Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teddy - He can't tackle

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    Vic Fangio lied for Teddy today. They're best good friends.
    Why does that not surprise me?

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post

      Please tell me you aren't trying to defend his actions or should I say lack of action
      Teddy isn't built like Cam Newton, fact is he's fragile. The hand off was good, up to the RB to hold on to the Damn ball!

      Bad things happen when offensive players turn into defenders, ended TD's career for those with short memories...

      Not defending anyone, just putting the blame where it belongs. Defense got us the ball, completely flipped the momentum, then butterfingers fumbles away the tying score.

      It's not Teddy's fault the rest of the team (the speedy ones) thought the play was dead. I believe the term is "play to the whistle."

      [sigpic

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        Teddy looked terrible, but that whole play was terrible. Not defending him, because it looked bad, but many other QBs have faked interest in tackling. Yes, some of the best. There is some truth in the fact you do not want your starter to risk injury, but I am not using that as an excuse. But lets not forget how many Broncos messed up that one play.
        TB wasn’t in a situation where he had to make a Atwater/Okoye type play. All he had to do was give a push and Slay likely loses his balance and falls. Rex Ryan came out and said he’d bench him even though he hates Drew Lock.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Locutus View Post

          TB wasn’t in a situation where he had to make a Atwater/Okoye type play. All he had to do was give a push and Slay likely loses his balance and falls. Rex Ryan came out and said he’d bench him even though he hates Drew Lock.
          Like I said, I've seen QBs over the decades look pretty wimpy. Laughable in fact.

          Are you ok with the other 10 guys on the field on that play?

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by CanDB View Post

            Like I said, I've seen QBs over the decades look pretty wimpy. Laughable in fact.

            Are you ok with the other 10 guys on the field on that play?
            Different circumstances. Those other QBs weren’t in a situation,like TB,to make a play. TB doesn’t have the clout to act as if he’s too good too get his hands dirty.

            Comment


            • #21
              We were assured Bridgewater was a leader according to some fans. Intangibles and all.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Locutus View Post

                Different circumstances. Those other QBs weren’t in a situation,like TB,to make a play. TB doesn’t have the clout to act as if he’s too good too get his hands dirty.
                What circumstances are you talking about? What are you even comparing? I've seen tons of sad attempts by QBs over the decades, and a number of them were lousy and/or funny to watch.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Teddy didn't want to risk injury, and I can understand it. He almost lost his career due to a past injury. On the other hand, he's supposed to be a leader and the leader sets the tone. I think the inconsistency of the team is a reflection of the coaches who won't hold players accountable and players who don't feel they need to show up for every play. I always go back to Tebow as a player who didn't have the refined skills of a Bridgewater, but he laid it all out on the field and fought for every yard, on every play and the team fed off of that. Teddy doesn't inspire anyone and it shows.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                    But lets not forget how many Broncos messed up that one play.
                    Melvin Gordon may have well made the tackle on his own fumble if Teddy doesn't flounder around, drop his arms and get in his way. Gordon totally got squeazed between a blocker and Teddy and ended up going to the turf, in part because Teddy just decided to become a void in space and a roadblock to making the tackle. He didn't just give up, but he also got in the way. A tug on Slay's jersey would have been all that it would have taken to allow Gordon to make that tackle.

                    For the record, Teddy Bridgewater weighs in at 215 pounds, and Darius Slay tips the scales at 190 pounds soaking wet. You mean to tell me that Teddy 2 Yards can't touch a guy who he outweighs by 25 pounds? Come on! This wasn't Ray Lewis barreling down the field.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by CheyennePress View Post

                      Melvin Gordon may have well made the tackle on his own fumble if Teddy doesn't flounder around, drop his arms and get in his way. Gordon totally got squeazed between a blocker and Teddy and ended up going to the turf, in part because Teddy just decided to become a void in space and a roadblock to making the tackle. He didn't just give up, but he also got in the way. A tug on Slay's jersey would have been all that it would have taken to allow Gordon to make that tackle.

                      For the record, Teddy Bridgewater weighs in at 215 pounds, and Darius Slay weighs in at 190 pounds. You mean to tell me that Teddy 2 Yards can't touch a guy who he outweighs by 25 pounds? Come on! This wasn't Ray Lewis barreling down the field.
                      Exactly, people are bending over backwards defending something that is indefensible.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Locutus View Post

                        Exactly, people are bending over backwards defending something that is indefensible.
                        Some people are so vested in Teddy they’ll go to the mat regardless. Some are just gaslighting.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          It took me about a minute to find these two....

                          Click image for larger version  Name:	best_nfl_week_12_gifs_patriots_qb_tom_brady_misses_tackle_on_broncos_lb_von_miller_20ba9cdd0ae38d29e8d3327400f6e586e7e154cf.gif Views:	1 Size:	1.38 MB ID:	8384484
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	tom-brady-wriggle.gif Views:	1 Size:	2.82 MB ID:	8384486

                          Wait till I look for realz....
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by CanDB; 11-15-2021, 04:02 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

                            Some people are so vested in Teddy they’ll go to the mat regardless. Some are just gaslighting.
                            Some people are so against Teddy they'll look for any reason to rip into him. FTR....those of us who like Teddy do not support that play, whatsoever. As for being quiet about it as you suggested....we're admitting it. But we don't owe you an explanation for not speaking up, when you want it.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              This isn't about Teddy being a soft QB, he is. It's about the ball getting punched out before MG even gets into the pile. It's about the rest of the team (including Teddy) standing around like the play is over.

                              We were were in a position to tie when the RB coughs it up. Momentum lost!

                              That's what this is about.
                              [sigpic

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
                                This isn't about Teddy being a soft QB, he is. It's about the ball getting punched out before MG even gets into the pile. It's about the rest of the team (including Teddy) standing around like the play is over.

                                We were were in a position to tie when the RB coughs it up. Momentum lost!

                                That's what this is about.
                                Exactly....one of the weirdest plays I've seen in a while. The fumble, then the defender making a few moves, and then suddenly has a lane. Where was everyone (other than TB) and why is the fumble not the main bumble??

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X