No announcement yet.

Teddy - He can't tackle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are there still people defending Teddy?

The game was not over. He should have made an effort.

It’s not debatable.
    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
    You Mad Bro?
    Don’t Be A Mean Girl
    Hell No!!! To the Texans Quarterback!!!

Comment

• Well I think I figured it out now...it's all about having the last word........ some people just have to do it
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

No, that play happened at the end of the 3rd qtr. If Teddy would have helped tackle it gives the defense a chance to make a stop. It was only 20-13 at that point with the entire 4th qtr to play. Hold to a FG or get a turnover. Even with a FG you have a better chance to tie the game being down 23-13.

Quarterbacks have to lead and Bridgewater failed big on that play. Once again, saying the game was over at that point provides cover for Teddy. The entire 4th qtr was left. But once he threw in the towel on that non-tackle his lack of action told the rest of the team to quit.
        Yeah, I'm the last person who's going to provide cover for T2Y. But for all of my complaints about him a wiff on a tackle he probably couldn't have made, or even made a difference on, is way down on the list. Given their position, the best Teddy could have done is throw himself a Slay's feet, and it's unlikely he would have gotten there given Slay's angle.

I agree that Teddy should have made the effort, but it would have been largely symbolic.

The game was over the second Gordon fumbled the ball. Going for it on 4th down, with a full quarter to play, and with the team within gimme FG range showed our desperation. The fumble is the worst part of that play, not a phantom tackle that probably wouldn't have made any difference.
        Bring Back ORANGE Sunday!!!

Tim Tebow combines the intensity of Ray Lewis with the throwing ability of... Ray Lewis.

"It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word."-Andrew Jackson

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
          Well I think I figured it out now...it's all about having the last word........ some people just have to do it
          Okay, then let me have it.

(hmmm....maybe this will finally end this thing)

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Okay, then let me have it.

(hmmm....maybe this will finally end this thing)

Good Luck
            Bring Back ORANGE Sunday!!!

Tim Tebow combines the intensity of Ray Lewis with the throwing ability of... Ray Lewis.

"It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word."-Andrew Jackson

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by broncojuan View Post

Good Luck

Click image for larger version

Name:	selective-focus-businessman-working-laptop-looking-sand-clock-struggling-to-meet-deadlines-selective-focus-118811144.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	8385735

Comment

• Originally posted by broncojuan View Post

Yeah, I'm the last person who's going to provide cover for T2Y. But for all of my complaints about him a wiff on a tackle he probably couldn't have made, or even made a difference on, is way down on the list. Given their position, the best Teddy could have done is throw himself a Slay's feet, and it's unlikely he would have gotten there given Slay's angle.

I agree that Teddy should have made the effort, but it would have been largely symbolic.

The game was over the second Gordon fumbled the ball. Going for it on 4th down, with a full quarter to play, and with the team within gimme FG range showed our desperation. The fumble is the worst part of that play, not a phantom tackle that probably wouldn't have made any difference.
                Game was far from over with the entire 4th qtr left. Teddy’s lack of effort is worse than the fumble because it was a choice. Leadership is the most important quality of a quarterback and Bridgewater failed the test. He literally chose to not make an effort.

A fumble is bad however how you respond makes all the difference. When Bridgewater gave up he signaled to the entire team it was time to quit. Make a stop there and give your defense a chance to make a turnover or hold the Eagles to a FG. Better chance of a tie with needing only a TD and FG.

Your comment that “it probably wouldn’t have made a difference” is completely wrong - it did make a difference. Bridgewater’s lack of effort told the team he’s not a leader and cannot be trusted to step up. It gave the Eagles a TD without giving the defense a chance to make a stop or cause a turnover. The lack of effort by Bridgewater told his teammates he doesn’t care about winning.

Comment

• It's Thanksgiving. At the end of the day, I would like to be able to say "I am thankful for all the members of the MB for being mature adults and how they show respect for each other."

Unfortunately, I am not seeing that right now.

EDIT: I would really rather not IP anyone. I will, though, even if it is Thanksgiving.
                  Last edited by Peanut; 11-25-2021, 01:08 PM.
                  Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                    Why are there still people defending Teddy?

The game was not over. He should have made an effort.

It’s not debatable.
                    Teddy said "it's over" as he nodded his head as he went by.

Comment

• Teddy still sucks. Baker Mayfield anyone?

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMax View Post

Teddy said "it's over" as he nodded his head as he went by.
                        Unfortunately, that’s what his actions indicated.

Too bad people want to give him a pass. The Broncos aren’t so good that they can just let a touchdown happen and overcome it later in the game. This is especially true when it puts them down by two scores.
                        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                        You Mad Bro?
                        Don’t Be A Mean Girl
                        Hell No!!! To the Texans Quarterback!!!

Comment

Game was far from over with the entire 4th qtr left. Teddy’s lack of effort is worse than the fumble because it was a choice. Leadership is the most important quality of a quarterback and Bridgewater failed the test. He literally chose to not make an effort.

A fumble is bad however how you respond makes all the difference. When Bridgewater gave up he signaled to the entire team it was time to quit. Make a stop there and give your defense a chance to make a turnover or hold the Eagles to a FG. Better chance of a tie with needing only a TD and FG.

Your comment that “it probably wouldn’t have made a difference” is completely wrong - it did make a difference. Bridgewater’s lack of effort told the team he’s not a leader and cannot be trusted to step up. It gave the Eagles a TD without giving the defense a chance to make a stop or cause a turnover. The lack of effort by Bridgewater told his teammates he doesn’t care about winning.
                          Plus, the Broncos seem to come alive offensively in the fourth quarter. We probably could have won that game. PROBABLY.
                          Teddy missed a valuable opportunity to gain even more respect from the defense. Sadly, I think he lost their respect completely.

Comment

• Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post

Plus, the Broncos seem to come alive offensively in the fourth quarter. We probably could have won that game. PROBABLY.
                            Teddy missed a valuable opportunity to gain even more respect from the defense. Sadly, I think he lost their respect completely.
                            Yes if he would have lowered his shoulder and put a big hit on Slay that might fire up the team to rally behind him.

A team’s season can swing on a play/game. I remember a few weeks ago Mahomes and the Chiefs were struggling. Mahomes kept fighting and they scraped out a win. I said at the time that game would return the momentum back to the Chiefs - sure enough that’s what happened.

Bridgewater has a chance to earn back respect this Sunday if he plays well and fights the entire game. I had the Broncos at 9-8 with a 2 game swing (to the down side). It’s looking like a 7-10 season and I would be happy to be wrong if they can turn things around.

Comment

Yes if he would have lowered his shoulder and put a big hit on Slay that might fire up the team to rally behind him.

A team’s season can swing on a play/game. I remember a few weeks ago Mahomes and the Chiefs were struggling. Mahomes kept fighting and they scraped out a win. I said at the time that game would return the momentum back to the Chiefs - sure enough that’s what happened.

Bridgewater has a chance to earn back respect this Sunday if he plays well and fights the entire game. I had the Broncos at 9-8 with a 2 game swing (to the down side). It’s looking like a 7-10 season and I would be happy to be wrong if they can turn things around.
                              Tebow would have destroyed Slay.
                              Did you notice Manning made the tackle with his left shoulder? Talk about self-awareness!
                              Whereas Teddy was like, "I don't get paid to tackle."

Comment

• How about I have the last word.

Thread closed for now.

Have a turkey to take care of.

EDIT: If certain people take the argument to other threads, those threads will be closed, too. And those certain people can expect IPs.
                                Last edited by Peanut; 11-25-2021, 01:52 PM.
                                Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Working...
                                X