Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Justin Simmons - The New Face Of The Franchise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmmm...zero responses regarding a fabulous Bronco. Not surprised.

Comment

Javonte Williams could emerge as the guy. 514 yards on 103 carries. He could have easily got to 1000 yards and still could get there. Dude represents everything a lot of the roster is lacking.

Comment

CanDB, I always appreciate your positive attitude and optimism in a world that is seriously lacking in this department. to you!!!

Simmons is a fantastic player and an even better human.

Comment

I guess you could say Simmons is the face. Easily our most accomplished player.

Would be nice if Bradley Chubb could do what we had hoped and possibly enter the discussion of face of the franchise. I really hope we switch to a 4-3 defense. I think he's best suited as a 4-3 DE.

Sutton or Jeudy could be if we had better quarterback play. Of course it depends on if we re-sign Sutton.

Javonte is a possibility for the future too. Love his physicality but worry about his longevity. Running backs have a short career in general and his style of running through tacklers, while impressive and awesome, will eventually take it's toll.

Obviously, it'd be nice to have a quarterback as the face of the franchise.

Comment

Originally posted by Tdeng88 View Post
            CanDB, I always appreciate your positive attitude and optimism in a world that is seriously lacking in this department. to you!!!

Simmons is a fantastic player and an even better human.
            Thx pal! As for Simmons, I think he exemplifies everything you want in a leader. Great guy and great player....as you say. He is so vital to our D, anchoring down the backfield. And he is widely accepted as one of the very best Safeties in the game.

Comment

With Von unfortunately being traded, I agree with you that Justin is the face of our franchise. I honestly don't think there is anyone close to him at this point. He is a fabulous ambassador for the Broncos on the field and off the field. I'm so happy we signed him to a long term deal and that is probably the best thing Paton has done since arriving in Denver.
              Proud resident of Broncos Country!!!

Comment

Originally posted by snowman33 View Post
                With Von unfortunately being traded, I agree with you that Justin is the face of our franchise. I honestly don't think there is anyone close to him at this point. He is a fabulous ambassador for the Broncos on the field and off the field. I'm so happy we signed him to a long term deal and that is probably the best thing Paton has done since arriving in Denver.
                I fully agree, he's the exact type of person you want to be the face of your franchise. He's a good player on the field (although he struggled early this year) and an even better person off the field. I would hope that they manage to find a few other players to surround him with as the faces of the franchise.

Comment

I’ve always really liked Simmons. Right now he’s basically the most accomplished mainstay player. I don’t really see any other player you could call a face of the franchise type guy.

So, yes. As of right now, Simmons is our face of the franchise player.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                    Hmmmm...zero responses regarding a fabulous Bronco. Not surprised.
                    I appreciate your ability to stay positive, I just have a difficult time finding any excitement in this franchise. It's basically a lame duck congress that doesn't put forth any effort into the future of the franchise. Outside of the one guy who may have a job next year, Paton.

My apathy is bordering on disdain and complete disengagement from the NFL.

Comment

Simmons didn't start out a superstar, but he learned how to be an All-Pro type player. There might be a few other guys who in time will be franchise type players too. Maybe in a year or two an unquestioned leader will pop up on the Offensive side of the ball as well.

Comment

After we all seen Von Leave I was thinking who is going to Step Up and in that Dallas Game it appears that was and is Justin's Team !! I saw him setting the tone and being a True Leader so I 100% Agree with Can on this one Justin Simmons is the New Face !! The Best Safety In The Game Hands Down !!

Comment

If Simmons is the face of our franchise, boy we have a lack luster roster. Simmons is above average to good. I don't think he's great in any way but I guess if he keeps working hard maybe he can hit greatness here or there a few games out of the year. I just think he's a solid starter in the league. I thought long and hard about others who could be the face but unless we get a qb juedy can't be it. I think Patrick could be the face of the franchise if we had a great qb I love his game and he's a very underrated receiver. I like him over all our receivers, if im being honest. We don't necessarily have a face for our franchise though in my opinion.
                          :go:

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post
                            If Simmons is the face of our franchise, boy we have a lack luster roster. Simmons is above average to good. I don't think he's great in any way but I guess if he keeps working hard maybe he can hit greatness here or there a few games out of the year. I just think he's a solid starter in the league. I thought long and hard about others who could be the face but unless we get a qb juedy can't be it. I think Patrick could be the face of the franchise if we had a great qb I love his game and he's a very underrated receiver. I like him over all our receivers, if im being honest. We don't necessarily have a face for our franchise though in my opinion.
                            I will beg to differ. Here's one reference going into the season:

1. JUSTIN SIMMONS, DENVER BRONCOS

Maintaining high-level play in the secondary over time is an extremely difficult task, yet Simmons has had back-to-back excellent years for the Broncos. Over the last two seasons, Simmons has the No. 1 overall PFF grade at the position and is the only safety who has put up a 90.0-plus grade over that time.

The other articles I have looked at have him near the top, and he is described as "superstar" in one publication.

I know, we have our own opinions, and that's cool.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Thx pal! As for Simmons, I think he exemplifies everything you want in a leader. Great guy and great player....as you say. He is so vital to our D, anchoring down the backfield. And he is widely accepted as one of the very best Safeties in the game.
                              For me Simmons is everything you want in a player off the field. Seems to have high character, great father, pillar in the community etc. Where he loses me is the on field play. I do not believe he is a good fit for our defense. Sure he has made some really good plays, I am not wanting to take away from those, my issue is that he has traditionally struggled in open field coverage, coverage over the top and perhaps his biggest flaw is the make-up speed to correct for hiccups in over corrections or changes of pace.

Now for a lesser salary - I have less and less of an issue with some of the play. When you're making 15 Million a year for the Safety position I do expect more.

Comment

Working...
                              X