Broncos Are 3 and 1 In Last 4 Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Humberg View Post

Hard to argue with wins since that is the ultimate metric in this league. I’ll grant you all that being in this position, with meaningful games in December, is better than I thought would happen.

The Broncos played well yesterday. And coming back from his business decision, I have to admit that Teddy showed some gutsy play coming back into the game clearly hurt. He played decently too.

The biggest surprise for me is our offensive line. The depth is just incredible. We are going 3rd string and still plowing open holes that I could run through. Munchak and our backup guys deserve some major props.

Or defense played lights out too.

Ok, so to temper this. The Chargers have a very porous run defense. And their offensive line stinks. It will be interesting to see how this plays out against a Chiefs team that has finally figured itself out and has some momentum. And then the Bengals will be a challenge. Detroit should roll over but we finish with the AFC west again. Sink or swim.

And I’ll agree that I’m never going to say making the playoffs doesn’t matter because it does for all the reasons listed above. But if that means we go into 2022 with Fangio/Shurmer/Bridgewater (and a new contract) that, I think, would ultimately be bad for this team.
    The bolded is also important to me, personally.

I'm so sick of our season being over by this point. It makes being a fan so much harder.

Past few years we've gotten a glimpse of what the truly bad franchises have to put up with year in and year out... and while I've always felt bad for them and admired their commitment... I couldn't really say I truly understood what it feels like... and arguably still can't.

That's the difference between this team and the real bottom dwellers. I can definitely understand fans that get really mad over bad seasons and don't want to turn into that. I've leaned more on the 'have faith, it takes time' side, but it's scary when you feel like that's where your team is headed. I get that.

But at the same time, during our losing streak, and even before it, some were willing to write us off, and tell us that we have no chance.

It's been ugly, but we still have a chance in December, and that feels great.

I'm not super optimistic about the upcoming game... and we probably need to win at least 4 of the next 6.... but still.... I always feel like my football fan is dying a bit inside when we're not at least 'in the hunt' in playoff picture graphics... and the earlier in the season that's the case, the worse it is.

The team's not in this position because I didn't give up hope, but I'm glad I didn't give up hope anyway.

Regarding getting stuck with the same staff if we make the playoffs..... That's a fair point, and to that end, I almost COULD understand why someone would root against it... but not me. If Fangio manages to get this team to the playoffs despite leading the league in Salary Cap on IR... well, I would say that I think he's earned yet another year. Could that ultimately lead to some bad things? Absolutely. At the same time, I can think of a number of bad things that have happened to this team... but if you take them away, we also don't end up in the spots we do for the good things that happen.

Comment

Javonte is a super star in the making. He’s got speed, power, and vision. His legs are always moving and he quickly finds the lanes. I am glad they splitting the carries between him and Gordon to limit his wear and tear. Honestly we have two RBs that would be the starter on most NFL teams.

Comment

Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post

Pat had his rookie "statement game" today. He has put himself in real contention for defensive rookie of the year.

That kid is special. Unless hit by serious injury, he will be among the best cb's in the game for the next decade.
        I know that folks did not all want a CB with our #1 pick, and I was one of them. I for one wanted Parsons. Some wanted a QB. But at the end of the day, if you select a player who proves in his first year that he is not only a starter, but potentially a pro bowl, even all pro, then you get high marks for the selection. Not every top 10 draft pick becomes a keeper. Surtain looks like a keeper who can hold down his side of the field. IMO, you get bonus points when you select someone this good, this early.

Comment

Originally posted by Humberg View Post

Hard to argue with wins since that is the ultimate metric in this league. I’ll grant you all that being in this position, with meaningful games in December, is better than I thought would happen.

The Broncos played well yesterday. And coming back from his business decision, I have to admit that Teddy showed some gutsy play coming back into the game clearly hurt. He played decently too.

The biggest surprise for me is our offensive line. The depth is just incredible. We are going 3rd string and still plowing open holes that I could run through. Munchak and our backup guys deserve some major props.

Or defense played lights out too.

Ok, so to temper this. The Chargers have a very porous run defense. And their offensive line stinks. It will be interesting to see how this plays out against a Chiefs team that has finally figured itself out and has some momentum. And then the Bengals will be a challenge. Detroit should roll over but we finish with the AFC west again. Sink or swim.

And I’ll agree that I’m never going to say making the playoffs doesn’t matter because it does for all the reasons listed above. But if that means we go into 2022 with Fangio/Shurmer/Bridgewater (and a new contract) that, I think, would ultimately be bad for this team.
          I know i'm in the minority here but I honestly think Fangio being retained, Completely untied to Shurmur or TB (or Tom Mcmahon) could be beneficial to the team in 2022 and beyond. Shurmur needs replaced, and Teddy is an obvious placeholder. But Fangio has shown to do more with (perceived) less than any other coach I've ever seen on either side of the ball. Id like to see this D not get blown up and see where it is next year with all this depth restacked and the 2022 rookie class more solidified in the NFL.

Comment

I am hearing some love for The Broncos today (outside this site). Not like the expectations are great, but that this team should not be overlooked. And it's true, the Miller trade not only proved we still have a good D, but we got 2 really nice draft picks in the process. Talk is we have played better without him. How sweet is that!!

Comment

There is a log jam in the AFC West now. Looking at the standings, I’m liking the Broncos points allowed. Only team in the division under 200 points allowed. Just need to start scoring more. Big game next Sunday night. Fangio needs to prove he finally has a game plan to stop Mahomes and Co.
              Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                How the hell do the Broncos have a Sunday night game? I thought they only got the mandatory Thursday night game.

Did they get flexed? and why?
                You don't want to see them play on a Sunday Night?

Comment

Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
                  There is a log jam in the AFC West now. Looking at the standings, I’m liking the Broncos points allowed. Only team in the division under 200 points allowed. Just need to start scoring more. Big game next Sunday night. Fangio needs to prove he finally has a game plan to stop Mahomes and Co.
                  The D is playing with some moxie, Offense might be ready for primetime...

We'll see
                  [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sra84 View Post
                    Not going to lie, the loss to the Eagles still irritates me. Especially since I have to hear about it constantly. We should have won that game.
                    We went 1 and 1 vs the Cowboys and Eagles regardless of who we beat, that is what it should have been.

It's the loss to the Browns that really pisses me off, and generally how poorly we played against the Raiders at home.

Regardless, I am shocked that we have 6 wins and are still playing games that matter.

I also fully agree with the posters above, this record is despite the attrocious* coaching.

* = overstating a tiny bit, and I do mean tiny

Comment

Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
                      highest net points too.

Comment

I believe our D can keep Mahomes and company in reasonable check. KC's D is ordinary, and again, lets run, run, run.....but of course, utilize good routes and mix in some creative wrinkles to spice it up.

I don't have to say it, but our guys are pumped, and a win would be huge!!

Comment

Yesterday the good Broncos showed up, we just dont know what we're going to get on a week to week basis. I feel like they couldve blown out the Chargers, gotten blown out, or any outcome in between.

It will be interesting to see what happens in KC this week, if we win, we come back home to winnable games - Detroit and Cincy. Win this week and all of a sudden it starts to look like we could get on a roll.

However, we have a lot of factors working against us, KC on the road in December is always tough for the Broncos and Andy Reid coming off a bye is tough as well. I feel optimistic, but not expecting a win. However, if we get a win it would be huge - it would make us contenders for the AFC West.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoStampede View Post
                            Yesterday the good Broncos showed up, we just dont know what we're going to get on a week to week basis. I feel like they couldve blown out the Chargers, gotten blown out, or any outcome in between.

It will be interesting to see what happens in KC this week, if we win, we come back home to winnable games - Detroit and Cincy. Win this week and all of a sudden it starts to look like we could get on a roll.

However, we have a lot of factors working against us, KC on the road in December is always tough for the Broncos and Andy Reid coming off a bye is tough as well. I feel optimistic, but not expecting a win. However, if we get a win it would be huge - it would make us contenders for the AFC West.
                            I guess that's what you sometimes get with a very talented young team - inconsistency. However, i see the KC game very much as i saw the Dallas game. No-one expects us to win and we have nothing to lose. Also KC - despite their winning streak - must be concerned at just how tight the division is. We have a great chance.

Comment

Originally posted by GMTD View Post

I guess that's what you sometimes get with a very talented young team - inconsistency. However, i see the KC game very much as i saw the Dallas game. No-one expects us to win and we have nothing to lose. Also KC - despite their winning streak - must be concerned at just how tight the division is. We have a great chance.
                              I agree. Our team is young and consistency will be a factor, at least til they are more experienced, as a group.

Plus KC is not who they were in recent years. Yes, some good signs, but they are very beatable.

Comment

So the past few games minus the Philly because I honestly did not watch or care to and I was right that Philly was just going to steamroll Denver in Denver lol so that was to me a good miss however the past two games I have watched I seriously thought here comes another 30 point plus defeat vs Dallas and LAC so I just thought let me find something positive to talk about and honestly these 2 wins vs Dallas and the LAC games have been Tremendously Awarding as I am watching a Young and Hungry Defense get at it !! I see our Rookie J. Williams aka the Playmaker making plays so Denver can win and with PS2 shining Bright Yesterday No matter what happens the rest of the Year I am seeing the Future in Denver and it is looking ever so BRIGHT. All we need now is a Real QB !!

Comment

Working...
                                X