No announcement yet.

Teddy - He can't tackle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• History repeats itself and karma put Bridgewater in another situation to show whether or not he could step up. First it was a bad decision to make that throw. Our receivers cleared out the right side of the field. Teddy was locked into that throw before the snap. He lacks field vision - all he had to do was step up and to the right and the path was there to run for a first down. Instead he threw into a wall of chaos without a good window to make the completion. At worst he takes a sack or doesn’t get the first down.

Next thing Teddy is like, “Oh no not again!” and pursued Sorenson. Imagine Teddy thinking he could get Sorenson down with turning to his side and hitting him. He should have dived at his ankles to trip him up.

The defense played a great game holding KC to 15 points and Williams did his part. Bridgewater showed once again he’s at best a backup caliber quarterback.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
      History repeats itself and karma put Bridgewater in another situation to show whether or not he could step up. First it was a bad decision to make that throw. Our receivers cleared out the right side of the field. Teddy was locked into that throw before the snap. He lacks field vision - all he had to do was step up and to the right and the path was there to run for a first down. Instead he threw into a wall of chaos without a good window to make the completion. At worst he takes a sack or doesn’t get the first down.

Next thing Teddy is like, “Oh no not again!” and pursued Sorenson. Imagine Teddy thinking he could get Sorenson down with turning to his side and hitting him. He should have dived at his ankles to trip him up.

The defense played a great game holding KC to 15 points and Williams did his part. Bridgewater showed once again he’s at best a backup caliber quarterback.
      Teddy was terrible. I hope Paton took note. I really hope he does everything in his power to upgrade our QB this off-season.

Teddy couldn't have asked for anything more last night, the defense and running game showed up.. If he can't lead us to a victory in a game like that then what's the point.

Comment

• I said it last night somewhere but will say it again...

If I was a player on defense I would take a stand and say we aren't stepping out on the field until you put someone else in at QB.

Such a waste of effort but them and not to mention our receivers just going to waste
        sigpic

Comment

• Teddy is not a legit starting QB.

Shurmur is also a bad OC. I really don’t think and QB on this roster would shine in this offense.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoStampede View Post

Teddy was terrible. I hope Paton took note. I really hope he does everything in his power to upgrade our QB this off-season.

Teddy couldn't have asked for anything more last night, the defense and running game showed up.. If he can't lead us to a victory in a game like that then what's the point.
            I would like to think Paton sees what we see. I won’t believe he’s serious until he makes the upgrade or commits to a young quarterback with high potential. Paton is subject to proving he was right to bring in Teddy which could prevent him from moving on from Teddy.

People tend to look past Teddy as a mediocre backup QB with wins like last Sunday vs Chargers. It was the defense and Surtain he took control of that game. Sure Teddy had the 11 yard TD run, but any quarterback with decent mobility could make the same play.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
              I said it last night somewhere but will say it again...

If I was a player on defense I would take a stand and say we aren't stepping out on the field until you put someone else in at QB.

Such a waste of effort but them and not to mention our receivers just going to waste
              Spot on and I had the same thought last night after the game. Other than the opening drive the defense played a heck of a good game. They kept the team in the game the entire night only to have it squandered by Teddy.

It wasn’t just the INTs and the failed tackle on Sorenson. Teddy repeatedly made bad throws - he couldn’t hit Sutton on the numbers in stride for a first down. He made another bad through to Fant which prevented him from having a chance for a solid gain. He consistently throws low or behind receivers.

The guy should be benched but Fangio will ride out the end of his head coaching career on a backup QB.

Comment

I would like to think Paton sees what we see. I won’t believe he’s serious until he makes the upgrade or commits to a young quarterback with high potential. Paton is subject to proving he was right to bring in Teddy which could prevent him from moving on from Teddy.

People tend to look past Teddy as a mediocre backup QB with wins like last Sunday vs Chargers. It was the defense and Surtain he took control of that game. Sure Teddy had the 11 yard TD run, but any quarterback with decent mobility could make the same play.
                I'm all for giving credit where credit is due, Teddy has played well at points this season. I'm also for assigning blame where blame is due, and Teddy deserves his fair share. You cant have your QB squander the game away when decent QB play arguably couldve gotten us a W last night. We will be facing tough teams like that in the stretch run and playoffs (if we somehow make it), and if Teddy plays like that, we aint going anywhere. Teddy is playing himself into a bottom tier QB, no doubt about it. That isnt good enough.

Yes we've got issues with our coaching and special teams but still, Teddy - cmon man!

Comment

Paton employed a specific strategy for this season. He brought in a steady vet QB because that’s what the coaching staff wanted.

We can debate all day long if he was the right vet QB, but he certainly fit Vic and Shurmur’s criteria.

Im expecting a full blown fire sale this offseason. Coaching staff, QB.

If Paton just sticks with this coaching staff and QB, that will be all I need to see.

I personally think he tried to give the current coaching staff what they wanted and needed to succeed. It is mediocre at best. Time to move on. New coaching staff, young promising QB and a commitment to both.
                  sigpic

Comment

• The worst part of the dink and dunk stuff is that the WRs far too often give up on the route. They get so used to being the decoy it has got to be frustrating. One pass looked particularly bad, but when you see the replay it's clear Sutton gave up on the route early.

It's plays like that one that makes me wonder how much support TB has among the WRs. Sutton has such a great ability to win 1v1 matchups and catch the "ugly" stuff but we seldom give him that chance.

Another thing I just don't understand is how Juedy and TB fail to have a great connection. Jeudy was praised for his route running ability, yet I feel we hardly see him targeted on 3rd down.

Frustrating loss, but not unexpected. We simply don't have the QB to play from behind.
                    ​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
                      The worst part of the dink and dunk stuff is that the WRs far too often give up on the route. They get so used to being the decoy it has got to be frustrating. One pass looked particularly bad, but when you see the replay it's clear Sutton gave up on the route early.

It's plays like that one that makes me wonder how much support TB has among the WRs. Sutton has such a great ability to win 1v1 matchups and catch the "ugly" stuff but we seldom give him that chance.

Another thing I just don't understand is how Juedy and TB fail to have a great connection. Jeudy was praised for his route running ability, yet I feel we hardly see him targeted on 3rd down.

Frustrating loss, but not unexpected. We simply don't have the QB to play from behind.
                      ​​​​​​
                      It's got to be frustrating for Sutton, Patrick, and Juedy to run their routes 15+ yards down field KNOWING that Teddy is just going to dump it off in the flat.

Comment

Working...
                      X