No announcement yet.

Broncos Are 3 and 1 In Last 4 Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How the hell do the Broncos have a Sunday night game? I thought they only got the mandatory Thursday night game.

Did they get flexed? and why?
    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
    You Mad Bro?
    Don’t Be A Mean Girl
    Hell No!!! To the Texans Quarterback!!!

Comment

As for the playoffs....we know what we got with our QBs, so it is not like we're going to dominate on O. But playoffs and good rushing/good D are pretty good company. I do love a good pass game as well, but if The Broncos sharpen their run/D toolset, and we can still gain some decent passing....with few turnovers, this team could surprise a little.

Comment

Gonna take an outstanding defensive effort next week but I'm very proud of the way they performed today. Surtain is the real deal.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          3 and 1 with wins against Dallas and LAC sounds like a team making a push.

A very well played win today, both on O and D.

For those who are sticking with the team til the bitter end, this is not exactly a bad run we are on.

And good for you, because believin is the first step along the way.

More details to come, but Broncos deserved this game all the way, and are now in a position of some stability. I won't speculate too much, but we have a first place tying game opportunity next week. And wild card is so very possible!

Just a good all around playoff looking game today.

CONGRATZ BOYZ!!!
          When was the last time we were heading into december still in the chase?

I am of the firm opinion, we are a QB, and an OL away from being a good team. Right now, we are good enough to beat good teams when they aren't playing their best, and beat the teams we are supposed to.

It is true we cant seem to put up points consistently. Although I am convinced with a quality QB (and new coaching), we could be really good. The other pieces are in place.

We aren't far off. But the QB thing, is the hardest piece of the puzzle to find.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter's Moon View Post
            Gonna take an outstanding defensive effort next week but I'm very proud of the way they performed today. Surtain is the real deal.
            Pat had his rookie "statement game" today. He has put himself in real contention for defensive rookie of the year.

That kid is special. Unless hit by serious injury, he will be among the best cb's in the game for the next decade.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post
              We aren't far off. But the QB thing, is the hardest piece of the puzzle to find.
              According to Paton quarterbacks are easier to find than cornerbacks.

In hindsight, I kinda wish they had drafted Mac Jones.
              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
              You Mad Bro?
              Don’t Be A Mean Girl
              Hell No!!! To the Texans Quarterback!!!

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post

According to Paton quarterbacks are easier to find than cornerbacks.

In hindsight, I kinda wish they had drafted Mac Jones.
                Very interesting opinion from Paton. I have devalued corners over recent years with the game going the way it is. I think you're better playing zone with a great front 7. Mac had definitely played a lot better than I thought he would. I'm still happy with Surtain though.

Comment

As for the playoffs....we know what we got with our QBs, so it is not like we're going to dominate on O. But playoffs and good rushing/good D are pretty good company. I do love a good pass game as well, but if The Broncos sharpen their run/D toolset, and we can still gain some decent passing....with few turnovers, this team could surprise a little.
                  The last time we made a post season push we had virtually no offense and a stout Defense.

I look at away games as a non-factor, actually, it just means more oxygen for our defensive stable.

There's gonna be some Patrick on Patrick crime, PS2 is going to pick PattyM off 3X and the media is going to start calling him Prime Time Pat.

Bring on the Chiefs!
                  [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post

When was the last time we were heading into december still in the chase?

I am of the firm opinion, we are a QB, and an OL away from being a good team. Right now, we are good enough to beat good teams when they aren't playing their best, and beat the teams we are supposed to.

It is true we cant seem to put up points consistently. Although I am convinced with a quality QB (and new coaching), we could be really good. The other pieces are in place.

You may be right. But again, this is why I am mostly stoked about the future. I really think this team is just a few key changes from being a contender. QB is not a strength, but the only problem is if we can not sign a quality vet, because a rookie needs time....maybe a few years. I see non player change as well. Not a big secret.

Comment

No doubt I appreciate the draft situation. I am huge on the draft! But I am confident we will have a good share of draft cap by next April, with perhaps another pick or two via trade. And yes, would I prefer to draft 5 or 10 spots higher....heck ya! But you have to hope you have excellent scouts/decision-makers who can make the most of the picks we have, and also hopefully very well aligned with a smartly planned bigger picture personnel strategy.
                      We Clev losing we are now one spot behind a playoff berth.
                      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Some folks will say, even if we make the playoffs, what good is one and done? I think of it this way:

Making the playoffs is a very important accomplishment each year. And once you make it, you not only get to be on the big stage for at least a week, but one never knows how the game will go. Bounces, ref decisions, injuries....not to mention how you play on that particular day, can get you into a 2nd game. And then, start over.

But also important to me. Playoffs give all your players/coaches a taste of postseason. This is really added value for young players or those who have never been. It gives experience to those who have never been before, and that often carries nicely over to the next visit, even if not for another season. Playoffs bring a different feel, style and media attention, and sometimes players need to have more than one shot at them to feel comfortable and ready to go.
                        It's this exactly for me.

Additionally - Making the playoffs with Tebow is (presumably) a large part of the reason we were able to land Manning. I'm not saying that to say that we SHOULD get a QB outside the draft... but even away from the QB position, we're more likely to land quality FA with a winning team.

The winning attitude and playoff experience are not to be undervalued.

This is another reason I support trading for future picks from other teams. It's nice to have picks that aren't tied to our w/l. Wins over draft position every day for me.

Wanting a winning team, but wanting them to lose to get there is nonsensical. There's a culture involved. Some have talked about this team all year as though we're in the same group as the Jags, Jets, Lions, Texans. We're not, and I don't ever want to look at this team that way. A high draft pick should be a consolation prize for a rough year, not a prize you seek.

As a franchise, Denver has done a very good job at staying away from the bottom of the barrel in wins, and I like to keep it that way.
                        Thanks, Reid!
                        sigpic
                        Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

We have a lot of young talent but a lack of leadership and coaching. There's a lot of flack given to Paton for choosing Surtain over Parsons or Fields and I agree with it, but I'd say this is one of our better rookie classes ever. Surtain, Williams, Meinerz, Cooper, Browning, Sterns. All playing significant snaps. I think you can argue every one of them is impacting the game as well, not just throwing bodies out there because of injury.

That being said.. there's a reason why we lose EVERY game we trail in going into the half. Lack of adjustments by coaching, lack of veteran leadership on the team, and well let's face it ... Teddy is not a "game winning drive" quarterback.

So if things go well early in games, we do well. If we get down early there's no coming back. I guess it's better than the last few years as the "holding on to the lead" aspect is a new trend on this Broncos team.

I still don't think there's a chance we go to the playoffs. We haven't beaten the Chiefs in 11 games, they're peaking right now, they're coming off a bye and Reid has an outstanding record coming back from the bye. So I'd say 2 losses to the Chiefs. We'll maybe win the Raiders game, and probably lose the Chargers game in LA. I'd say there's a good chance we beat the Lions, and a good chance we lose to the Bengals. I'm still putting us at 8-9, missing the playoffs, and having a pretty crappy draft pick.

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post

It's this exactly for me.

Additionally - Making the playoffs with Tebow is (presumably) a large part of the reason we were able to land Manning. I'm not saying that to say that we SHOULD get a QB outside the draft... but even away from the QB position, we're more likely to land quality FA with a winning team.

The winning attitude and playoff experience are not to be undervalued.

This is another reason I support trading for future picks from other teams. It's nice to have picks that aren't tied to our w/l. Wins over draft position every day for me.

Wanting a winning team, but wanting them to lose to get there is nonsensical. There's a culture involved. Some have talked about this team all year as though we're in the same group as the Jags, Jets, Lions, Texans. We're not, and I don't ever want to look at this team that way. A high draft pick should be a consolation prize for a rough year, not a prize you seek.

As a franchise, Denver has done a very good job at staying away from the bottom of the barrel in wins, and I like to keep it that way.
                            Its a great take. I always prefer a ugly win to the most optimistic loss. Wins matter more after that Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by jmz313 View Post

Its a great take. I always prefer a ugly win to the most optimistic loss. Wins matter more after that Sunday.
                              Hard to argue with wins since that is the ultimate metric in this league. I’ll grant you all that being in this position, with meaningful games in December, is better than I thought would happen.

The Broncos played well yesterday. And coming back from his business decision, I have to admit that Teddy showed some gutsy play coming back into the game clearly hurt. He played decently too.

The biggest surprise for me is our offensive line. The depth is just incredible. We are going 3rd string and still plowing open holes that I could run through. Munchak and our backup guys deserve some major props.

Or defense played lights out too.

Ok, so to temper this. The Chargers have a very porous run defense. And their offensive line stinks. It will be interesting to see how this plays out against a Chiefs team that has finally figured itself out and has some momentum. And then the Bengals will be a challenge. Detroit should roll over but we finish with the AFC west again. Sink or swim.

And I’ll agree that I’m never going to say making the playoffs doesn’t matter because it does for all the reasons listed above. But if that means we go into 2022 with Fangio/Shurmer/Bridgewater (and a new contract) that, I think, would ultimately be bad for this team.
                              To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Comment

Originally posted by Humberg View Post

Hard to argue with wins since that is the ultimate metric in this league. I’ll grant you all that being in this position, with meaningful games in December, is better than I thought would happen.

The Broncos played well yesterday. And coming back from his business decision, I have to admit that Teddy showed some gutsy play coming back into the game clearly hurt. He played decently too.

The biggest surprise for me is our offensive line. The depth is just incredible. We are going 3rd string and still plowing open holes that I could run through. Munchak and our backup guys deserve some major props.

Or defense played lights out too.

Ok, so to temper this. The Chargers have a very porous run defense. And their offensive line stinks. It will be interesting to see how this plays out against a Chiefs team that has finally figured itself out and has some momentum. And then the Bengals will be a challenge. Detroit should roll over but we finish with the AFC west again. Sink or swim.

And I’ll agree that I’m never going to say making the playoffs doesn’t matter because it does for all the reasons listed above. But if that means we go into 2022 with Fangio/Shurmer/Bridgewater (and a new contract) that, I think, would ultimately be bad for this team.
                                If Fangio/Shurmer/Bridgewater beat some quality division opponents and get us into the playoffs, why shouldn't they get those contracts?

I'm all for developing or acquiring more talent (including QB), next week will tell us a lot. We are above.500 for a change...
                                [sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X