Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paton Should Stay And Do More Positive Damage!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Buckeye Bronco View Post

WTH are you talking about? Ohio State is always one of the top schools with players in the NFL every year! Jesus look at how many have been defensive and offensive rookies of the year over the past decade. You don’t know what you’re talking about.
    That's exactly what I was talking about. Someone said that Mac Jones had way more talent around him then Fields had and I'm pointing out that Fields had just as much talent around him at OSU as Mac Jones had. Bama players are coached much better though. Defensively OSU has had a few DROY player over the last 5 years but offensively you have to go back a very long time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post
      Paton can restore faith if he brings in Brian Flores as a DC he can continue where uncle Vic left off I think that's a heck of a coach
      Doubt he becomes a DC, the NFL reporters are already saying he is top interview for a lot of teams that just fired coaches. Nothing about Denver is special enough to take a demotion. If Brian wants to be a head coach, he will be. Bears are interviewing him first. So he could be hired by the end of the week if that goes well.
      sigpic
      Adopted Broncos:
      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

Doubt he becomes a DC, the NFL reporters are already saying he is top interview for a lot of teams that just fired coaches. Nothing about Denver is special enough to take a demotion. If Brian wants to be a head coach, he will be. Bears are interviewing him first. So he could be hired by the end of the week if that goes well.
        No way does he become a DC unless everyone turns him down. His stock is pretty solid right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

No way does he become a DC unless everyone turns him down. His stock is pretty solid right now.
          Especially if he has a good agent. That agent would know he is the hottest candidate right now. Its even being speculated that some teams who haven't fired a coach yet, is considering firing their coach if Flores is available after the playoffs.
          There is no reason to just be like "Well I'll just be a DC".

Fangio is someone who likely goes back to just being a DC. Hell Denver should consider that as an option depending on who they go with at head coach.
          sigpic
          Adopted Broncos:
          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Originally posted by Humberg View Post

I’ll just simply ask, what would your plan be for a quarterback next year? I’ll let your answer make my point.
            Whats your plan?
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Humberg View Post

No. I am admitting Surtain is a good player, reread my post. Just not the one we needed. He’s gravy. We needed a main dish.

Most quarterbacks struggle in their first year. That’s not the point. Even if he doesn’t work out, it’s the philosophy of not drafting quarterback in the first round that I’m against. You gotta keep dipping into that will until you find your guy who’s going to lead your football team.
              Look where that got Elway.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos1963 View Post

I'm kind of jumping into your conversation but I think I understand your point: putting the very top emphasis on getting a QB, with repeated 1st round picks until finding "the guy."

I think it's obvious Paton has a different approach which says if there isn't a QB that he believes in, choose a player he believes has very high success potential. This is "best player available" over "drafting for need." Her simply didn't believe in Fields or Jones.

So far, Fields hasn't looked good. Jones is a surprise, in a perfect spot, but wasn't that highly coveted during the draft. At this point, after a single year, I'm willing to give Paton a pass and see if he has a plan for year 2.
                He doesnt need a pass. He landed 2 impact players, and hit on several others that may very well be starters next year, or at the very least bring top quality depth....

we needed those things. paton delivered. Now the real question is....was that an abberation, or the norm? We wont know for at least a few years.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                  Go big or keep DL and/or go minor (Cousins, Jimmy G, Baker) and see what happens next draft.
                  this is what I honestly expect to happen.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Pruke View Post
                    Back to Patons ‘damage’ - he’s methodically killing off our dead branches - shame on him
                    Yes! I was watching the post Vic fired pressers and Paton is aware there are some problems inside the Broncos franchise in explaining why we been struggling.

To Paton killing off more dead branches and not just in the coaching staff.

Lets Ride!

Comment

• Yes he did more damage today.....The Positive Kind!!

Lets see:
                      • Has a great first draft
                      • Trades Von for a 2nd and 3rd, and possibly gets him back (even if not, it was a smart deal)
                      • Goes after our #1 need with gusto, and lands one of the league's best leaders! And lets give him more kudos, because I sense he had to work on 2 major deals simultaneously, for Wilson and Rodgers. That would be a very complex undertaking.
                      I love this guy's work so far. I can't wait to see what FA and The Draft will get us.

Comment

• Given the last half dozens years, I no longer am looking at FA and The Draft the same way. I used to hope for certain players/positional moves. Now, because of my confidence in our GM, I look forward to what he does next.

The analogy I use....when I had a financial advisor who I was not fully confident in, I would look around and offer ideas to him. With the person we have now, who makes every decision, and who has a good track record, I stand back and accept the path we take. I accept the path Paton is taking us, and unless he does something that makes no sense to me, I'm all in. And I highly doubt he's going to let us down.

Comment

• Paton deserves tons of credit. He got a 2nd and 3rd for Von. As of now, we are in the exact same situation with Von if we kept him with Von being a free agent. If we can resign Von or not seems to be exactly the same if we didn't trade him, based on his recent comments. We got an extra 2 and 3 which helps offset the Wilson trade.

Comment

• According to Mike Kliss, including the draft picks, Paton traded 36 million in cap space with Wilson costing 24 million, for a net gain of 12 million in cap space for the Broncos.

Comment

• Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
                              According to Mike Kliss, including the draft picks, Paton traded 36 million in cap space with Wilson costing 24 million, for a net gain of 12 million in cap space for the Broncos.
                              They're working on an extension for Wilson as well, which I'm guessing will lower his 2022 cap number even further. The new TV contracts kick in for 2023 so we'll be seeing big jumps in the cap in the next few years, I'm guessing they'll use that to ensure Wilson's contract grows with the cap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

They're working on an extension for Wilson as well, which I'm guessing will lower his 2022 cap number even further. The new TV contracts kick in for 2023 so we'll be seeing big jumps in the cap in the next few years, I'm guessing they'll use that to ensure Wilson's contract grows with the cap.
                                That’s why you hire a Paton / to do smart things that maximize damage
                                Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

Comment

Working...
                                X