No announcement yet.

Teddy - He can't tackle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have just caught up on the game, and specifically this play, Jesus. I don't recall a more spinless play being made, or not made, by a Bronco in a long-time. What did our "hard-nosed, old school" coach say about it ?
    Last edited by johnlimburg; 11-16-2021, 10:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
      I have just caught up on the game, and specifically this play, Jesus. I don't recall a more spinless play being made by a Bronco in a long-time. What did our "hard-nosed, old school" coach say about it ?
      Death by inches. Everyone will compete.

Whoops.

Fangio is a fraud and Elway and Ellis are morons for getting bamboozled by this toolbag.
      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post

Death by inches. Everyone will compete.

Whoops.

Fangio is a fraud and Elway and Ellis are morons for getting bamboozled by this toolbag.
        There’s a reason Fangio wasn’t a head coach until 30 years into his career. Unfortunately Elway and Ellis couldn’t see the obvious and wasted several seasons with him.

Comment

• This is what I get when I read many of the negs who show up here....it's getting sooooooo old.

Click image for larger versionName:	tenor.gif?itemid=8718374.gifViews:	0Size:	1.89 MBID:	8384806

We need some snickers for these folks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	eat-a-snickers-gif-9.gif
Views:	73
Size:	1.69 MB
ID:	8384807
          Last edited by CanDB; 11-17-2021, 02:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
            This is what I get when I read many of the negs who show up here....it's getting sooooooo old.

Click image for larger version  Name:	tenor.gif?itemid=8718374.gif Views:	2 Size:	1.89 MB ID:	8384806
            You must like the ineptitude of the Broncos then.

Sorry, but not sorry that we have discussions, debates and opinions about a team that's been bad for 6 years and just suffered an embarrassing home loss.

Call us negative if you want but facts don't care about feelings. And the fact is this team is bad and it won't get better until drastic changes are made.

And by the way, I predicted a 6 win season before it started because the problems plaguing this team were easily predictable.

https://forums.denverbroncos.com/for...ing-our-record

Page 1, post #8.

Comment

• Defending Teddy is nonsense.

Make a play. Try to tackle the guy!!!
              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
              You Mad Bro?
              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by sra84 View Post

You must like the ineptitude of the Broncos then.

Sorry, but not sorry that we have discussions, debates and opinions about a team that's been bad for 6 years and just suffered an embarrassing home loss.

Call us negative if you want but facts don't care about feelings. And the fact is this team is bad and it won't get better until drastic changes are made.

And by the way, I predicted a 6 win season before it started because the problems plaguing this team were easily predictable.

https://forums.denverbroncos.com/for...ing-our-record

Page 1, post #8.
                Very proud of you for your prediction. Amazing......

Comment

Very proud of you for your prediction. Amazing......
                  Just pointing out the obvious since some can't see it....or just don't want to. There's a saying that the first step to fixing a problem is admitting you have one. Kind of like an intervention....it's not pleasant, it's uncomfortable and you may just not want to because it's depressing but it needs to be done. It's the only way for this team to get better.

And I'm proud of you for still trying to make gold out of bronco droppings....🙄

As for me, I'll be optimistic when this inept coaching staff is gone and we have a quarterback with a shot to be our franchise quarterback. Until then, I'm not blindly worshiping a team I know has no shot. I'll root for them to win but I won't sugar coat my criticism of any incompetence.

Comment

• Originally posted by snowman33 View Post

You brought up some great points. I wish I never had to watch Bridgewater take another snap here. He is a coward and a quitter. Not only that, he will never WIN football games for this team. He refuses to take chances which is why you see so many 1 yard passes on 3rd & 12. That's why he only has 5 picks. He won't take chances and because of that, he won't win football games for you. He will play decent football and be mediocre across the board and count on the running game and defense to win the game for him. Rodgers, Wilson, Mahomes, Carr, Brady....they take chances to try to make big plays. Say what you want about Drew Lock but he WILL take chances and he WILL try to make plays and win football games. As for me, I'd rather watch Drew throw a bad pick here and there while trying to make plays than to watch Bridgewater throw 3 yard passes all day. Here is how I sum it up:

Bridgewater: weak arm, not mobile, too conservative and won't take chances
                    Lock: strong arm, mobile, will take chances and make some mistakes trying to make plays

I'll take Lock any day of the week.

One more thing, I keep hearing about how Paton will get a QB in the off season or draft one. Is everyone forgetting that Paton is the guy who brought Bridgewater here and THAT is the reason he is starting?? I have no faith in Paton bringing a good QB to Denver or drafting one if his idea of a good QB and leader is Teddy Bridgewater, who is now on his FIFTH team.
                    Lock has heart. Teddy has no heart. That is enough reason for me to play Lock and cut Teddy from the team. Even if Lock was the inferior talented Qb I would say this.
                    Let's Ride!

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

And here is why stats don't tell you the full story on Bridgewater.

He's 60/89 on third down passing, 67.4% which is second in the league. That sounds pretty good, a QB who has a high completion percentage on third down, where do I sign up?

Except only 29 of those have resulted in a first down. That's second worst int he league, barely ahead of Sam Darnold.

As for all of the stats you quoted, and who they're better than, does Bridgewater's offense score more points than those QBs? And are those stats leading to the Broncos offense being better? a 67.4% completion percentage on third down is useless when you're only converting 32.6% of them into first downs.

Denver averages 20 points per game this season, last season they averaged 20.2 points per game. Denver scores touchdowns on 50% of their red zone trips this year, last year they scored TDs in 53.3% of their RZ trips. Denver's overall third down conversion rate this year is 34.65%, last year it was 38.68%

Sure Bridgewater's individual stats make it look like he's playing well, but the offense is worse this year than last year, with arguably more weapons.
                      It is obvious Teddy builds his stats when the defenses are playing soft to protect the lead.

Ben on Broncos Country tonight shreds Teddy in the recent Broncos youtube channel video. Apparently there is another angle on the play we all talking about that makes it look worse. Apparently another angle shows he does more to block Gordon from tackling than doing anything to slow/stop the runner.
                      Let's Ride!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Lock has heart. Teddy has no heart. That is enough reason for me to play Lock and cut Teddy from the team. Even if Lock was the inferior talented Qb I would say this.
                        Lock should start especially with the bye week. Fangio quickly dismissed the possibility - I think he’s doing it out of spite against the fan base. Fangio can’t take criticism and knows he’s likely gone after this season. He’s gonna do things his way because he knows his head coaching days are coming to an end.

Anybody but Bridgewater.

Comment

It is obvious Teddy builds his stats when the defenses are playing soft to protect the lead.

Ben on Broncos Country tonight shreds Teddy in the recent Broncos youtube channel video. Apparently there is another angle on the play we all talking about that makes it look worse. Apparently another angle shows he does more to block Gordon from tackling than doing anything to slow/stop the runner.
                          After Slay told the media Teddy let him score, I'm not surprised.

What I am surprised about is why people still think this lying, spineless, mental midget has earned a right to play.
                          sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Looked like Gordon got clocked because of Teddy shirking away.

Comment

(Bolded) You are very bright....thanks for explaining that tidbit. What was I supposed to do, not even try to counter? I thought everyone knew about Sutton and Fant. I suppose I was expected to present your side and my side. I see.

And what's so funny about defending our QB, even just a little? The best QB option we have right now. Are you defending Lock? Is he your choice?
                              Yes Lock is my choice when it comes to him and Bridgewater. Rypien is my choice when it comes to him and Bridgewater. Hinton playing QB or permanent wildcat are my choice when it comes to either them or Bridgewater.

And yes I knew your argument before you made it, so I made my point ahead of that. Bridgewater has more weapons this year than Lock did last year. Lock turned over the ball more last year and the team was still better in the red zone and on third down, and scored more points per game.

But at least we're not mathematically eliminated from the playoffs...

Comment

^^^^^Further to....

The lack of scoring seems to be a Broncos thing, since we won The SB. In fact, even that year we were not scoring much:

2015 - 22.2

2016 - 20.8

2017 - 18.1

2018 - 20.6

2019 - 17.6

2020 - 20.2

2021 - 20.0

I have long complained that we need to score more, and these stats paint a very unpleasant picture. This is not a TB problem. This may not even be a DL problem. It seems like a team problem.

That's why I was a huge advocate to go after the high level QBs that were possibly available this offseason.
                                You're right, it's a problem that exists way bigger than those two, and has been around for longer than they have. But neither of them are the solution. And there's no harm in saying that neither is the solution. The solution is the Broncos drafting and nurturing a young QB, and them hiring a coaching staff that can develop that young QB and will shift their offense to fit the strengths of that QB while he's learning, rather than trying to immediately shift that QB into their system.

As an example, I'm a big North Carolina fan, so I'm going to be a big believer in Sam Howell (I know he's polarizing and I know plenty of people don't like him and don't want him) I believe he has the chance to be a star in the NFL, but he needs a coaching staff who will develop him. So if that team wants him to start in year one that means being a heavy run team, using lots of play action, and using RPOs. And it means allowing him to dial up plenty of deep passes off of play action, he's a very good deep ball QB, use that.

If a coaching staff is willing to do that (New Orleans and Pittsburgh are two examples of staffs that would) he's going to really develop. But if the team that brings him in wants him to turn into just a pure pocket passer from day 1, it's probably going to end poorly.
                                Last edited by Butler By'Note; 11-17-2021, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X