Teddy - He can't tackle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Starbroncs View Post

Broncos were shutout until 7:12 left in the 3rd quarter that game. Defense kinda sucked but browns still only put up 17 points. Javonte had 20 yards on just 4 carries, 5 ypc.
    TB threw for 2 TDs, as I stated. And as I stated Williams and Gordon had 38 combined rushing yards. And our D could not stop Johnson and had some difficulty with Keenum. I have been supportive of our D/Run game, but that was not their day. Not sure if you are with me on this, but it was not a TB loss, it was a total team loss. The tone was set early.

When I think about about a game, there are usually some key aspects I remember. The pick I partially remember, because all the other issues stood out much more. I felt we were beat in that game from the start, and it had less to do with TB than those other aspects I have mentioned.
    Last edited by CanDB; 12-03-2021, 08:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Starbroncs View Post

Broncos were shutout until 7:12 left in the 3rd quarter that game. Defense kinda sucked but browns still only put up 17 points. Javonte had 20 yards on just 4 carries, 5 ypc.
      And Gordon had 8 rushes for 18 yards.

Teddy was 23/33 187yds 2TD 1 INT
      Keenum was 21/33 199yds 1TD

Teddy certainly does not deserve praise for that game, but he's not calling the plays, and he's not responsible for trying to stop the other team from running all over us. We somehow managed to keep the score down, but they had nearly a 14 minute advantage in Time of Possession. D'Ernest Johnson ran at a 6.6 ypc clip on us.

This was right after losing both of our ILBs, IIRC. We seem to have been able to turn around our fortunes for that group, and I think that's a large part of our most recent success.

Comment

• Now onto an assessment of The Steelers/Raiders games....that apparently Teddy lost single handedly. So lets see, he's thrown 5 picks!!! I feel like I just proved he was not the reason we lost to Cleveland with his one pick. That leaves 4. Hmmm, Lamar threw 4 in one game. Stafford threw pick-6s in 3 straight weeks! It's all relative, especially given those 2 QBs are ranked well ahead of TB. Not to mention, we, those who try to give him support, are not raving about TB as is. We know what he has done. But to his credit, he hung in there against The Chargers, made a really hard nosed TD, and took a huge hit from behinds, but came back in, to SAVE a game. That's right, if Lock continues, we might be talking 5 and 6 right now.

Time to crawl back into my stats room and see how he lost both those games above.
        Last edited by CanDB; 12-03-2021, 10:45 AM.

Comment

• Steelers 27 - Broncos 19 (notice we lost by 8, so even had we scored on the 4th down pass attempt, we still needed a 2 pointer to tie. Therefore, the pick did not LOSE the game. It prevented us from attempting a 2 pointer to tie the game, not win the game.)

Some Stats:

Bridgewater - 24 of 38 for 288, 2 TDs/1 pick, passer rate of 92.87 (good stats)
          Williams and Gordon - 95 combined yards rushing (not very good)
          The Steelers D, one of the best when healthy, had TJ, Haden, Bush, Fitzpatrick and others, all playing.
          Harris - 122 yards rushing/1 TD and 20 yards receiving (good game)
          Ben - 253 yards passing, 2 TDs/1 pick (not a bad game but not better than TB)
          Similar to The Browns game, the opening drive was poorly defended by our boyz. Included was a 23 yarder to Claypool and a 50 yard TD to Johnson.

On the 3rd down and goal on our final drive, TB threw a nice pass to the corner of the end zone, and it appeared to be a holding call on the dback, which was not called. The commentator sounded like he thinks a flag might be coming. The pick came on 4th and goal, and it was do or die. Like I said, it was not to tie the game, but gives a chance to tie the game. At no point did that pick LOSE the game.

Overall another team loss to at that time of the year, a pretty strong Steelers team, in their house.

Comment

• The Raiders 34 Broncos 24

No doubt Teddy had a bad game, throwing 3 picks of his 5 for the entire season. He was 35 of 49 for 334 along with 3 TDs. Passer rate of 84.91, which is better than most QBs having a bad day. Better than many QBs' passer rate for the year. But sure, 3 pics are not acceptable.

On the other hand, the same theme in some ways, The D gave up another opening drive TD, culminating with a 48 yard TD to Ruggs.

Carr had a really good game, as he went 18 for 27, for 341 yards, with 2 TDs and no picks. Outstanding passer rate of 134.41.

Again, Williams and Gordon rushed for a total of 103 yards, which is ordinary.

This was not a good overall team effort again, given Carr's stats, and the fact we did not run successfully. This was not a good game for Teddy, but the passer rate suggests that many have had worse this season. Being sacked 5 times was on him and the Oline.

Comment

• Originally posted by justabroncosfan View Post
              I know, I know. Everyone is harping on this one play!

Deservedly so!

This one play deserves it's own thread.

It was that bad!

I have never been more embarrassed as a Broncos fan,

I am not watching another game the Broncos play if Teddy is the quarterback.

If I was his teammate... I would look at him with disgust.

That supreme lack of effort he showed was revolting.

For example, Simmons, Williams, Johnson (I know he's injured now) all put their body on the line, endured pain, for the common good of the team, and then your quarterback pulls that?

I wouldn't be surprised if the whole team doesn't start playing soft now.

Damn Teddy! I liked you too! Then you pulled that?

Too bad, you missed a good win on Sunday.....

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                The Raiders 34 Broncos 24

No doubt Teddy had a bad game, throwing 3 picks of his 5 for the entire season. He was 35 of 49 for 334 along with 3 TDs. Passer rate of 84.91, which is better than most QBs having a bad day. Better than many QBs' passer rate for the year. But sure, 3 pics are not acceptable.

On the other hand, the same theme in some ways, The D gave up another opening drive TD, culminating with a 48 yard TD to Ruggs.

Carr had a really good game, as he went 18 for 27, for 341 yards, with 2 TDs and no picks. Outstanding passer rate of 134.41.

Again, Williams and Gordon rushed for a total of 103 yards, which is ordinary.

This was not a good overall team effort again, given Carr's stats, and the fact we did not run successfully. This was not a good game for Teddy, but the passer rate suggests that many have had worse this season. Being sacked 5 times was on him and the Oline.
                Oh that Bridgewater fumble turnover that led to a Raiders a TD…

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

Oh that Bridgewater fumble turnover that led to a Raiders a TD…
                  This is almost impossible. You talk extensively about TB's 5 picks, and especially 3 of them that led to direct losses. So I give you arguments to support the fact that he did not LOSE at least 2 of those games. I even say he had a poor game against The Raiders, but also produce evidence that Carr was really good, and that we gave up another first drive TD...and we did not run that well. But I admit he did not have a good game. And now you are switching to fumbles. Normally that would be ok, but you keep harping on his 3 picks.

This kind of debating is futile. You keep moving the target while not even accepting some of the facts. I will repeat....The Denver Broncos collectively lost to Cleveland and Pittsburgh. And they also collectively lost against The Raiders, though admittedly, TB did not do well overall. I am not ok with the 3 picks, The picks, again, which you seem to want to debate. Which I can easily draw parallels with, with other "better" QBs. I will harp on Stafford's pick-6s for 3 straight games (which were part of their record dropping from 7 and 1 to 7 and 4), and Lamar's 4 in one game, and I am sure if I look I can find more facts about above average QBs who were detrimental to their teams, win or lose.

Not going to aim at moving targets. It's why this is frustrating for some of us, who actually find stats and facts, and then get the "look the other way" responses.
                  Last edited by CanDB; 12-03-2021, 02:42 PM.

Comment

This whole "bad interception" argument is so weak. Very few interceptions are anything but bad. Hail Mary's. Receiver messes up. Defensive player makes incredible play. But somehow Teddy's are bad. I would suggest folks watch every interception thrown this season, and in past seasons if you are bored, and tell me you did not see a bunch of bad passes by QBs not named Bridgewater.

Holy cow, Lamar threw 4 yesterday, but luckily for him, his team bailed him out. It happens. But to try to articulate that a player who throws few pics, throws bad pics, is quite the leap.

Plus the fact that turnovers are often given a cost to a team, in an average points measurement. It's not a perfect science, but it does suggest that interceptions and fumbles lost have a way of biting you in the butt. So the more you throw, the more likely they cost you.
                    Originally posted by CanDB View Post

This is almost impossible. You talk extensively about TB's 5 picks, and especially 3 of them that led to direct losses. So I give you arguments to support the fact that he did not LOSE at least 2 of those games. I even say he had a poor game against The Raiders, but also produce evidence that Carr was really good, and that we gave up another first drive TD...and we did not run that well. But I admit he did not have a good game. And now you are switching to fumbles. Normally that would be ok, but you keep harping on his 3 picks.

This kind of debating is futile. You keep moving the target while not even accepting some of the facts. I will repeat....The Denver Broncos collectively lost to Cleveland and Pittsburgh. And they also collectively lost against The Raiders, though admittedly, TB did not do well overall. I am not ok with the 3 picks, The picks, again, which you seem to want to debate. Which I can easily draw parallels with, with other "better" QBs. I will harp on Stafford's pick-6s for 3 straight games (which were part of their record dropping from 7 and 1 to 7 and 4), and Lamar's 4 in one game, and I am sure if I look I can find more facts about above average QBs who were detrimental to their teams, win or lose.

Not going to aim at moving targets. It's why this is frustrating for some of us, who actually find stats and facts, and then get the "look the other way" responses.
                    These bad interceptions!

Comment

TB threw for 2 TDs, as I stated. And as I stated Williams and Gordon had 38 combined rushing yards. And our D could not stop Johnson and had some difficulty with Keenum. I have been supportive of our D/Run game, but that was not their day. Not sure if you are with me on this, but it was not a TB loss, it was a total team loss. The tone was set early.

When I think about about a game, there are usually some key aspects I remember. The pick I partially remember, because all the other issues stood out much more. I felt we were beat in that game from the start, and it had less to do with TB than those other aspects I have mentioned.
                      I felt the same when we lost to the browns. The loss was probably mostly due to the defense, the browns had almost no starters playing and destroyed our defense.

It does further prove the point though that if our defense doesnt play great then this pathetic passing offense cant pick up the slack.

No matter how bad the game was going it was still only 17 points, and the offense had plenty of opportunities but didnt put up a single point until the game was almost over.

Teddy has never come up in clutch situations. If our gameplan is to play great defense with a strong running game and have teddy throw safe passes then yea we might be able to win some games. I feel like theres a lot of qbs who could win in that situation though, so what is it that makes teddy good at all? Teddy was just a boring qb that was kind of a bummer to watch for me and then he lost what little respect I had for him after the eagles game and his pathetic excuse.

Whats scary to me is what exactly is our plan for next year? Looks like we might have a winning record so we probably draft around the high teens at best, dont have the draft capital to move up a ton so is it just another year of TB? The idea of watching him another year makes me wanna vommit

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

These bad interceptions!

They are, though there are many reasons why an interception takes place, sometimes having nothing to do with the QB...... they happen pretty much every game, sometimes more than once, and sometimes more than once by a really good QB. Interceptions can be costly, but they do not decide every game.

Comment

Steelers 27 - Broncos 19 (notice we lost by 8, so even had we scored on the 4th down pass attempt, we still needed a 2 pointer to tie. Therefore, the pick did not LOSE the game. It prevented us from attempting a 2 pointer to tie the game, not win the game.)

Some Stats:

Bridgewater - 24 of 38 for 288, 2 TDs/1 pick, passer rate of 92.87 (good stats)
                          Williams and Gordon - 95 combined yards rushing (not very good)
                          The Steelers D, one of the best when healthy, had TJ, Haden, Bush, Fitzpatrick and others, all playing.
                          Harris - 122 yards rushing/1 TD and 20 yards receiving (good game)
                          Ben - 253 yards passing, 2 TDs/1 pick (not a bad game but not better than TB)
                          Similar to The Browns game, the opening drive was poorly defended by our boyz. Included was a 23 yarder to Claypool and a 50 yard TD to Johnson.

On the 3rd down and goal on our final drive, TB threw a nice pass to the corner of the end zone, and it appeared to be a holding call on the dback, which was not called. The commentator sounded like he thinks a flag might be coming. The pick came on 4th and goal, and it was do or die. Like I said, it was not to tie the game, but gives a chance to tie the game. At no point did that pick LOSE the game.

Overall another team loss to at that time of the year, a pretty strong Steelers team, in their house.
                          Wasn't that the game where Williams prematurely spiked the ball in the end zone, McM missed, and AJ dropped two interceptions in the hands.

Seems when we implode, we do it as a team. But yeah, Bad Teddy...
                          [sigpic

Comment

• I will give TB credit for coming back into the game last week! And that TD run he had was a thing of beauty!!!
                            Hopefully TB has a good game this week and gets the Win!!!!

Comment

• Heck of an effort there on that 2nd pick. Progress!

Comment

• LOL

Teddy……

Comment

Working...
                                X