No announcement yet.

Teddy - He can't tackle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do not act like the bad effort on the tackle is Teddy's only problem.

We were promised a short passing pro who made quick decisions. 31 Qbs in the NFL have a quicker time to throw than Teddy. 29 if we take out the part timers McCoy (90 Attempts) and Taylor (111 attempts).

just about every straight person realizes Teddy builds stats when defenses start to play soft protecting a multi score lead.

It has been reported on Broncos Country Tonight there are routes that Teddy will not throw making it easy for defenses to defend him as they know he will not throw those routes.

The LEAST Teddy could have done was put some kind of effort into his chosen profession because he is failing in a lot of other areas.
    Lets Ride!

Comment

• Originally posted by atwaterandstir

I believe that play can turn TB around. Maybe it won't last, but I expect to see a little more aggressive play today.
      Im sure he is just as disappointed in the play and the attention it brought. I expect TB to come out ready to compete and get people talking about something else.
      A win vs the Chargers will do just that.
      Well we will definitely see if all those team leadership talks are just smoke and mirrors.

If Teddy comes out and puts down 110% effort we know he is committed. If the same Teddy comes out we know the business decision has been made to get to the end of the season healthy so he can get another QB contract imo.
      Lets Ride!

Comment

I believe that play can turn TB around. Maybe it won't last, but I expect to see a little more aggressive play today.
        Im sure he is just as disappointed in the play and the attention it brought. I expect TB to come out ready to compete and get people talking about something else.
        I've been thinking along the same lines, that when a player messes up like that they tend to try to redeem their inaction/error. Not like Teddy's going to get a lot of tackle opps, but I believe he would take some risk if he throws a pic or whatever. But yeah, good point. It's on him, and most athletes/talented folks, when given the option, will make it a priority to reverse the effort/energy/assertiveness. They typically have character and drive and determination. Not saying it will turn into a 5 TD / 400 yard game, with no pics, but it could result in a better performance overall.

Comment

• We have no leader on offense. We need a field general like Elway and Manning were.

Comment

• I dont care who the qb is at this point. We are hoping for a Wc birth but I don't know if I'd even want us to be embarrassed on the national stage. I've been saying we don't have a qb on this roster. I don't think TB deserves all the hate he's been getting. The guy has 5 wins to his name. He just came off beating DAL and laid an egg to the Eagles. It happens but it's how he responds to this which will be telling.

If you want to throw DL out there last year he was beyond awful, pick after pick, fumbles just bad qb play. Most of the fans stuck by him and said give him time, give him this, and that. Well yes, Teddy is an 8 year vet but this is his first year with this team. He still had turnover and chemistry to build. We still have the same coach in shurmur who most of you criticized because some of you felt he ruined Lock.

If you can support all the ineptitude last year with Lock thrn I believe as bad as some of you think it looks with Bridge it's been smoother football. May not be as flashy but it's been smoother sailing. I don't feel like the QB position is single handedly costing us games like last year. All in all just ride it out until the final game. Nothing will be solved this season. I'll be paying close attention to how we attack the QB position in the off-season though.
            :go:

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post
              I dont care who the qb is at this point. We are hoping for a Wc birth but I don't know if I'd even want us to be embarrassed on the national stage. I've been saying we don't have a qb on this roster. I don't think TB deserves all the hate he's been getting. The guy has 5 wins to his name. He just came off beating DAL and laid an egg to the Eagles. It happens but it's how he responds to this which will be telling.

If you want to throw DL out there last year he was beyond awful, pick after pick, fumbles just bad qb play. Most of the fans stuck by him and said give him time, give him this, and that. Well yes, Teddy is an 8 year vet but this is his first year with this team. He still had turnover and chemistry to build. We still have the same coach in shurmur who most of you criticized because some of you felt he ruined Lock.

If you can support all the ineptitude last year with Lock thrn I believe as bad as some of you think it looks with Bridge it's been smoother football. May not be as flashy but it's been smoother sailing. I don't feel like the QB position is single handedly costing us games like last year. All in all just ride it out until the final game. Nothing will be solved this season. I'll be paying close attention to how we attack the QB position in the off-season though.
              The difference between Lock and Bridgewater is that we still don’t know what Lock can be.

We know we settled for mediocrity with Bridgewater. That’s what he is.

Shurmur is a problem. He might even be a bigger problem. He seems to refuse to acknowledge that a commitment to running the ball is paramount to the success of the team.

If Shurmur would just realize it, the offense would have be more dynamic with Lock.
              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
              You Mad Bro?
              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

I don't like him but I hope that's what happens. He needs to rebound today.

I can't imagine the pressure if he doesn't.
                sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

I just want to see him make a tackle if it’s necessary.

I don’t want him making mistakes because he’s trying too hard to change the narrative about him.

Two weeks is enough for a professional athlete to get over any emotional response to a poor performance. Teddy isn’t known for being a fiery guy in the first place. I don’t see him as someone who is going to come out and play like someone with something to prove.
                  My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                  You Mad Bro?
                  Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoBreeder

This TB/DL debate is nothing compared to the Tebow/Orton debate....That was very tense.
                    While Orton and Teddy about the same I think the big difference is Tebow was still unknown in those times. He also came off the bench and helped us to a playoff win against the number 1 pass defense Steelers. Before Tebow the Broncos were tied with the Panthers for worst record in the 2 previous years. No one on the roster right now has the kind of upside.

Right now there are two things different.

1. Really no good option to argue for besides Teddy in a lot of minds.

2. Broncos seem to have lost a lot of fans on these forums.
                    Lets Ride!

Comment

• So we tell QBs to slide for safety and then roast them for not tackling a runner and risking injury. Got it.

Comment

• Originally posted by gruffmusic View Post
                        So we tell QBs to slide for safety and then roast them for not tackling a runner and risking injury. Got it.
                        Yes

We also expect them to go head first to score a touchdown or convert 3rd/4th down.

The quarterback sneak is a play that still exists.
                        Last edited by broncolee; 11-28-2021, 12:46 PM.
                        You Mad Bro?
                        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Good thing we didn’t draft Mac Jones.

Comment

• If that touchdown run and the four Chargers just saying hey we're not going to tackle this guy isn't proof that the NFL is rigged I don't know what is.
                            sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                              If that touchdown run and the four Chargers just saying hey we're not going to tackle this guy isn't proof that the NFL is rigged I don't know what is.
                              #20 looked like he wasn’t paying attention that’s for sure. I think they thought Teddy was going out of bounds.
                              You Mad Bro?
                              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Teddy can't tackle, but he did stiff arm Joey Bosa just before he threw a TD.
                                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                                X