Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teddy - He can't tackle

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    “ Bridgewater owned his error”? So I guess all is forgiven and we move on. Oh well, things just happen!

    And we wonder why the Bronco organization has a losing culture.

    How about even a symbolic slap on the wrist by not starting him next game? A series? A play?

    Or we can just sweep the entire incident under the rug because it is uncomfortable. Broncos can just “try harder” in the coming weeks. That makes sense.

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by CanDB View Post

      If you are referring to me, well here's my response.

      1) TB looked awful.
      2) TB is not our long term starter. I was pushing for Watson and then Rodgers. And yet many here were dead against both moves, and in this case I am talking, BEFORE the Watson allegations. They can't have it both ways.
      3) Many QBs look dumb when trying to get involved. Some even get hurt, which is even dumber. Cam Newton was more worried about getting involved than winning a SB. Not that it matters, but lets just say TB's blunder was nowhere near the drama that folks seem to be stirring up over it. Gordon fumbled in a key situation, and I am not even sure how The Broncos overall allowed Slay to take it to the house. My opinion.
      4) TB owned his error, and not that it matters, but at least he did.
      5) Yes, I believe we have some issues in the overall organization.
      Wasn’t referring directly to you. In a lot of ways, though I totally agree. QBs suck at tackling for the most part and TB is still a mediocre to below average QB.

      I guess that makes it sort of pointless, doesn’t it? TB hasn’t inspired the fan base and it was an ugly play that added fuel to the fire. In the end, this team lost the game and it doesn’t seem like there’s very much enthusiasm or urgency in the locker room.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #78
        I wonder if they'll have Drew Lock show Bridgewater what to do when a defender has the ball during the bye.

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
          I wonder if they'll have Drew Lock show Bridgewater what to do when a defender has the ball during the bye.
          Difference is Drew will have thrown it to the defender so he will have a good eye on who to tackle early. Melvin Gordon must be thrilled TB didn't throw himself in there.

          Comment


          • #80
            Anyone who thinks something Brady or PM did excuses what Teddy did need to go watch the conversation with Jimmy Johnson where he is talking about releasing someone for sleeping in a team meeting and what he would do if Aikman was sleeping in a team meeting.

            Brady and PM do not NEED to make the play because they can win playoff games, Super Bowls and get consistent first downs....Teddy NEEDS to make that play because....well he can not do the things Brady and PM can. If he can NOT do those things and he is NOT willing to out the effort in than he is garbage in a team sport like football.

            Now everyone on the team is thinking why do I need to give max effort when this sub par qb who can not even get us out of the bottom 10 in scoring will not give max effort.
            Lets Ride!

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by jmz313 View Post

              Difference is Drew will have thrown it to the defender so he will have a good eye on who to tackle early. Melvin Gordon must be thrilled TB didn't throw himself in there.
              Haha.....exactly. Drew is already planning the tackle he will attempt given he knows where the defender will be when he picks it off.

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                Anyone who thinks something Brady or PM did excuses what Teddy did need to go watch the conversation with Jimmy Johnson where he is talking about releasing someone for sleeping in a team meeting and what he would do if Aikman was sleeping in a team meeting.

                Brady and PM do not NEED to make the play because they can win playoff games, Super Bowls and get consistent first downs....Teddy NEEDS to make that play because....well he can not do the things Brady and PM can. If he can NOT do those things and he is NOT willing to out the effort in than he is garbage in a team sport like football.

                Now everyone on the team is thinking why do I need to give max effort when this sub par qb who can not even get us out of the bottom 10 in scoring will not give max effort.
                I doubt any of us truly believe that Teddy is excused along with Brady and Manning and the other greats. But nowhere in the QB job description does it say, "must tackle opponents". I've seen QBs and kickers show off their physical side, and too often they get injured, which in a QB case, is not recommended.

                And you pay according to production....which is market related. Tom gets way up here, TB gets more down here. If you overpay, that's on you.

                So yeah, Tommy will never tackle again, and hardly ever did, but that's fine by me. To expect others to is kind of ironic. But if you like that sort of stuff, lets go find another Tebow. Physical as heck. Or maybe Taysom Hill. Or preferably neither.

                So yeah...Teddy looked bad. But so have so many others. But I'd blame Gordon first, and also wonder where all The Broncos were on that play, given it took a long while for Slay to get going.
                Last edited by CanDB; 11-16-2021, 09:04 AM.

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                  “ Bridgewater owned his error”? So I guess all is forgiven and we move on. Oh well, things just happen!

                  And we wonder why the Bronco organization has a losing culture.

                  How about even a symbolic slap on the wrist by not starting him next game? A series? A play?

                  Or we can just sweep the entire incident under the rug because it is uncomfortable. Broncos can just “try harder” in the coming weeks. That makes sense.
                  If you are responding to me, I did say he owned it. That does not mean anything more than what I said. It's self explanatory. Does not forgive him of his lack of effort, but it is a simple fact of what occurred. Simple comment.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by CanDB View Post

                    I doubt any of us truly believe that Teddy is excused along with Brady and Manning and the other greats. But nowhere in the QB job description does it say, "must tackle opponents". I've seen QBs and kickers show off their physical side, and too often they get injured, which in a QB case, is not recommended.

                    And you pay according to production....which is market related. Tom gets way up here, TB gets more down here. If you overpay, that's on you.

                    So yeah, Tommy will never tackle again, and hardly ever did, but that's fine by me. To expect others to is kind of ironic. But if you like that sort of stuff, lets go find another Tebow. Physical as heck. Or maybe Taysom Hill. Or preferably neither.

                    So yeah...Teddy looked bad. But so have so many others. But I'd blame Gordon first, and also wonder where all The Broncos were on that play, given it took a long while for Slay to get going.
                    Well if a qb turns around a puts a scoring drive up consistently it is forgetton their subpar effort on the tackle...like Jimmy Johnson said a lot of things are excused for those qbs.

                    That is football. HoFers talk about it.

                    Teddy....who is the qb for one of the worst 10 scoring offenses....he is not excused for bad efforts. It is why he was called out for it on the team meeting.
                    Lets Ride!

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                      “ Bridgewater owned his error”? So I guess all is forgiven and we move on. Oh well, things just happen!

                      And we wonder why the Bronco organization has a losing culture.

                      How about even a symbolic slap on the wrist by not starting him next game? A series? A play?

                      Or we can just sweep the entire incident under the rug because it is uncomfortable. Broncos can just “try harder” in the coming weeks. That makes sense.
                      He was called out for his lack of effort in a team meeting.

                      Vic will ride with his bad choices long past the time when he should learn from his mistakes and adjust.

                      Not only that Vic is fighting for his job and for whatever reason he think Teddy gives him the best chance to help this team which will save his job.

                      Nothing will be done to Teddy for this horrible effort on a game changing play.

                      It is hard for me to respect the Broncos as long as this bum Teddy is the Qb
                      Lets Ride!

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
                        So most QBs suck at tackling. So what?

                        TB is still a mediocre to below average QB. I get that HOF QBs suck at tackling too. In this case, It’s simply another example of a team that doesn’t do everything to win. I agree that a QB is usually a bad tackler. It’s the overall “meh, oh well” attitude that comes with it.

                        There’s no accountability in this organization. As a fan, it’s becoming a raw nerve. I think that play gets to some fans because it’s another example of losing play and lack of accountability.

                        Teddy is taking the fire, sure. The real issue is still the organization’s overall philosophical approach
                        Poor tackling with effort is different than zero effort and wincing in fear.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

                          Poor tackling with effort is different than zero effort and wincing in fear.
                          Agreed. I guess the play didn’t do anything to change my opinion. He’s not a good QB and I don’t particularly enjoy watching him play. I guess my point is that I don’t really care because I already think he’s a lame duck QB and I’ll be watching someone else next year anyway.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post

                            Agreed. I guess the play didn’t do anything to change my opinion. He’s not a good QB and I don’t particularly enjoy watching him play. I guess my point is that I don’t really care because I already think he’s a lame duck QB and I’ll be watching someone else next year anyway.
                            Agreed. I always saw him as a mediocre quarterback and like most journeyman backups he could occasionally flash good football. The no-tackle debacle showed in a very big way an aspect about Teddy I called out earlier in the season. Remember the Ravens game when he was sacked for a big loss in the red zone? He drifted back casually with half hearted pump fakes. Just a very casual effort. The no-tackle total lack of effort spoke volumes about his attitude. He’s just there going through the motions.
                            Last edited by Fantaztic7; 11-16-2021, 10:57 AM.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by Hadez View Post

                              Well if a qb turns around a puts a scoring drive up consistently it is forgetton their subpar effort on the tackle...like Jimmy Johnson said a lot of things are excused for those qbs.

                              That is football. HoFers talk about it.

                              Teddy....who is the qb for one of the worst 10 scoring offenses....he is not excused for bad efforts. It is why he was called out for it on the team meeting.
                              No one around here will forget TB's lack of effort on that play. Well, some folks here fore sure. But we look back and laugh at all the QB similar efforts over the years. Tommy, who is great, looks scared when he's in any danger. But he wins, gets paid for it, and we apparently can't knock him. But the lower level guy, who gets much less money and recognition, is supposed to be more physical. The dude who had an awful career-changing injury. That's a stretch. Is that the case with a potential stud rookie as well? Because Aaron Rodgers was asked what he tells rookie QBs, and he always says it's ok to slide.

                              Here's the key points.....don't fumble, and where was everyone after the fumble? Is that not a part of practice these days? They looked lost.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

                                Agreed. I always saw him as a mediocre quarterback and like most journeyman backups he could occasionally flash good football. The no-tackle debacle showed in a very big way an aspect about Teddy I called out earlier in the season. Remember the Ravens game when he was sacked for a big loss in the red zone? He drifted back casually with half hearted pump fakes. Just a very casual effort. The no-tackle total lack of effort spoke volumes about his attitude. He’s just there going through the motions.
                                It sort of feels like everyone is going through the motions. Everybody can see the writing on the wall. It just feels like everyone knows this is a lame duck situation. I don’t see much leadership or accountability or excitement or heart.

                                I actually think they want to win and there are definitely players who are giving it their all. Unfortunately, our QB and coaching staff don’t seem to have much fire IMO.
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X