Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paton Should Stay And Do More Positive Damage!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    Wilson and Rodgers are different in my opinion. Both those guys change the culture of our offense immediately and are worth every penny. Both those guys also would attract free agents who would play for less.
    I wish Rodgers was a little younger as I do think he could help turn our young Offense around almost as good as PM did. Problem I have with a 39 year old Rodgers is how long will he be here? It took PM a couple years to go us to the point we could win in the playoffs.

Like Wilson more. I think he has icewater in his veins and more years left on the career.
    Let's Ride!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

10 QBs made over $30M in 2021. $25M is getting to be price of entry.
      agreed

I think any established starter who has taken his team to the playoffs recently will command that level of salary
      Let's Ride!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

agreed

I think any established starter who has taken his team to the playoffs recently will command that level of salary
        Yes and it’s a much steeper price moving to the top of the league:
        1. Patrick Mahomes - $45M
        2. Josh Allen - $43M
        3. Dak Prescott - $40M
        4. Deshaun Watson - $39M
        5. Russell Wilson - $35M
        6. Aaron Rodgers - $33.5M
        7. Jared Goff - $33.5M
        8. Kirk Cousins - $33M
        Unless a team finds a diamond in the rough there isn’t a cheap path for a good QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

Yes and it’s a much steeper price moving to the top of the league:
          1. Patrick Mahomes - $45M
          2. Josh Allen - $43M
          3. Dak Prescott - $40M
          4. Deshaun Watson - $39M
          5. Russell Wilson - $35M
          6. Aaron Rodgers - $33.5M
          7. Jared Goff - $33.5M
          8. Kirk Cousins - $33M
          Unless a team finds a diamond in the rough there isn’t a cheap path for a good QB.
          And once you pay them the team really comes down to earth cause you cant keep everyone.
          sigpic

Comment

And once you pay them the team really comes down to earth cause you cant keep everyone.
            Thats why you consistantly have to draft really well. Something this organization hasnt done so far...
            Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Originally posted by armedequation View Post

Thats why you consistantly have to draft really well. Something this organization hasnt done so far...
              True, but Paton nailed last season's draft!
              sigpic

Comment

It will be interesting to see if KC can manage to keep and/or sign enough free agents as time goes on. They’re in that sweet spot with having top talent but those players will want to be paid. They are fortunate they have Kelce signed til ‘25 however Hill is a free agent after next season.

If Paton can hit a decent deal, not exorbitant cost for the QB then he should have room for other free agents. Hitting good draft picks makes it easier to manage the cap.

Comment

True, but Paton nailed last season's draft!
                  I agree, im so far very happy with him as our gm. I didnt come right out and say it but thats why i put consistantly. I am looking forward to the direction paton is steering this franchise. Not just that but hes a consumate professional.
                  Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Originally posted by armedequation View Post

I agree, im so far very happy with him as our gm. I didnt come right out and say it but thats why i put consistantly. I am looking forward to the direction paton is steering this franchise. Not just that but hes a consumate professional.
                    Lets see if he can do it again! He drafts us a franchise QB and will make him a statue lol!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

I wish Rodgers was a little younger as I do think he could help turn our young Offense around almost as good as PM did. Problem I have with a 39 year old Rodgers is how long will he be here? It took PM a couple years to go us to the point we could win in the playoffs.

Like Wilson more. I think he has icewater in his veins and more years left on the career.
                      I agree. I could see Rodgers hang it up after a year or two and we will be back to needing a QB with no first rd picks
                      sigpic

Comment

• Back to Patons ‘damage’ - he’s methodically killing off our dead branches - shame on him
                        Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

Comment

• Shoot with Spielman getting the axe in Minny my confidence in Paton is fading. He was assistant there and they must have been making bad moves for a while now. I'm not over him firing uncle vic anyways his draft was good but depending on the coach he chooses and what he does with the qb ill have my mind made up about Paton sooner rather than later
                          :go:

Comment

• Paton can restore faith if he brings in Brian Flores as a DC he can continue where uncle Vic left off I think that's a heck of a coach
                            :go:

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post
                              Paton can restore faith if he brings in Brian Flores as a DC he can continue where uncle Vic left off I think that's a heck of a coach
                              WoW I just read the Dolphins release him wow. I bet he would make a really Good DC for sure.

Comment

• I am holding judgement based on this offseason because it will show Paton’s true colors as a GM.

If he sticks with the current philosophy and brings in a mediocre vet QB and a conservative coach, that will tell me all I need to know.

On the other hand, there are many scenarios that I would be happy with. I’m personally hoping for a rookie QB and an offensive coach. However, If he lands a miracle trade for a HOF level vet QB, I wouldn’t be disappointed.

Crucial offseason for the Broncos. There are a lot of moving parts and I’m interested in seeing how he traverses the rocky ground.

If he takes the cop out route, I’ll be highly disappointed. A situation like Zimmer/Garoppolo is not what I’m hoping for.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X