Teddy - He can't tackle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post

He absolutely should have. And I am surprised there was no other discipline handed out. A steak dinner for everyone of his team mates or a fine, or a benching for a game or half. But the outrage should be equal. Sutton had an interception happen right in front of him, and instead of trying to tackle the defender, he walked off to the sidelines. Equally as egregious, but I guess since it wasn't part of Come on man on ESPN, or, as some would say, he has more clout, it's okay. Not the kind of effort I want coached or tolerated either. Just like Teddy's shouldn't.
    Okay. I agree that Sutton should have received backlash if he failed to try to make a tackle on a turnover.
    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
    You Mad Bro?
    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

That proves my point. It's okay for some guys to quit on plays but not others. That isn't what I would call an organizational structure I would like to see continue. But carry on
      If TB was any good at being a QB he would have been given a pass.

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus View Post

If TB was any good at being a QB he would have been given a pass.
        This team is mediocre at best, nobody should be given a pass at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

I guess I am guilty as charged. I have used that stat occasionally. Never said it was ok to have 5 pics, though it seems some here think more are ok. I see good QBs throwing them up every week, and not always at the best of times. I would argue that there is seldom a good time to throw a pic. But that's another book.

I've used the low pic stat along with passer rate and completion % as rudimentary stats to show that TB is not the worst thing happening. Not saying he's good, because I am not. But in case you didn't notice, plenty of us wanted other QBs prior to the season, and TB was never on my list of starters. So to be clear, not supporting him that way. What I have done is jump in occasionally when the piling on gets kind of ridiculous. The lack of effort play was however the silver bullet for those who criticize TB. I was not happy with the play, but it is now apparently the most important act in football history(kidding).....whether a QB tackles or not. Funny, over many decades, and after hundreds of funny attempts or lack thereof, suddenly the QB tackle is critical.

So.....didn't want TB as starter. Still a Broncos fan. 5 and 5 is not the end of the world. But what does it matter....those who pile on will pile on. So easy to do too, given the number of them here these days. I'll take my chances in support of him, when he deserves it. Not a piler-oner.

But again, please do not equate some of us as TB big time supporters. We know he's not the answer. But we are not sure if the answer is on this club. And further, I say play Lock. But that's no fun is it....you know, if we try to agree.
          Good QBs often overcome those INTs with great plays the remainder of a game. TB is not that guy - 5 INTs thrown in with mediocre play is like 10 INTs for a good QB.

The fervent defense of Teddy sure created the appearance of being big time supporters. That’s fine for people to support TB - no requirement for group think. The problem with TB is that it’s difficult to defend him because he’s not good.

Bridgewater is lucky he has Fangio to keep him as the starter no matter how poorly he plays. He should have been benched for that lame no-tackle. But it’s only served to reinforce both Fangio and Bridgewater need to go.

Comment

Sutton has clout, TB doesn’t. Sutton is a player the team needs, TB isn’t.
            Makes no sense. A starting QB has no clout, but a fairly young WR does.

Comment

I also agree with you here. Nobody should be spared.

I think we know however, that Teddy's next pic, or errant throw, and it's go time.

Not surprisingly, and I've mentioned several times, while Bolles was continually being called out by some fans here, he was transitioning into an All-Pro Left Tackle....one of the most elite positions n the game, given the tendency to select the same well-respected players for long periods of time. But many missed the train, because instead of witnessing his fabulous achievement, they were too busy waiting for his next hold......

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Makes no sense. A starting QB has no clout, but a fairly young WR does.

Nope. Do you think QBs like a Kyle Orton, or Trevor Seimian have clout? TB doesn’t have clout cause he’s easily replaced. Nothing is essentially lost if he gets hurt. A fairly young star of the team wr does have clout.

Comment

The QB is mediocre at best and the team reflects it.

Comment

Nope. Do you think QBs like a Kyle Orton, or Trevor Seimian have clout? TB doesn’t have clout cause he’s easily replaced. Nothing is essentially lost if he gets hurt. A fairly young star of the team wr does have clout.
                    If TB had clout the Panthers would have kept him and extended his contract. Instead the Panthers paid money to send him to another team.

CLOUT

Comment

Nope..........

Teams do not look at starters as expendable, and certainly not QBs.

Even if some fans think TB is expendable.

Comment

The QB is mediocre at best and the team reflects it.
                        Geez, according to you our QB is very influential. He apparently controls how the rest of the team looks.

Keep spinnin'

Comment

• I still wondering why anyone would defend a Qb who has won 3 more games than he has lost for his year career. A qb who has one playoff appearance in his 7 years of playing in the NFL and lost without throwing a TD. HIs 70% completion percentage seems good in the playoffs until you realize it only got 146 yards.

Guess what can be done several times in Teddy's career? You take away his 2 longest completions of that playoff game and he is 15 for 22 for 102 yards. That is Teddy in a nutshell. Gets good completion percentage but does not really go any where.

Why people defend this Qb...no clue
                          Lets Ride!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                            I still wondering why anyone would defend a Qb who has won 3 more games than he has lost for his year career. A qb who has one playoff appearance in his 7 years of playing in the NFL and lost without throwing a TD. HIs 70% completion percentage seems good in the playoffs until you realize it only got 146 yards.

Guess what can be done several times in Teddy's career? You take away his 2 longest completions of that playoff game and he is 15 for 22 for 102 yards. That is Teddy in a nutshell. Gets good completion percentage but does not really go any where.

Why people defend this Qb...no clue
                            Simply put the other QB options we have, had less success or is considered a better future coach than passer. It not quantum physics.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmz313 View Post

Simply put the other QB options we have, had less success or is considered a better future coach than passer. It not quantum physics.
                              Drew Lock has won more games for Denver than Teddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by atwaterandstir

I'm sure the locker room had plenty to say. Maybe some more than others, but as competitors go it's too hard to stay quiet after something like that. Even Patrick Mahomes threw himself at the tackle after an INT on Sunday. QBs are told to be smart and protective, but sometimes the play comes at you. I have never seen somebody run/step away like that.
                                If Drew Lock is smart he should be the most vocal about it and how that will never happen with him. He can make a move toward a real leadership position if he puts his money where his mouth is- so to speak. That has to be one of the toughest plays for him to watch.

I'm not going to assume we get the same effort again from TB though. He has got to realize that he has one shot to change that narrative so I am hoping we get a far more aggressive QB. If not, it's lights out on another starting gig anywhere.

Maybe I'm just hopelessly wanting, but I believe that play could act as a huge wake up call to Teddy.
                                Two things.

One, I doubt Lock is saying much of anything. Excessively calling out Bridgewater would be a negative and just make him look bad as a leader IMO. Other players can show disdain but Lock would just look whiny and unprofessional IMO.

Two. An “aggressive Bridgewater” is not who he is. Just not his nature or style of play. Likely would just be a turnover machine and counter productive to the team

Comment

Working...
                                X