No announcement yet.

Teddy - He can't tackle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As anyone looked at the effort made by Gordon after his fumble? I'd be interested if he gave his all, or just stood there watching, or something in between.. just asking

Comment

• Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post
      As anyone looked at the effort made by Gordon after his fumble? I'd be interested if he gave his all, or just stood there watching, or something in between.. just asking
      Gordon was chasing down the player. Whatever Teddy thinks he was doing he was actually getting in Gordon's way more than doing anything to the ball carrier.

There is an angle not showed on TV that makes this even more clear.
      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

Drew Lock has won more games for Denver than Teddy.
        Teddy - 5-5 after 59 career starts
        Lock - 8-10 and that is all his career starts.

Teddy has reached his peak. There is no doubt he is not getting better. He is not even the Qb I thought he was as he is one of the worst in the NFL in terms of time it takes him to throw the ball. 29 QBs have a better time to throw than Teddy with 100 passing attempts or more. Colt McCoy would make it 30 but he has 90 pass attempts.

What happened to the short passing QB who made quick decisions and got rid of the ball quickly we were all sold on?
        Hadez
        Football Immortal
        Last edited by Hadez; 11-24-2021, 06:15 AM.
        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Teddy - 5-5 after 59 career starts
          Lock - 8-10 and that is all his career starts.

Teddy has reached his peak. There is no doubt he is not getting better. He is not even the Qb I thought he was as he is one of the worst in the NFL in terms of time it takes him to throw the ball. 29 QBs have a better time to throw than Teddy with 100 passing attempts or more. Colt McCoy would make it 30 but he has 90 pass attempts.

What happened to the short passing QB who made quick decisions and got rid of the ball quickly we were all sold on?
          Since Teddy hasn’t played out the season and Lock isn’t playing with this roster, let’s look at two seasons:

Lock: 8-10, .444 winning% (8/18)

Bridgewater: 9-16, .360 winning% (9/25)

Here’s a guy with 7 years in the league and his winning% is less than Lock over the last two seasons played.

I’m not pointing this out as a defender of Lock.

Comment

Since Teddy hasn’t played out the season and Lock isn’t playing with this roster, let’s look at two seasons:

Here’s a guy with 7 years in the league and his winning% is less than Lock over the last two seasons played.

I see what you saying.

Personally I do not think either qb has earned the right to be defended by fans.

I am willing to give a new player the benefit of a doubt when they join the team. Teddy has been worse than I thought he could be with the Broncos. It is easy to see why Carolina paying him more than we are to not be on their team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

I see what you saying.

Personally I do not think either qb has earned the right to be defended by fans.

I am willing to give a new player the benefit of a doubt when they join the team. Teddy has been worse than I thought he could be with the Broncos. It is easy to see why Carolina paying him more than we are to not be on their team.
              I’m hoping both aren’t on the roster in 2022.

Comment

I’m hoping both aren’t on the roster in 2022.
                There is not one QB on the roster anyone will miss...

If the FO doesn't go all out on an elite signal caller after paying all the WR's it was all for naught...
                [sigpic

Comment

Again, what's your point? First you say Lock has more wins than Bridgewater in Denver, even though he has played 8 more games, now you are comparing records with other teams. You are opening this up to a complex number of possible comparisons, and at some point it becomes futile.

But seeing as you want so badly to make Lock to be the better QB, here's a short perspective on Bridgewater:
                  - 2014 Pepsi Rookie Of The Year
                  - 2014 All Rookie Team
                  - 2015 Pro Bowl
                  - 2016 (August) Bridgewater suffers horrendous leg injury, which includes a recovery time of 19 months
                  - 2019 Bridgewater has a fabulous stint while Brees recovers from injury, from game 2 thru 8 of the season.
                  - 2020 Art Rooney Award winner
                  - Career Pass Rate of 91.1. Not the be all end all measurement, but even the so called GOAT - Tom Brady, has a better but not way better rate of 97.6

Good for him! There was danger he'd lose his leg after just 2 seasons as a pro. Remarkable comeback! Folks can call him out, but I still like the man.
                  CanDB
                  Football Immortal
                  Last edited by CanDB; 11-24-2021, 01:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post

There is not one QB on the roster anyone will miss...

If the FO doesn't go all out on an elite signal caller after paying all the WR's it was all for naught...
                    Hopefully TB is the last journeyman vet for a long time.

Comment

• Thread cleaned and title changed. I let the title stay for awhile because I know people need to vent, but derogatory nicknames for current players is against the CoC.
                      Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Teddy Bridgewater made a business decision to not put effort into making a tackle. What he did cannot be credibly defended by anyone. Doesn’t matter what happened before he failed to make an effort. Doesn’t matter what 10 other guys did or didn’t do with respect to Teddy.

Teddy initially tried to make ridiculous excuses about cutting off Slay to the sideline. Only after it became impossible to deny his lack of effort did he admit his poor effort. Dozens of players including former Broncos called him out. That play gave a window into his attitude about playing in Denver - it shows in his lackluster play. Not being benched for that total lack of effort sums up the entire Fangio era - death by inches.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                          Thread cleaned and title changed. I let the title stay for awhile because I know people need to vent, but derogatory nicknames for current players is against the CoC.
                          Thanks for being understanding. In hindsight, the derogatory nickname wasn't the classiest way to go about venting my frustrations. I never expected this thread to take off like it has, but it has been a pleasant surprise to see everyone's opinions. Though I haven't posted on this thread beyond my original post, I read everyone's responses and justifications for why they hold a certain opinion.

Comment

• I'll agree on what the title said.....Teddy can't tackle.

I wish he had shown much more effort but he didn't. And it does matter that many QBs have looked foolish over the years, pretending to get involved but shying away. I've shown some clips. But apparently folks think we can't mention Brady or almost anyone else but Bridgewater. I get it. The best QBs have to be protected. But lesser QBs are not exactly chopped liver. And in this case it wasn't bad throw....our RB fumbled it on a key play. And I ask again, where were the other 10 guys, given the return took a while to get going?

I will continue to believe it was the so called silver bullet (that doesn't exist) for those who can't wait to rid ourselves of Mr. Bridgewater. I still respect all that he's been through. It takes guts and perseverance to suffer a damaging injury just after 2 good years into your career, in the most important position in sports. Just when you were being acknowledged for your performances, and for the future you would likely have.

And it took him close to 2 years to recover, and who knows how long after to trust his body. I still flinch a little if someone/something hits my once fully broken leg. That occurred about 40 years ago.

I hope Teddy wins this weekend. And as I have expressed elsewhere, if he does not do well this week, we gotta look at playing Lock. In fairness, if he does well but we lose, it's not quite the same take that I have, given the decision-makers have kept him this long.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                              I'll agree on what the title said.....Teddy can't tackle.

I wish he had shown much more effort but he didn't. And it does matter that many QBs have looked foolish over the years, pretending to get involved but shying away. I've shown some clips. But apparently folks think we can't mention Brady or almost anyone else but Bridgewater. I get it. The best QBs have to be protected. But lesser QBs are not exactly chopped liver. And in this case it wasn't bad throw....our RB fumbled it on a key play. And I ask again, where were the other 10 guys, given the return took a while to get going?

I will continue to believe it was the so called silver bullet (that doesn't exist) for those who can't wait to rid ourselves of Mr. Bridgewater. I still respect all that he's been through. It takes guts and perseverance to suffer a damaging injury just after 2 good years into your career, in the most important position in sports. Just when you were being acknowledged for your performances, and for the future you would likely have.

And it took him close to 2 years to recover, and who knows how long after to trust his body. I still flinch a little if someone/something hits my once fully broken leg. That occurred about 40 years ago.

I hope Teddy wins this weekend. And as I have expressed elsewhere, if he does not do well this week, we gotta look at playing Lock. In fairness, if he does well but we lose, it's not quite the same take that I have, given the decision-makers have kept him this long.
                              Elite QBs have clout and aren’t expected to risk an entire season on a tackle. You seem to be ignorant of that fact.

Comment

• One thing about this infamous play that I don't think has been mentioned, is in Darius Slay's post conference interview after that game he mentioned he spoke with Teddy after the game and joked and asked Teddy, "Why didn't you tackle me?" and Teddy said, according to Slay, "Slay, you know I can't tackle you."

I know football is just a game, but that lighthearted response irked me. "Slay, you know I can't tackle you." Really? You can't tackle him why?

Comment

Working...
                                X