Teddy - He can't tackle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

Well there’s been a lot of Teddy explaining since I called it out. So…
    Too funny.....I think those who support their QB are also not going to give him a free pass when he really messes up. At least we are open about it. Your post was interesting, to say the least. Speaking for myself only, it was because of your "show your faces" post that I nearly did not talk about it. Seemed kind of silly.

Comment

Originally posted by Narco View Post

And when Teddy Quarterbacks 10 super bowl teams and wins 7 rings, he'll be given the option of ducking tackles as well. Until then, he's a journeyman QB that hasn't accomplished anything meaningful in his career. He needs to lead this team and set the example and the tone.
      It still does not mean that an average starter, or even a lower tier starter is expected to do things that Tom won't do. There's a pay scale, and Tom is rewarded for his production, not because he is a good tackler. Same goes for any QB. They get paid per their production, not by their physical toughness. Some are better at it, but some may take unnecessary risks as well.

In all the years of watching the game, I never thought it was a big deal when QBs stood aside, and I have a ton of it, and I have many memories of the humour of those situations. Not like, "how dude, get into the fray."

It looked bad, but it often looks bad. Cam wouldn't put his body at risk in a SB....

Click image for larger version

Name:	cam-newton-fumble-gif.gif
Views:	146
Size:	1.89 MB
ID:	8384526

Comment

If the Broncos don't care, I don't either. Playing Bridgewater again tells me they don't care about winning. On top of that, this isn't the first time this has happened. Sutton did it earlier in the year in the Raider game. We're lacking football players on this team.

Comment

Call me when the Broncos care about winning again.

Comment

Play the players that want to play football.

Comment

Let Bridgewater and Sutton go. No loss.

Comment

I can't let most of you bash teddy. The fact that most of you say Lock would have thrown his body in the mix being put in that situation is pure speculation. Does it look bad? Yes but let's not excuse the fact that this play should have never went down the way it went down. First of all Gordon needed to secure that football he's always been carefree with it at times which makes him fumble.. Second, almost all of the players broke contain and let slay get outside. With the injury rate going on and knowing we really didn't have a backup I don't blame teddy for not getting involved right there. That's a lot of traffic right there and he'd have gotten blown up. Maybe most of you want him to get injured I don't know thats speculation on my part.

Fact is we don't know what most qbs would do there but I know one thing I've seen Teddy get the crap kicked out of him but he battles. I also respect him for owning up to it today. He could sit and make an excuse but he didn't. I hear some of yall saying he don't need to be in orange and blue ever again that's just crazy talk. It all boils down to you guys still aren't over the fact that Lock is on the bench. He didn't get his chance whatever blah blah...fact is Lock let this team down last year and he didn't do his due diligence to beat out bridgewater. He had his chance to be the man just didn't seize the opportunity. He could have came in and kit that second half on fire with the Baltimore game and he was mediocre like last year.

This time last year Lock had already missed about 2 and half games had the whole covid debacle which he's back in covid protocol this year. The kid ain't the answer yall need to face it and move on. We don't have a qb on the roster and won't until vic is gone and Paton either gets his qb in FA or drafts one. Bridge and Lock are on borrowed time but I'd much rather roll with Bridge because I've seen all I needed out of Lock last year. He's not going to get us any further than what Bridgewater has. Speculation on my part but it is what it is. Lock throws a pretty spiral but it's inaccurate and most likely that same pretty spiral he throws perfectly to defenders on the other team.

Time to close the chapter on this bridge Lock thing let's move on and hope we find a true qb in the off-season neither Bridge or Lock is the answer but let's not act like Bridge ain't giving his all. It's one play but I've seen enough of Bridge that he does battle regardless of how limited his skill set is. Drew is just way to inconsistent and the coaches know they can't win with him.
                :go:

Comment

“I was hoping Teddy didn’t try to because I probably would have given him a good [stiff arm],” Slay said. “But that’s my dawg, though. Teddy’s my dude, man. Been playing against him for a long time. I went to him after the game and said, ‘Boy, you tried to tackle me?’ He said, ‘Slay, you know I can’t tackle you.’ Because I was out there rolling.”

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post

I got ya, And we pretty much don't have to worry about the playoffs thanks to losing a couple of the games we should have won this year.
                    Plays like that set the tone of the game.
                    Not just the game....plays like that tell the world ou aren't going to give that effort.

It is poison in the locker room, and just adds to the many things opposing teams can try and exploit.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                      “I was hoping Teddy didn’t try to because I probably would have given him a good [stiff arm],” Slay said. “But that’s my dawg, though. Teddy’s my dude, man. Been playing against him for a long time. I went to him after the game and said, ‘Boy, you tried to tackle me?’ He said, ‘Slay, you know I can’t tackle you.’ Because I was out there rolling.”
                      Wow, just when I thought it couldn't be worse.

​​​​​
                      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

HE>i

Comment

Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post

Not just the game....plays like that tell the world ou aren't going to give that effort.

It is poison in the locker room, and just adds to the many things opposing teams can try and exploit.
                          It screams "WE ARE A SOFT, POWDER PUFF, FOOTBALL TEAM" !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

It still does not mean that an average starter, or even a lower tier starter is expected to do things that Tom won't do. There's a pay scale, and Tom is rewarded for his production, not because he is a good tackler. Same goes for any QB. They get paid per their production, not by their physical toughness. Some are better at it, but some may take unnecessary risks as well.

In all the years of watching the game, I never thought it was a big deal when QBs stood aside, and I have a ton of it, and I have many memories of the humour of those situations. Not like, "how dude, get into the fray."

It looked bad, but it often looks bad. Cam wouldn't put his body at risk in a SB....

Click image for larger version

Name:	cam-newton-fumble-gif.gif
Views:	146
Size:	1.89 MB
ID:	8384526
                            I like how Cam gives footballs to kids. It is nice.

He courage on the field is low and plays like this proves it.1
                            Lets Ride!

Comment

Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post

He is still garbage and needs to leave Denver. He was probably already losing a lot of players in his bad QB play. Now we can add a no heart play.

The bottom line in the NFL is people with superior talent get away with things. When elite QBs make ridiculous looking tackle attempts the entire locker room laughs at them. Sometimes these elite QB lead the laughing.

When a QB is leading a bottom 10 ranked scoring offense and continuing to struggle to even make first downs game in and game out....it hurts the team when they make weak plays like this.

The taunting rules may prevent some of the things opposing teams can do but I am sure older Bronco fans remember Romo calling out Pitt QB Stewart as being a dumb qb infront of all the offense on the field and no one coming up to defend the QB. That is what happens to the team when the QB keeps doing things like that. The offense losses faith in them.

I am glad Teddy got called out in team meeting. It does not matter to me I am done with the Teddy era. Let anyone else take snaps at Qb.
                              Last edited by Hadez; 11-16-2021, 05:42 AM.
                              Lets Ride!

Comment

“But at the same time, man, it’s just … I’m right there,” Bridgewater said. “Opportunity to just dive, sacrifice, do whatever I can to help the team in that moment and I failed. And I own up to it. It’s unacceptable as a football player and a member of this team. You play this game and you lay it all on the line every weekend.

“That’s one of those moments where I just have to accept the fact that I didn’t give everything I had in me on that play. And I understand, man, there’s going to be some backlash that comes with it. I’m a grown man, I’m a professional athlete and I understand that’s what comes with that backlash and things like that. But it doesn’t define who we are as a football team, it doesn’t define me as a man and as a football player.”

Once again winning the press conference. Saying very little with a lot of words.

That's not what he was saying before he was reminded there are cameras on the field. That's not what he told Darius Slay, according to Slay.

This guy is a joke.
                                sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Working...
                                X