Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

Two things.

One, I doubt Lock is saying much of anything. Excessively calling out Bridgewater would be a negative and just make him look bad as a leader IMO. Other players can show disdain but Lock would just look whiny and unprofessional IMO.

Two. An “aggressive Bridgewater” is not who he is. Just not his nature or style of play. Likely would just be a turnover machine and counter productive to the team
    From the reports around Lock he didn't understand the benching and still feels he is the best for the team.
    If he truly believes that, he will absolutely be vocal about it. That doesn't mean creating tension or drama, it simply means holding the guy in front of him accountable.

As for aggressive Teddy- your absolutely right....I have no reason to believe he would change. I just expect the competitor in him to show after the embarrassing play he made. It's only natural to want prove your worst moment isn't who you are, so I do expect a different TB on Sunday...not a permanent change, but one determined to win. I am just hoping that doesn't translate to turnover Teddy
    Last edited by atwaterandstir; 11-23-2021, 10:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

Drew Lock has won more games for Denver than Teddy.
      and lost twice as many more, right? 5-5 is better than 8-11, yes?

Comment

• Originally posted by jmz313 View Post

and lost twice as many more, right? 5-5 is better than 8-11, yes?
        Isn’t it 8-10? Coming in at half time for an injured Teddy doesn’t go against Lock. I don’t think Lock has actually started a game this season.

I know it’s nitpicking, but sometimes nitpicking is necessary.
        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
        You Mad Bro?
        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post

Isn’t it 8-10? Coming in at half time for an injured Teddy doesn’t go against Lock. I don’t think Lock has actually started a game this season.

I know it’s nitpicking, but sometimes nitpicking is necessary.
          I just went by memory, either way is splitting hairs. Lock can share that loss though as far as i'm concerned as he looked like he didn't know he was still an NFL QB.

Regardless there's no validating Drew Lock on paper using TeddyB.

Comment

I just went by memory, either way is splitting hairs. Lock can share that loss though as far as i'm concerned as he looked like he didn't know he was still an NFL QB.

I would still take Lock over Teddy.

Going with Teddy means accepting mediocrity.

Lock represents upside. He needs 12 more starts to be fairly evaluated. Unfortunately for him, the Broncos clearly have the wrong coaching staff to make that evaluation.
            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
            You Mad Bro?
            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Nobody would look like an nfl QB coming off the bench

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

Drew Lock has won more games for Denver than Teddy.
                I think you have used that reference before. It has almost no bearing in the TB can't tackle domain. Nor does it mean anything without loads of analysis. But hey, keep using it.

I will agree, Lock's first season was good, given he was a rook. But we were counting on him to progress from there.

But just to try to understand...Lock has started 18 games for us. So far we've played 10 games this season. Are you saying that any QB we would have started other than Lock is expected to win more games, even though they had 8 less chances?

Hmmmm....not really fair if you ask me.
                Last edited by CanDB; 11-23-2021, 11:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post

I would still take Lock over Teddy.

Going with Teddy means accepting mediocrity.

Lock represents upside. He needs 12 more starts to be fairly evaluated. Unfortunately for him, the Broncos clearly have the wrong coaching staff to make that evaluation.
                  You can but don't try to justify it on paper or it doesn't work. I get it... I still think AJ McCarron could be a viable NFL starter but I'm not gonna try and convince people of that with a couple games worth of stats.

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus View Post

Nobody would look like an NFL QB coming off the bench
                    It happens all the time.

I'm not saying its the deal breaker but that performance from a guy that has started 13 game in that system was below average. But, his 13 starts with Shurmur were also below average.

Comment

You can but don't try to justify it on paper or it doesn't work. I get it... I still think AJ McCarron could be a viable NFL starter but I'm not gonna try and convince people of that with a couple games worth of stats.
                      That’s the thing about football. Stats don’t tell the whole story. The eye test matters. I think there are plenty of players, especially quarterbacks, who could have been good if given the opportunity and a commitment from the coaches. If the Broncos had a competent coaching staff, I think Lock could be a good quarterback.
                      You Mad Bro?
                      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus View Post

Nobody would look like an nfl QB coming off the bench
                        Remember when Matt Moore came off the bench to smoke the Broncos 30-6 on Monday Night Football? Moore was coaching high school football a week before that game. Lol

https://twitter.com/arrowheadpride/s...001202176?s=21

I’d put money on Moore beating Teddy if they played.

Comment

• This won't win any popularity here (other than maybe a few), but Gregg Rosenthal of NFL.com ranked TB 16th on his QB index, going into week 11. I am not saying that's good, or that Rosenthal's index is totally valid, but if so, we could have it a lot worse.

In another ranking, TB is 19th. Not terrible.

I will keep looking.....

(Note: no animals were harmed in the making of this post, and the poster is an old fart....who did not want TB to become our starter this past offseason)
                          Last edited by CanDB; 11-23-2021, 12:36 PM.

Comment

• I also see that CBSSports has TB as the 16th ranked QB for week 12. Nothing special, but again, not terrible.

Haha....with all the flack, I would love to see TB get another opportunity to chase someone down (though that would mean trouble for us), because I have a hunch he'd do anything to make a play next time.

Comment

It happens all the time.

I'm not saying its the deal breaker but that performance from a guy that has started 13 game in that system was below average. But, his 13 starts with Shurmur were also below average.
                              It doesn’t happen all the time and they don’t look good either coming in the middle of a game with no reps with the starters or game plan geared around a different QB. You might want to learn more about game planning and game prep.

Comment

• Hopefully TB has a good game this weekend, and the Broncos Win!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X