Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paton Should Stay And Do More Positive Damage!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
    According to Mike Kliss, including the draft picks, Paton traded 36 million in cap space with Wilson costing 24 million, for a net gain of 12 million in cap space for the Broncos.
    We have 26 mil in cap space now. I remember it bring more
    Let's Ride!

Comment

• The Wilson move was a masterful stroke. Combined with the Von trade it does not even hurt as much as it could have. We still have a 2nd and 2 thirds this year.
      Let's Ride!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

We have 26 mil in cap space now. I remember it bring more
        Part of the $12 million in cap space created hasn't been realized yet because it includes what the first and second round picks would cost against the cap this year. So in all it will be $12 million, but it's not there yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

Part of the $12 million in cap space created hasn't been realized yet because it includes what the first and second round picks would cost against the cap this year. So in all it will be $12 million, but it's not there yet.
          Having that extra cap space should help in FA.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

They're working on an extension for Wilson as well, which I'm guessing will lower his 2022 cap number even further. The new TV contracts kick in for 2023 so we'll be seeing big jumps in the cap in the next few years, I'm guessing they'll use that to ensure Wilson's contract grows with the cap.
            It's great to have solid front office in place from top to bottom. I really like how Paton and company manage the salary cap.
            sigpic

Comment

• We have a 2nd and 2 3rds… I’m so stoked for this off season!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Salutethis View Post
                We have a 2nd and 2 3rds… I’m so stoked for this off season!!!
                Don't forget the two 4ths, #113 & #114.
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Maybe we can sign Von and then trade him for another couple of picks.

Comment

• I was just thinking about us being a "have" team, which I mentioned elsewhere, but not only because we now have a legit starting QB, but because in my mind, we have a very legit GM as well.

Just like you need confidence and faith in your QB, same applies with your GM. If your QB is pretty good but makes poor decisions now and again, it can be concerning. Same goes for the GM. GMs can not make many errors, because they can be very costly. Plus they need to be visionary, understand finances, and strengths and weaknesses of their team, and have a roadmap and actions items that will ensure they have the right resources throughout their team/organization in the short and long term. There's more to it then that of course.

But from what I see, after careful assessment, is a GM in Denver that is worthy of my trust and support. It's becoming a little repetitive, but he had a great first draft. And a solid trade that involved Von (who we could actually get back and keep the draft picks). And then the big move for Wilson. I'm giving him a solid "A" in year one.

So instead of hoping we select certain players in FA and the draft, this year I feel more inclined to sit back and watch what Paton does, rather than expect specific acquisitions. This year for sure. Just get out some popcorn and a cold drink and watch it unravel.

This is going to be fun folks, and we've only just begun!
                    Last edited by CanDB; 03-13-2022, 12:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Plenty of ammo to trade up in the draft.
                      sigpic

Comment

• I wanted Von back, but not at 6 years for $120M.

Comment

• Paton is doing a bang up job. If he lands Wagner, I’ll be awe struck.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
                            Paton is doing a bang up job. If he lands Wagner, I’ll be awe struck.
                            I want Wagner!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

I want Wagner!!!!!!!

Me too. Talk about an excellent ILB.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post

Me too. Talk about an excellent ILB.
                                IMO, if we land him, our D is close to being set. We can add more in FA, and definitely in the draft. Dbacks, another pass rusher. But absolutely solid!

That leaves a little O fixer upper, including a right tackle, and maybe a weapon. Again, the draft alone will get us there.

This is the last big FA move I am hoping for, and anything else is another shot of whipping cream on top.

Comment

Working...
                                X