Teddy - He can't tackle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

No one around here will forget TB's lack of effort on that play. Well, some folks here fore sure. But we look back and laugh at all the QB similar efforts over the years. Tommy, who is great, looks scared when he's in any danger. But he wins, gets paid for it, and we apparently can't knock him. But the lower level guy, who gets much less money and recognition, is supposed to be more physical. The dude who had an awful career-changing injury. That's a stretch. Is that the case with a potential stud rookie as well? Because Aaron Rodgers was asked what he tells rookie QBs, and he always says it's ok to slide.

Here's the key points.....don't fumble, and where was everyone after the fumble? Is that not a part of practice these days? They looked lost.
    Fumbles and ints are part of the game. Need to be able to minimize the bad play when it happens.

It looked like we had a lot of big players on the field trying to make the short yardage play. Not many of the players going to have a chance to make a play in that situation. Even more reason when someone has a chance they need to put good effort into making a tackle.
    Let's Ride!

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Fumbles and ints are part of the game. Need to be able to minimize the bad play when it happens.

It looked like we had a lot of big players on the field trying to make the short yardage play. Not many of the players going to have a chance to make a play in that situation. Even more reason when someone has a chance they need to put good effort into making a tackle.
      Again, TB failed to do his part. But turnovers are a big factor in most games. Hang on!

Comment

100% lock would have knocked that guy down. And he has brought us back from a deficit. Cannot say the same for teddy

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post

LoL! Wasn't down 2 scores, it was 20-13 at the time...so yeah, Melvin Gordon let it become 2 score game
          Fixed it for ya!

Having watched this play repeatedly, has anyone else noticed how little effort it takes to dislodge the ball on MG III"s last two fumbles?

[sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

Agreed. I always saw him as a mediocre quarterback and like most journeyman backups he could occasionally flash good football. The no-tackle debacle showed in a very big way an aspect about Teddy I called out earlier in the season. Remember the Ravens game when he was sacked for a big loss in the red zone? He drifted back casually with half hearted pump fakes. Just a very casual effort. The no-tackle total lack of effort spoke volumes about his attitude. He’s just there going through the motions.
            If you go and watch Tim Jennings breakdowns, this is the same attitude he applies to the QB position. His eyes are moving where they are coached to but he's not actually getting the information. He's just kinda going through the motions making sure nothing looks terrible on tape.

...oh, yeah... didn't Teddy touch on that? "Can't be putting bad tape out there"

​​​​​​
            sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by $Broncos$ View Post
              100% lock would have knocked that guy down. And he has brought us back from a deficit. Cannot say the same for teddy
              Such a great reason to put Drew back in....cuz we all know he would knock that guy down.

You might be correct, but he'd probably follow up with a dance.

Comment

Such a great reason to put Drew back in....cuz we all know he would knock that guy down.

You might be correct, but he'd probably follow up with a dance.
                A lot better than Teddy Garbage we are seeing week in week out. Teddy should of never been Brought to Denver EVER that is on the GM and the HC and the OC. Drew is 1000% better and we all know because we watched with our own eyes DREW BEAT OUT TEDDY in the Preseason so called QB Competition. However this lame HC and OC of ours decided Teddy is our best bet LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post

A lot better than Teddy Garbage we are seeing week in week out. Teddy should of never been Brought to Denver EVER that is on the GM and the HC and the OC. Drew is 1000% better and we all know because we watched with our own eyes DREW BEAT OUT TEDDY in the Preseason so called QB Competition. However this lame HC and OC of ours decided Teddy is our best bet LOL.
                  Oh oh....lots of capitals and large %'s.

I can see why you like Drew better.

Bridgewater (2021)
                  Passer Rate - 98.8 (better than Mahomes, Herbert, Carr, Jackson, Ryan, Tannehill and others)
                  Completion % - 69.2 (better than Brady, Rodgers, Allen, Wilson, Mahomes, Burrow, Stafford, Carr, Ryan and others)
                  Yards/Attempt - 7.4 (tied with Rodgers, and better than Mahomes, Herbert, Cousins, Ryan and others)
                  Interceptions - 5 (definitely better than average, per game)

Lock (2020)
                  Passer rate - 75.4
                  Completion % - 57.3
                  Yards/Attempt - 6.6
                  Interceptions - 15 (tied for worst)

Last edited by CanDB; 11-16-2021, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Bridgewater (2021)
                    Passer Rate - 98.8 (better than Mahomes, Herbert, Carr, Jackson, Ryan, Tannehill and others)
                    Completion % - 69.2 (better than Brady, Rodgers, Allen, Wilson, Mahomes, Burrow, Stafford, Carr, Ryan and others)
                    Yards/Attempt - 7.4 (tied with Rodgers, and better than Mahomes, Herbert, Cousins, Ryan and others)

Lock (2020)
                    Passer rate - 75.4
                    Completion % - 57.3
                    Yards/Attempt - 6.6

Garbage Padded Stats do not mean anything other than Teddy is Garbage. However we are all stuck watching him play out the year and I for one will be counting down the days till he is Finished in Denver and that I assume will be the very last game of the Year so Cheers to You my Friend !!

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Bridgewater (2021)

Lock (2020)
                      Passer rate - 75.4
                      Completion % - 57.3
                      Yards/Attempt - 6.6

And here is why stats don't tell you the full story on Bridgewater.

He's 60/89 on third down passing, 67.4% which is second in the league. That sounds pretty good, a QB who has a high completion percentage on third down, where do I sign up?

Except only 29 of those have resulted in a first down. That's second worst int he league, barely ahead of Sam Darnold.

As for all of the stats you quoted, and who they're better than, does Bridgewater's offense score more points than those QBs? And are those stats leading to the Broncos offense being better? a 67.4% completion percentage on third down is useless when you're only converting 32.6% of them into first downs.

Denver averages 20 points per game this season, last season they averaged 20.2 points per game. Denver scores touchdowns on 50% of their red zone trips this year, last year they scored TDs in 53.3% of their RZ trips. Denver's overall third down conversion rate this year is 34.65%, last year it was 38.68%

Sure Bridgewater's individual stats make it look like he's playing well, but the offense is worse this year than last year, with arguably more weapons.
                      Last edited by Butler By'Note; 11-16-2021, 03:17 PM.

Comment

• Peyton Manning did the exact same thing. Most broncos fans will remember losing Terrell Davis because of making a tackle. I would rather lose one regular season game than to lose our QB making a tackle. Live to play another day.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jmz313 View Post

Do you think John Elway dives forward into two defenders if its not the 4th Quarter of the Superbowl? He wouldn't have.
                          Actually he did that kind of thing often throughout his career. It was not an isolated occurance.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolassiter View Post
                            Peyton Manning did the exact same thing. Most broncos fans will remember losing Terrell Davis because of making a tackle. I would rather lose one regular season game than to lose our QB making a tackle. Live to play another day.
                            Actually there are several clips out there of Manning making tackles after turnovers. Including one where he cut down Calais Campbell, Campbell put it up on his twitter the day Manning announced his retirement.

I would also point out that Bridgewater isn't Manning or Brady. Those players were/are true superstars, if they were injured their teams would suffer. If Bridgewater were injured the team probably wouldn't be hurt that much. And if he's worried about suffering a career ending injury, then he probably shouldn't be on the field to begin with, because he could suffer a career ending injury on any single play. He almost had his leg amputated after a play in practice where there was zero contact at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

And here is why stats don't tell you the full story on Bridgewater.

He's 60/89 on third down passing, 67.4% which is second in the league. That sounds pretty good, a QB who has a high completion percentage on third down, where do I sign up?

Except only 29 of those have resulted in a first down. That's second worst int he league, barely ahead of Sam Darnold.

As for all of the stats you quoted, and who they're better than, does Bridgewater's offense score more points than those QBs? And are those stats leading to the Broncos offense being better? a 67.4% completion percentage on third down is useless when you're only converting 32.6% of them into first downs.

Denver averages 20 points per game this season, last season they averaged 20.2 points per game. Denver scores touchdowns on 50% of their red zone trips this year, last year they scored TDs in 53.3% of their RZ trips. Denver's overall third down conversion rate this year is 34.65%, last year it was 38.68%

Sure Bridgewater's individual stats make it look like he's playing well, but the offense is worse this year than last year, with arguably more weapons.
                              Never said he was a top performer. But stats can be used any way you want I suppose. His high level stats suggest he is not doing as badly as some here think. Another person here presented stats recently that showed he was doing better than folks think in terms of length of passes thrown, versus the concept he was more of a cautious dink and dunker.

As for comparing to last year, are you saying we were that much better? I don't see it. And don't tell me that Lock's league leading 15 interceptions, and low passer rate and completion rates don't matter, because they prevented us from doing better.

And "arguably" is not a solid argument. Jeudy has been down most of the season. Maybe our Oline has slipped a bit, So many variables. Not saying Bridgewater is wonderful, just saying he is not doing as bad as many want us to think. And of course the flubbed tackle attempt will fuel that fire for weeks, and months to come. But will folks remember who made that critical fumble?

Sure I defend him a little, not because he was my choice for QB this year. Because he was not. But neither was Lock.

Comment

• Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post

he’s a lame duck QB and I’ll be watching someone else next year anyway.
                                Unfortunately, I think there is a decent chance he is still our QB next year. I am no draft guru by any means, but all reports I have seen are that this year's qb crop isn't very good. And given the high chance that we will be drafting in the teens again any college qb that emerges as a top candidate is probably going to be long gone by then.

That leaves us with 3 options. 1) Reaching in the draft and hoping it pans out (does not seem to be Paton's mo at all), 2) making a splash in free agency....where a fair number of other teams are going to be trying to do the same thing. Chances of landing that top free agent aren't very good either. The last possibility sure seems like our own real option this upcoming offseason, and that is making the big trade. Of the 3, this is likely the most doable, particularly given the draft pick resources we will have.

The harsh reality is.......just like this year...... we may simply have no better options.
                                Last edited by MH Stampede; 11-16-2021, 03:46 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X