Go Broncos!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go Broncos!!

I will ask in advance for "stay on topic" please. The rules here condone that type of interaction. As we have stated, there are plenty of other threads for other type comments.

So, to anyone who still loves watching The Broncos, and still has hopes for a playoff run, (GOOD MORNING), GOOD AFTERNOON, GOOD EVENING AND GOOD NIGHT!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_ogegv4TZVl1r9nm7io1_500.gif
Views:	256
Size:	500.3 KB
ID:	8385405

After this weekend's games, it appears KC is trying to reassert themselves as the divisional team to beat. 7 and 4 and seemingly on a roll. Still not convinced they are going to go deep this year. The Chargers, 6 and 4, almost gave one away last night to a rather ordinary Steelers team, given the absence of TJ and Haden. Plus The Chargers had lost 3 of 4 coming in. And The Raiders, 5 and 5, who appear to be on a slide, in the wrong direction.

With these 5 divisional games coming, it is pretty obvious what's at stake. Any loss against KC or even The Chargers will be damaging, though each of those 3 teams has to do their part to win the division. Some games may cancel one another.

As for The Wild Card, there are 4 teams with 6 victories, which means we have some work left in that race. Still, 3 teams get in, so it's not even close to being settled. I might explore their divisions closer, as their divisional games will be highly relevant down the stretch. As an aside, to show you how teams are not as good as we sometimes think, Buffalo has somehow lost the division lead to The pats, after having a pretty substantial early lead.

I have mentioned this theme over and over, but so far it appears that few teams are for real when it comes to SB capability. Did not seem that way a month ago. But now we see so called leading contenders losing every week, and sometimes to relatively weak teams. But when this keeps happening, who's to define strong vs weak teams? If it happens a little more frequently than one would expect, it translates to more than a fluke. It can become the norm, which means the teams are not nearly as different in power than we think.

Back to the Broncos. I still call these games huge, and The Chargers are the focal point. They have some special O players, including Ekeler, Allen, Williams (at times) and of course, the kid at QB. Herbert's the kind of player I hope to see in a Broncos uniform in the not so distant future. So much talent, and a good head as well. But based on the last 5 games, The Chargers certainly do not have a winning way about them. Nearly losing last night, in a game they seemed to dominate, against an injured D, spoke volumes. They looked rattled near the end, until of course Williams was allowed to run wide open for the winning TD.

The Chargers are pretty good against the pass, but last I looked, gave up the most rushing yardage in the league. Wait a sec, we got a pretty good run game..........

Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_nvoctmzpDi1uve6dlo2_400.gif
Views:	235
Size:	1.87 MB
ID:	8385406

Yes, we can run! And our D is really good against the passing game, and our run D is fine. Herbert and company will have to work for it.

As for our boyz.....

In spite of the mumbling, and yes, some of the disappointment, I am already looking forward to next Sunday's home game. If I'm in that locker room this week, the message I would give (in not these exact words) would include some of these basics:

-We have a good overall group of players, including the star Safety I call the face of the franchise - Justin Simmons
    -We have the horses and we can definitely run against this team.
    -The Chargers are not exactly confident these days, after almost losing 4 out of 5, against a weakened Steelers team.
    -We've played 10 games, and we have yet to put it all together. We start now.
    -Imagine this is as game one, and we are starting over with about the same chances as we did back then. Still only 1 win out of a tie for the division, and only 1 win out of a tie for top Wild Card.

As for the game itself, we have had plenty of time to game plan, and play design. Some new wrinkles will complement the playbook. Good hard running, as mentioned. Ample study time to see what worked best offensively in our first 10 games, whether it be play design, most effective positional set up (maybe more TE formations), QB positioning (over center vs shot gun), and so forth....things above my pay scale. This game is a test of the players AND of course, the coaching.

Basically I would ask of our guyz....PLAY LIKE YOU SURELY LOVE THIS GAME AND CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY AGAIN! Because the cards are on the table....a win would place us back in playoff contention. A loss for The Chargers would be a serious blow for them.

And yeah, we got home turf baby!

As for next year, as an optimistic fan, I am preparing myself for a fun offseason. The anticipated strategy and execution are already getting me pumped. Free Agency, The Draft, trades, etc....make my offseasons almost as exciting as the games themselves. Hard to believe but that's less than 3 months away! In the meantime, let's go win us a football game!

Nice post Can -

In the NFC right now if the season were to end, they would have two teams with five wins in the wildcard. In the AFC, you need 6 wins. We have 5. This season's been a rollercoaster, but we're still absolutely 100% in it, and how many times have we seen teams get hot in the second half of the season and do some damage in the playoffs?

Nobody is super confident that is us this year with good reason, but I'm sure as heck not one to throw in the towel. We could have made a great statement against the Eagles and missed out, but a win this week against the Chargers puts us smack dab in the middle of the wildcard hunt, and 1 game back of the divisional lead.

What I like to look at a lot of times going into games are the direct matchups of course (like our Running game against their running defense) but also a sort of 'emotional momentum' thing.

Emotional momentum is hard to put a finger on... and I don't have a set formula. Essentially though, I hate playing a good team coming off a rough loss. It's almost as bad as playing a team coming off a bye. They're looking for that rebound, and they get you straight in their sights.

The Chargers are coming off the type of game I prefer to play against someone after. It was a rebound game for them, since they had lost to the Vikings the week before... it was a scorefest, and a close game at the end (admittedly, I did not tune into this one). This is more 'emotionally draining' and I think it makes it harder for them to get pumped up for our game.

I think they look down on us a bit, and we're the ones looking to rebound AND we are coming off the bye. These are all good signs for us, I think.

Regarding the direct matchups, obviously our run game against their run D is the one we're all hoping to see exploited. How great would it be to just run all over them all game? I'll answer my own question... it would be amazing.

I almost find this concerning though, because is it just me, or does it always seem like anytime there are these obvious matchups where one side is really good at something, and they're going up against an opponent who struggles on the counterpart... and you get the opposite result from what you'd expect? Two stifling Ds against two mediocre offenses and you expect a 17-13 game and get a 43-40 game... I worry about this sort of 'trend reversal' in the upcoming game, knock on wood.

Thanks, Reid!
    sigpic
    Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
      Nice post Can -

In the NFC right now if the season were to end, they would have two teams with five wins in the wildcard. In the AFC, you need 6 wins. We have 5. This season's been a rollercoaster, but we're still absolutely 100% in it, and how many times have we seen teams get hot in the second half of the season and do some damage in the playoffs?

Nobody is super confident that is us this year with good reason, but I'm sure as heck not one to throw in the towel. We could have made a great statement against the Eagles and missed out, but a win this week against the Chargers puts us smack dab in the middle of the wildcard hunt, and 1 game back of the divisional lead.

What I like to look at a lot of times going into games are the direct matchups of course (like our Running game against their running defense) but also a sort of 'emotional momentum' thing.

Emotional momentum is hard to put a finger on... and I don't have a set formula. Essentially though, I hate playing a good team coming off a rough loss. It's almost as bad as playing a team coming off a bye. They're looking for that rebound, and they get you straight in their sights.

The Chargers are coming off the type of game I prefer to play against someone after. It was a rebound game for them, since they had lost to the Vikings the week before... it was a scorefest, and a close game at the end (admittedly, I did not tune into this one). This is more 'emotionally draining' and I think it makes it harder for them to get pumped up for our game.

I think they look down on us a bit, and we're the ones looking to rebound AND we are coming off the bye. These are all good signs for us, I think.

Regarding the direct matchups, obviously our run game against their run D is the one we're all hoping to see exploited. How great would it be to just run all over them all game? I'll answer my own question... it would be amazing.

I almost find this concerning though, because is it just me, or does it always seem like anytime there are these obvious matchups where one side is really good at something, and they're going up against an opponent who struggles on the counterpart... and you get the opposite result from what you'd expect? Two stifling Ds against two mediocre offenses and you expect a 17-13 game and get a 43-40 game... I worry about this sort of 'trend reversal' in the upcoming game, knock on wood.

Thx pal. You are right about the "emotional" aspect of games. I may have mentioned it, but I think The Chargers feel a bit relieved about last night's finish. Almost on the verge of getting that "choke" feeling, given they seemed to outplay The Steelers throughout. But the Steelers made some big turnovers.

So yeah, The Chargers could come in knowing they almost had a 1 and 4 record of late, and very much almost gave the game away. We on the other hand have not been a dominant team, but have a 5 and 5 record....in spite of all the noise about certain defects.

I expect The Broncos, everyone of them, to see that home crowd and do their absolute best to be noticed in the NFL landscape. If they fail to do so, they definitely do not deserve to be playoff bound. But even a loss with a good showing would keep me energized for the remainder of the season.

Comment

We got all week, so I will be looking for references and such. Here's one I like:

ESPN: Broncos have a 54.5% chance to win

Comment

I had the Broncos at 9-8 with a 2 game swing (more to the downside). I haven’t seen the team show any indication of being good enough to beat the Chargers. The team put up 19 points vs Steelers with 7 in garbage time. The Chargers out up 41 on the Steelers.

Two more wins is realistic with the Broncos finishing 7-10 and I don’t believe one of those wins will be vs Chargers.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
            I had the Broncos at 9-8 with a 2 game swing (more to the downside). I haven’t seen the team show any indication of being good enough to beat the Chargers. The team put up 19 points vs Steelers with 7 in garbage time. The Chargers out up 41 on the Steelers.

Two more wins is realistic with the Broncos finishing 7-10 and I don’t believe one of those wins will be vs Chargers.
            Did you watch the game last night? Did you see them give away that lead, against a beaten up D? Did you notice they lost 3 of 4 going into last night?

Totally disagree with you. The Broncos have a real chance. And I am looking forward to the game.

Comment

Go Broncos!!!

Comment

The Broncos lost 5 of 7 going into this game.

Doesn’t matter that the Chargers gave up a lead. They won by putting up 41 points. Every team has a chance of winning.

Comment

Originally posted by fantaztic7 View Post
                  the broncos lost 5 of 7 going into this game.

Doesn’t matter that the chargers gave up a lead. They won by putting up 41 points. Every team has a chance of winning.
                  So, can we have one simple thread supporting The Broncos without the same ole negativity? I asked if we could. But if we have to dwell on what's wrong and why they are going to lose, well, there's many threads I can point you to. Need my help? I know I can find a bunch.

BY the way, losing 5 of 7 is your way of looking at it. I see it as winning (see that's a positive) 2 of the last 3.
                  Last edited by CanDB; 11-22-2021, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

So, can we have one simple thread supporting The Broncos without the same ole negativity? I asked if we could. But if we have to dwell on what's wrong and why they are going to lose, well, there's many threads I can point you to. Need my help? I know I can find a bunch.

BY the way, losing 5 of 7 is your way of looking at it. I see it as winning (see that's a positive) 2 of the last 3.
                    Posting an opinion about what the outcome might be isn’t affirming support or lack of support.

Comment

Broncos winning more football games would earn more appreciation from the fan base.

Comment

Go Broncos!

Comment

I bleed orange and blue, but this team isn't putting up 41 points to beat chargers or anyone else.sorry man.
                          I miss real Bronco football

Comment

Folks predicting any big/breakout games for The Broncos?

I am expecting Williams to have a big day, and hopefully one of our WRs does so as well.

We will need to be smart defensively, because they do have weapons, and Herbert has the tools. If I was coaching, I'd restrict Ekeler from the get go, and put my bets on the table that our Dbacks can manage their receivers, to a point. And the more pressure on Herbert the better. Once he's set, he's dangerous, and he can run.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                              Folks predicting any big/breakout games for The Broncos?

I am expecting Williams to have a big day, and hopefully one of our WRs does so as well.

We will need to be smart defensively, because they do have weapons, and Herbert has the tools. If I was coaching, I'd restrict Ekeler from the get go, and put my bets on the table that our Dbacks can manage their receivers, to a point. And the more pressure on Herbert the better. Once he's set, he's dangerous, and he can run.
                              Must be too early in the week. I know folks will show up.

So I say Williams, and one of our WRs will get us 100 yards each. Now that the WRs are getting paid, lets see some tangibles.

Defensively, I am hoping one of the boyz gets 2 sacks, and I don't care who, and 2 pics....again, not caring who?

Comment

Working...
                              X