Not The Thread For Everyone....BUT The Season Is Not Over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post

I took a sabbattical from these boards for an extended time just for that reason. I get the negativity, even agree with some of it. But the constant, non stop over the top negativity gets old.
    May I offer a different perspective. Looking at what we've seen from our team these past few years its been rough. It is in a word, sad, what we've seen happen to Mr. Bowlen's team. He clearly wanted greatness and he pushed others to strive for it. On these boards I'd like to see those complaining about the negativity to perhaps spark a different kind of dialog. As an example if you say "The Broncos are going to win and make the play-offs" well it is pretty clear that you're going to invite those that say "No..." and spew a bunch of reasons why we wont. Instead might I suggest that dialogs on here focus less on the feelings and broad statements and start to take a turn more towards on the field play and specifics. That way we can start digging deeper into our team, players, thoughts on how to play etc.

My two cents. although as a Canadian - my five cents (no more pennies).

Go Broncos!

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post

May I offer a different perspective. Looking at what we've seen from our team these past few years its been rough. It is in a word, sad, what we've seen happen to Mr. Bowlen's team. He clearly wanted greatness and he pushed others to strive for it. On these boards I'd like to see those complaining about the negativity to perhaps spark a different kind of dialog. As an example if you say "The Broncos are going to win and make the play-offs" well it is pretty clear that you're going to invite those that say "No..." and spew a bunch of reasons why we wont. Instead might I suggest that dialogs on here focus less on the feelings and broad statements and start to take a turn more towards on the field play and specifics. That way we can start digging deeper into our team, players, thoughts on how to play etc.

My two cents. although as a Canadian - my five cents (no more pennies).

Go Broncos!
      I concur in general. I do not think however that many of us are saying we are making the playoffs. Some of us say we have a shot, which is quite different. But you are correct. Lets talk about details/facts when we can.

But if I can suggest, and you may have said it, but just in case it is not clear...we should ask the neg types not to just say the same neg things over and over. Call people morons and such. That has no value in a place that is smokin hot with disappointment. It's already a tinderbox.

Comment

I always appreciate optimism. And the negativity DOES get old. It's just really really difficult to muster much hope for the remainder of the season. This team lacks so many things needed, and they continue to disappoint every time we begin to think maybe they are "getting it."

The fun part of sports, however, is that anything can happen from week to...

You know what, I can't even say that with a straight face. But, I'll be watching every week, and cheering hard for my team, no matter what.
        Geaux Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by LASERLIPS View Post
          I always appreciate optimism. And the negativity DOES get old. It's just really really difficult to muster much hope for the remainder of the season. This team lacks so many things needed, and they continue to disappoint every time we begin to think maybe they are "getting it."

You know what, I can't even say that with a straight face. But, I'll be watching every week, and cheering hard for my team, no matter what.
          Supporting a team is the triumph of hope over experience. In most cases anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by LASERLIPS View Post

It's not easy following teams, especially when they are losing or in games they are way behind in. But some of the biggest sports thrills of my life came in sports when an underdog pulled off the unthinkable, or a team/player I liked made a huge comeback. Lots of folks miss those unique moments if they look away. Heck, I know lots of people who can't watch games in their most exciting moments. Too much stress and anxiety. Yes, it's great to hear the positive outcome, but the thrill of seeing it happen is hard to appreciate until you experience it.

Having said that....yeah, I've shortened my life some, watching so many thrillers.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post

That Dallas game gave us false hope just how good this team could be
              I dont think beating the 'boys in their stadium gave us "false hope", instead I see it as "what we can be". I do think however, unless certain changes are made, that team we saw playing in dallas won't show up often.

But make no mistake, that really is the team we could be. Nothing false or hopeful about it, thats a proven fact. They have done it....now they need to make the changes so that can become the norm, not the aberration.
              Last edited by MH Stampede; 11-18-2021, 08:50 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post

I dont think beating the 'boys in their stadium gave us "false hope", instead I see it as "what we can be". I do think however, unless certain changes are made, that team we saw playing in dallas won't show up often.

But make no mistake, that really is the team we could be. Nothing false or hopeful about it, thats a proven fact. They have done it....now they need to make the changes so that can become the norm, not the aberration.
                True enough. That was us. And Dallas can tell folks what it felt like. They were lost, in their own house.

But teams must be consistent, and that's not us, yet.

Comment

Originally posted by GMTD View Post

Well said
                  sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by sra84 View Post
                    Chiefs twice
                    Chargers twice
                    Raiders (who already embarrassed us)

All 3 beat the Eagles who just punked us yesterday.

Bengals
                    Lions.

I see one more win against Detroit.

Sorry but there is no chance we win more than 6 games..unless we play a game where our opponent rests their starters. But given how close the division is, I doubt it happens.
                    They won't win against Detroit either. They played Pittsburgh tough which means they are still trying to win games whereas Denver is thinking about the offseason.....

Comment

Originally posted by darryn16 View Post

They won't win against Detroit either. They played Pittsburgh tough which means they are still trying to win games whereas Denver is thinking about the offseason.....
                      If you watched that game, neither team deserved a win or even a tie.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

If you watched that game, neither team deserved a win or even a tie.
                        True, but the main difference is that both teams were trying to win the game. Once Denver gets behind they give up and just play out the clock until next week. They literally don't have an answer when they get behind, regardless of the opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by darryn16 View Post

True, but the main difference is that both teams were trying to win the game. Once Denver gets behind they give up and just play out the clock until next week. They literally don't have an answer when they get behind, regardless of the opponent.
                          I saw the OT between Detroit and Pittsburgh....neither looked like they wanted it. In fact, last night that perspective was repeated by the TNF commentators.

BTW, Detroit is capable of winning games. If not for late FGs, in one case a record FG by Tucker and the contender Ravens, they could easily have at least 2 wins. Yes, they may be trying, but we got 5 wins. In the bag. Ready to cash in for a playoff spot if we can find ways to win some more. They do not have wins, and the Pittsburgh yawner was evidence of why they don't.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

I saw the OT between Detroit and Pittsburgh....neither looked like they wanted it. In fact, last night that perspective was repeated by the TNF commentators.

BTW, Detroit is capable of winning games. If not for late FGs, in one case a record FG by Tucker and the contender Ravens, they could easily have at least 2 wins. Yes, they may be trying, but we got 5 wins. In the bag. Ready to cash in for a playoff spot if we can find ways to win some more. They do not have wins, and the Pittsburgh yawner was evidence of why they don't.
                            I hear what you are saying. I still contend that Denver doesn't have the fight to come back in a game. Once they get behind, they simply give up.

Comment

Originally posted by GMTD View Post

Hope springs eternal.

Comment

If we didn’t have Fangio, Schumer and Bridgewater I could buy in. Remember 2011! But, not with that triumvirate. We may win 2 more games.

Comment

Working...
                                X