No announcement yet.

Teddy - He can't tackle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Rbs had more yards rushing (137) today than Teddy has passing (129)

Feel good about the win but the fact remains Teddy is a bad NFL qb.
    Lets Ride!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post
      Our Rbs had more yards rushing (137) today than Teddy has passing (129)

I won’t call Teddy bad but he’s mediocre at best.

He’s not the answer for long term success but all the Lock haters can act like is all they want.

He is the best hope for this season, but not beyond that. I doubt the Broncos make the playoffs.
      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
      You Mad Bro?
      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

He only threw eighteen passes for 7.2 ypa. 7+ ypa passing is fine with me. Denver was 57% run today; run heavy. Rushing attack was 4.5 ypa. Teddy would have had more passing yards if he had played every offensive snap.
        Last edited by samparnell; 11-28-2021, 06:45 PM.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post

I won’t call Teddy bad but he’s mediocre at best.

He’s not the answer for long term success but all the Lock haters can act like is all they want.

He is the best hope for this season, but not beyond that. I doubt the Broncos make the playoffs.
          I would call teddy bad. Mediocre would imply theres about 10-15 qbs you would take teddy over. I really have trouble thinking of that many starting qbs that teddy is better than. Even the qbs that he is "probably" better than are more of an unknown so theres potential for long term success.

Teddy is a top tier backup qb.

Not sure there is much hope this season. What are we expecting a team like this to do? Superbowl? With teddy bridgewater and the offense that struggles to put up 20 points.

Comment

Well, I mean he essentially only had 2 quarters worth of snaps. also, we carried a 2 score lead for the most part. We aren't really a passing team. That's the optimal 2021 Broncos stat line for the QB position. ,

Comment

• When Drew came in I said, we're losing this game unless Teddy comes back. Drew still needs time to learn how to read a defense and understand the concept of ball security. I think Rypien needs to be #2 on the depth chart going forward. I'm sorry but that's what my eyes tell me. Teddy really does give us the best chance to win, in my humble opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoStampede View Post
                When Drew came in I said, we're losing this game unless Teddy comes back. Drew still needs time to learn how to read a defense and understand the concept of ball security. I think Rypien needs to be #2 on the depth chart going forward. I'm sorry but that's what my eyes tell me. Teddy really does give us the best chance to win, in my humble opinion.
                Bridgewater lost 3 games this season with INTs and he turned the ball over with a fumble in one of those games. Teddy giving the team the best chance to win depends on whether he can stay healthy - seems fragile. He needed the defense/Surtain to spot the Broncos a pick six, another INT and a missed FG. He was quite mediocre, credit for the scamper to the pylon but that wasn’t anything exceptional.

I’m not a defender of Lock - can’t expect a guy to play perfect when he’s coming in spot situations because Teddy can’t stay on the field. Look at Herbert’s performance yesterday - you could say the same thing about him (10 INTs this season). If the Chargers operated like the Broncos they would have benched Herbert after last season and brought in a journeyman backup like Bridgewater.

Comment

• Originally posted by Starbroncs View Post

I would call teddy bad. Mediocre would imply theres about 10-15 qbs you would take teddy over. I really have trouble thinking of that many starting qbs that teddy is better than. Even the qbs that he is "probably" better than are more of an unknown so theres potential for long term success.

Not sure there is much hope this season. What are we expecting a team like this to do? Superbowl? With teddy bridgewater and the offense that struggles to put up 20 points.
                  Without Teddy, Denver loses yesterday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

Bridgewater lost 3 games this season with INTs and he turned the ball over with a fumble in one of those games. Teddy giving the team the best chance to win depends on whether he can stay healthy - seems fragile. He needed the defense/Surtain to spot the Broncos a pick six, another INT and a missed FG. He was quite mediocre, credit for the scamper to the pylon but that wasn’t anything exceptional.

I’m not a defender of Lock - can’t expect a guy to play perfect when he’s coming in spot situations because Teddy can’t stay on the field. Look at Herbert’s performance yesterday - you could say the same thing about him (10 INTs this season). If the Chargers operated like the Broncos they would have benched Herbert after last season and brought in a journeyman backup like Bridgewater.
                    That's a little extreme, don't you think - in a weird way you're comparing Lock to Herbert?

Comment

• Originally posted by Starbroncs View Post

Mediocre or average is a completely fair evaluation of where Teddy is at.

Top tier backup is not.

Where he stacks in Major QB stats -

Top 5
                      Int%

Top 10
                      Completion %

Top 15
                      Y/A
                      AY/A
                      Passer Rating

Top 20
                      Completions
                      Attempts
                      Yds
                      TD
                      TD%
                      1D
                      Y/G
                      NY/A
                      ANY/A

A lot of his 'worst' stats are volume stats, and we're specifically trying to have long drawn out run-heavy drives which keep those numbers down, and we win when we do (which is more often than not!).

If Teddy is a 'Backup' QB, then there's only ~15 starting QBs in the league, and there'd be some surprising names relegated to backup.

This team has struggled for years to find a QB who could at least keep us competitive while we search for a long term answer. We finally got a guy who really fits that spot... decent, but not great, and everyone acts as though he's a bottom-5 QB or worse, and it's just kinda silly, tbh.

You don't have to like him (not specifically just you here, Starbroncs), but at least be willing to be honest with yourself about how good he is.

The biggest issue with Teddy this year has been the sacks. That's something I'd like to see improvement from him on, and it's the often overlooked number that explains a lot of why we've struggled despite having decent production in a lot of other areas.

As beat up as our OL has been, they've been run blocking great, but take some of the blame for the sack numbers. Teddy definitely has to take a lot of the blame there as well though.

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Without Teddy, Denver loses yesterday.
                        This is only necessarily true because of how the week prior to the game and the game itself played out.

We don’t know what would have happened if Lock went into the game prepared as the starter.

I don’t think Lock is suited to be a back up. They really should make Rypien the primary back up.

This coaching staff is completely incompetent at developing a quarterback. The head coach fired the OC that had Lock playing like a potential franchise quarterback.
                        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                        You Mad Bro?
                        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

This is only necessarily true because of how the week prior to the game and the game itself played out.

We don’t know what would have happened if Lock went into the game prepared as the starter.

I don’t think Lock is suited to be a back up. They really should make Rypien the primary back up.

This coaching staff is completely incompetent at developing a quarterback. The head coach fired the OC that had Lock playing like a potential franchise quarterback.
                          I agree with you here. If Lock cant play the role of backup QB then he needs to be replaced. Sorry, but you cant have your backup QB come in for a quarter and almost lose the game for us.

Doesnt look like Lock will reach his full potential here, which is a shame, but some of that blame has to fall on him too. The coaches didnt really do him any favors, but still he got his shot last year and couldnt do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoStampede View Post

That's a little extreme, don't you think - in a weird way you're comparing Lock to Herbert?
                            You’re framing it as extreme - how so?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

You’re framing it as extreme - how so?
                              Yes, seems extreme to me to compare Lock to Herbert, they're not even close to being on the same level. If we disagree on that point, that's fine but im not going to argue with you about it. Good day sir.

Comment

So, you would have started Drew yesterday?

Comment

Working...
                                X