every bit of criticism he’s been getting.

                                Even Tom Brady has done a good job of at least making it look like he was trying to make a tackle.

                                Teddy should have made an effort.
                                He absolutely should have. And I am surprised there was no other discipline handed out. A steak dinner for everyone of his team mates or a fine, or a benching for a game or half. But the outrage should be equal. Sutton had an interception happen right in front of him, and instead of trying to tackle the defender, he walked off to the sidelines. Equally as egregious, but I guess since it wasn't part of Come on man on ESPN, or, as some would say, he has more clout, it's okay. Not the kind of effort I want coached or tolerated either. Just like Teddy's shouldn't.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X