Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Am Quite OK If Lock Starts

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    We know what we have with TB. We know Lock can ball. We also know Lock sucked last year, however we also know he had no off-season and was under a new offense.
    Look at Wentz who was competing with Lock for interceptions last year. He has an opposite record this year.
    Hate to release Lock and get our assess kicked by him in the future like we just did from Keenum. Of course I’m referring to Locks awakened ceiling, not just any previous Denver QB.
    It would be more productive to gauge Lock than to focus on the coach’s jobs. Especially if the competition was as close as they claim it was.
    Snoopp
    Practice Squad
    Last edited by Snoopp; 11-21-2021, 02:00 AM.

    Comment


    • #32
      It doesn't matter who starts. They're both bad quarterbacks.

      But I would start Lock and bench Teddy because of his cowardly act of not attempting to make a tackle on the fumble return against the Eagles. Make a statement that if your not going to try, then you don't play.

      Comment


      • #33
        Without reading a word, I approve.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post
          Lock is not the answer. He doesn't have the mental capacity to process fast enough and idoesnt feel pressure. Not questioning his superior arm, or his underated scrambling ability, but he is not starting material. The few games we won in late 2019 with Lock (the team going 4-1), were promising but a small sample set and Lock was not the reason we won those games.

          .Teddy is getting worse. Seems to have lost confidence and gone into his shell. Simply put we don't have a starting quality QB on the roster.

          there just isn't enough to go around... when you see Keenan, Flacco and Semian starting in relif, around the league it's self evident there's a dearth of available talent.

          We have an elite backfield and wide receiving ciorp, some very talent TE's but no QB option on the roster will work behind our porous O-line.
          Teddy is playing the way he is so he can keep cashing those game checks.by a team that's paying for him to go away.

          I wish the Broncos would pay him to go away. Loser.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
            Then there’s this from after last season:

            NFL Insider Shares Rumor That Broncos Had to 'Dummy Down' Playbook for Drew Lock

            In a conversation earlier this week covering the QB rumor mill, Pauline was asked what info he'd gleaned down in Mobile about Drew Lock and the Denver Broncos’ current quarterback situation. Pauline's reply included some negative buzz on Lock.
            “I have heard everything from ‘people are not sold on Drew Lock’ to ‘people are down on Drew Lock’.... we know that Drew Lock has had flashes and had his moments. He’s also had a lot of injuries. What I found out at the Senior Bowl is the Denver Broncos had to kind of slim down the playbook, take things out of the playbook that Drew Lock can’t run… They (the Broncos’ offensive coaching staff) almost had to dummy down the playbook so Drew Lock can handle it. That’s a major concern.”

            a college kid can’t understand the playbook bc he isn’t doing the professional work.
            too busy listening the lyrics and movies to quote. Sooner he’s gone, the better. Go run daddy’s car dealerships and talk about the good old days.
            Teddy can't run half an NFL playbook either, because he's got the arm of a 12 year old.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by broncojuan View Post

              Well, maybe I misworded it. Maybe I should have said "very little hope for the future." As it stands right now, the future looks bleak. The college QB crop is not strong (I like the kid out of Pitt, but almost everybody is a project), and the likelihood of us getting a Rogers or Wilson is a long shot. Most likely Teddy will be signed to a 3-4 year deal, and we draft a project QB. Over all my small joy over a largely insignificant win will be overshadowed by the worst stretch of broncos football in more than 50 years.
              This is where you and I are on different planes. We do align in terms of dissatisfaction for the last 5 or 6 seasons, including this one. But I am more hopeful about what happens after this season, though I can not prove anything, nor do I have a guaranteed QB lined up. So maybe I am being a little foolish in expecting a better fate, but I do. I sense Paton will deliver. I do believe he was kicking QB tires this past offseason, and kicking a little harder for one or two.

              And this team has a number of quality players as is.

              But Paton is the one this hinges on, and this team will be as good or not so good pending the decisions he makes postseason. And I am not just talking players.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post

                Teddy is playing the way he is so he can keep cashing those game checks.by a team that's paying for him to go away.

                I wish the Broncos would pay him to go away. Loser.
                Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post

                Teddy can't run half an NFL playbook either, because he's got the arm of a 12 year old.
                And folks wonder why we don't have as much quality football talk around here. These are just snippets of the same ole bashing that goes on here, among a group of individuals. This is not about x's and o's, rather yadda yadda.
                CanDB
                Football Immortal
                Last edited by CanDB; 11-21-2021, 08:53 AM.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by CanDB View Post



                  And you wonder why we don't have as much quality football talk around here. These are just snippets of the same ole bashing that goes on here, among a group of folks. This is not about x's and o's, rather yadda yadda.
                  Sam did, not me. You're misremembering.

                  Yeah I'm gonna beat it into the turf, because it needs to be. This kind of personality is worse than a locker room cancer. He needs to be gone and Vic needs to go with him.

                  I can take losing. I understand rebuilding takes time. I won't tolerate indifference or acquiescence.
                  CoryWinget81
                  On Probation
                  Last edited by CoryWinget81; 11-21-2021, 09:05 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    What is interesting about the “ dummy down” quote above is it came from February. Right after the season ended.

                    All reports from the off- season were he was working his butt and off, getting coaching and film study and improving. Which seemed to be the case in August. Not perfect but improvement.

                    From the “ Daddy’s car dealership” comments at the end of above post, it sure seems like it is getting a bit personal.

                    How often do we hear the “ dummy down” or “ simplified the offense” type comments? For young QBs and even established vets over the years.
                    Sometimes football comes down to simply making a play. I have more interest in Lock attempting to make a play and failing over Bridgewater choosing to be safe and failing. Three and out is three and out either way.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      The dumbing down of the offense is actually somewhat reassuring lol.
                      If that truly is the case and the offense was limited for Lock that simply means he hasn't grasped it and there is hope that he just might.

                      We are running out of time on his rookie deal and I don't want to get Keenumed into another bad QB contract. Give the guy the ball for the rest of the year and see if he can beat out whoever is in front of him next year. What we don't need is Lock coming in next season after the bye week/injury and having a bit of success. Then we are stuck giving him that Keenum deal or even franchise tagging him because of lack of options.

                      Put him in now and see if he sparks anything.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Want to talk about dumbing down the offense...Ben on Broncos country tonight talks about there are routes the team has stopped running with Teddy.

                        Apparently defending the Broncos with Teddy at Qb is easy because there are routes he never throws to. Feel free to listen to what he says as some of the routes seem like even a basic arm QB can make...not sure why Teddy afraid of these routes.

                        Least Lock has the physical tools to make every throw in the NFL. Maybe if he had more than 18 starts he would have more NFL mental skills and the offense could expand.

                        TBH I am done with Teddy as a Bronco and would be ok if we started a OL or DL at QB.
                        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Locutus View Post

                          It’s not designed for anyone to succeed.
                          Watch the breakdowns of Tim Jenkins on YouTube. The offense had the potential to be successful. Problem is Teddy is missing on big throws, checking down, or has no protection.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Senses Fail View Post

                            Watch the breakdowns of Tim Jenkins on YouTube. The offense had the potential to be successful. Problem is Teddy is missing on big throws, checking down, or has no protection.
                            The evidence there of Bridgewater turning down big plays all year is pretty damning.

                            ​​​​​​

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by CanDB View Post

                              This is where you and I are on different planes. We do align in terms of dissatisfaction for the last 5 or 6 seasons, including this one. But I am more hopeful about what happens after this season, though I can not prove anything, nor do I have a guaranteed QB lined up. So maybe I am being a little foolish in expecting a better fate, but I do. I sense Paton will deliver. I do believe he was kicking QB tires this past offseason, and kicking a little harder for one or two.

                              And this team has a number of quality players as is.

                              But Paton is the one this hinges on, and this team will be as good or not so good pending the decisions he makes postseason. And I am not just talking players.
                              Nothing wrong with a little optimism, and I do think this team is stacked with talent. The QB situation just seams to be holding it back.

                              I also think Paton has a heck of eye for talent. PS2 looks like a cant miss CB, QB was a much bigger need, and I suspect he has some kind of emotional attachment to Teddy that prevented him from picking Fields (or Jones, but I can admit that wouldn't have been my pick). It's the only way I can rationalize it. I think he believed he had his long term starter, and I kinda think he still does. It cant be denied, his stats would justify him being re-signed, and there is no denying he is very likable, but I think we all can see there is something missing.

                              I do, however think he could be a heck of a mentor to a young QB. If we we could get one of those young developmental QBs, and sign Teddy to a backup contract with the idea that the young QB will be in by game 10 my optimism would go up.
                              Bring Back ORANGE Sunday!!!

                              Tim Tebow combines the intensity of Ray Lewis with the throwing ability of... Ray Lewis.

                              "It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word."-Andrew Jackson

                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by broncojuan View Post

                                Nothing wrong with a little optimism, and I do think this team is stacked with talent. The QB situation just seams to be holding it back.

                                I also think Paton has a heck of eye for talent. PS2 looks like a cant miss CB, QB was a much bigger need, and I suspect he has some kind of emotional attachment to Teddy that prevented him from picking Fields (or Jones, but I can admit that wouldn't have been my pick). It's the only way I can rationalize it. I think he believed he had his long term starter, and I kinda think he still does. It cant be denied, his stats would justify him being re-signed, and there is no denying he is very likable, but I think we all can see there is something missing.

                                I do, however think he could be a heck of a mentor to a young QB. If we we could get one of those young developmental QBs, and sign Teddy to a backup contract with the idea that the young QB will be in by game 10 my optimism would go up.
                                I sure hope he is not attached to TB beyond this season. I may be wrong, but I think his connection helped him find a QB that might get the job done this year, given he could not acquire one of the better QBs that seemed to be on the market, OR did not like something about Fields/Jones, etc. In spite of my defending TB from time to time, I certainly would be concerned if Paton sees him as anything more than a 1 year starter, and possible backup beyond. And possibly Lock did not provide him and the others a sense of comfort for one reason or another. Sometimes when you are close to individuals, you see/hear things that do not resonate properly.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X