Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What player has been the most pleasant and unexpected surprise for you this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What player has been the most pleasant and unexpected surprise for you this season?

I think there have been many players who fit this description for me. Among them are Albert O, Kendall Hinton, and Dre'mont Jones. Albert and Dre'mont especially are becoming impact players on this team. Hinton has just been a pleasant surprise for me and has made some timely and important catches this year. I just think he's a good person to have on this team with his versatility.

That being said, my most unexpected surprise this season has been Jonathon Cooper. I'm very impressed with what I've seen out of him this year and he has taken advantage of the opportunity he has gotten due to our overwhelming amount of injuries at the LB position. I believe his emergence is one of the reasons that Von got traded. Some of these young LBs like Cooper and Browning look very promising. Our defense is starting to get an Ohio State flavor to it with Browning, Cooper, and Jones. I also think that Kenny Young has been a tremendous acquisition and I hope he is a part of our defense for a very long time.
    Proud resident of Broncos Country!!!

Jonathon Cooper and Browning were excellent draft choices so far. Both are kind of draft steals and if they can stay healthy in the future are definitely pleasant surprises. Kendall Hinton should be purposely targeted at least 3 or more times more a game, he catches the ball and plays hard. Kenny Young should be back next year, even with a coaching change possible he seams cheap enough and talented enough to push for a starting spot. He might just be better than any ILB we have healthy or not healthy. Albert O when healthy was a pleasant surprise last year already.

I know we aren't supposed to surprised by Surtain, but dude this guy is playing the hardest position for a rookie to succeed at a high level year 1 outside of probably QB, and he continues to nail it so far. That TD catch by Devonta Smith was a ridiculously good catch on a very well defended ball. Also Javonte Williams, my goodness he plays hard and seems to build on previous weeks and play smarter each week too. I had hopes he would be great but he has been better than I thought he could be thus far. I also hope to see a little more Weatherly, he seems like a solid pickup at the trade deadline.

Comment

Originally posted by snowman33 View Post
      I think there have been many players who fit this description for me. Among them are Albert O, Kendall Hinton, and Dre'mont Jones. Albert and Dre'mont especially are becoming impact players on this team. Hinton has just been a pleasant surprise for me and has made some timely and important catches this year. I just think he's a good person to have on this team with his versatility.

That being said, my most unexpected surprise this season has been Jonathon Cooper. I'm very impressed with what I've seen out of him this year and he has taken advantage of the opportunity he has gotten due to our overwhelming amount of injuries at the LB position. I believe his emergence is one of the reasons that Von got traded. Some of these young LBs like Cooper and Browning look very promising. Our defense is starting to get an Ohio State flavor to it with Browning, Cooper, and Jones. I also think that Kenny Young has been a tremendous acquisition and I hope he is a part of our defense for a very long time.
      WoW Another Great Post/Thread !! Way To Go !!

So honestly for me it is Javonte Williams #33. I honestly never watched him play in College so I never knew who he was until Denver drafted him and I can honestly say I think is one of Denver's Bright Spots this Year !! WOW The way he runs he should be the #1 Back !! When he runs I get so excited because I just know that he is going to pop it anytime for a TD. That man is almost impossible to Tackle he is a Tackle Breaking Machine and when you see him carrying like 5 or more defenders on his back all I can say is WOW he is going to be GREAT !! #33 reminds me of #30 !!

Comment

Originally posted by WYBRONCO View Post
        Jonathon Cooper and Browning were excellent draft choices so far. Both are kind of draft steals and if they can stay healthy in the future are definitely pleasant surprises. Kendall Hinton should be purposely targeted at least 3 or more times more a game, he catches the ball and plays hard. Kenny Young should be back next year, even with a coaching change possible he seams cheap enough and talented enough to push for a starting spot. He might just be better than any ILB we have healthy or not healthy. Albert O when healthy was a pleasant surprise last year already.

I know we aren't supposed to surprised by Surtain, but dude this guy is playing the hardest position for a rookie to succeed at a high level year 1 outside of probably QB, and he continues to nail it so far. That TD catch by Devonta Smith was a ridiculously good catch on a very well defended ball. Also Javonte Williams, my goodness he plays hard and seems to build on previous weeks and play smarter each week too. I had hopes he would be great but he has been better than I thought he could be thus far. I also hope to see a little more Weatherly, he seems like a solid pickup at the trade deadline.
        Totally 100 % Spot On !!

Comment

Javonte Williams. He simply looks like he could be the NFL rushing champion every time he carries the ball.

I think we can all agree that, awesome running back play is supposed to be a Bronco standard.

Comment

Some players which I have seen listed I completely disagree with. Although I think for different reasons than others. Dre'Mont Jones for me is a more talented version of Walker BUT he still does not fit who our coordinator needs for his scheme. Since the scheme was here 1st I put that blame on the GM. I think in time we will see better play from him but IMO - not with our scheme. For me players who I have been impressed with:

- The Angry Aviator - S.Wheatherly
            - C.Sterns
            - J.Williams
            - J.Cooper
            - Q.Minerz
            - K.Young
            - B.Browning (when he can stay healthy)
            - E.Saubert

While I do not see this player as a surprise I am pleased that he was able to continue from where he left off:

- Albert O.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
              Some players which I have seen listed I completely disagree with. Although I think for different reasons than others. Dre'Mont Jones for me is a more talented version of Walker BUT he still does not fit who our coordinator needs for his scheme. Since the scheme was here 1st I put that blame on the GM. I think in time we will see better play from him but IMO - not with our scheme. For me players who I have been impressed with:

- The Angry Aviator - S.Wheatherly
              - C.Sterns
              - J.Williams
              - J.Cooper
              - Q.Minerz
              - K.Young
              - B.Browning (when he can stay healthy)
              - E.Saubert

While I do not see this player as a surprise I am pleased that he was able to continue from where he left off:

- Albert O.
              I totally forgot about Quinn Meinerz. He has REALLY grown over the last few weeks. He totally caved in his guy on the Gordon TD run against Philly. I think he has huge potential for us and he is just another one of our great draft picks this year. Glad you mentioned him!
              Proud resident of Broncos Country!!!

Comment

I think Surtain, even though our #1 selection, because he looks like a polished pro out there, and I've heard many analysts rave about his technique/skill.

Comment

Originally posted by snowman33 View Post

I totally forgot about Quinn Meinerz. He has REALLY grown over the last few weeks. He totally caved in his guy on the Gordon TD run against Philly. I think he has huge potential for us and he is just another one of our great draft picks this year. Glad you mentioned him!
                  Really glad someone else brought up Meinerz too. He is winning a lot in the run game and has not looked overwhelmed nearly as much as a thrown in rookie usually does on the line.

Comment

Really glad what Javonte Williams has done. He seems like a legit 3 down back. All of his skills...including pass protection...seem to translate into the NFL game. We traded up to get him early in 2nd round so not really a surprise.

Patrick has kind of been a surprise. Nothing we have not seen before but he is just solid and consistent when that is actually hard to find in the NFL.

Probably biggest surprise I did not expect was Caden Sterns. He played 0 defensive snaps the first game but got some work in on ST. He has never played more than 19 defensive snaps. Sometimes as low a 7 defensive snaps. Regardless of playing less than 20% of the defensive snaps I remember him making a lot of key plays over the year. Think it will be fun to watch this kid get more snaps in 2022.
                    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Working...
                    X