Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paton Should Stay And Do More Positive Damage!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    Organization's decisions past 5 years have set is back, that said the organization's decisions have put us in a position to play a meaningful game in December and a shot at first place in the AFC West.

Bears organization to draft Fields has resulted in him going 2-6 while completing 58% of hos passes with a 4 td 8 int's. I will take our organization over that pick.

If you want to say we would be just like the Pats if we took Jones, fair enough. I'm happy with Surtain and believe we would beat the Pats.
    I don't think it takes too much to see that the primary cause of Fields' struggles is the poor state of the Bears' franchise. If he and Jones were in the others position, I have no doubt Fields would be having success while Jones would be struggling just as much.

And my point is that until we get a quarterback, we won't compete for a championship. That is what matters. Just playing a meaningful game in December is a low bar for expectations.

Surtain, Simmons, Sutton, Jeudy, Chubb, Javonte....all great players....yet we are only 1 game over .500 and have really bad losses (Raiders in their first game after the Gruden fiasco, a Browns team missing their starting quarterback and top 2 running backs, and a bad Eagles team).....and that's because we don't have a competent quarterback. You can have all these guys but if you don't have a quarterback, it doesn't matter more often than not how good the rest of the team is.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

OK....thanks for responding. And I did not mean to say that you were listening to the experts about Jones, but he's the #1 rookie QB as we speak, and so all those who dismissed him because of his lower upside maybe did not respect what he brought on day one. Because I watch other rookie QBs, even 2nd year types, and they look less polished. So whether it's his previous or current coaching, or the system/team he came from, it's still on him to execute in The NFL. And though I am not a pats fan, he has been an important piece of their puzzle. As a rookie of all things.

Given you did not want Rodgers, Ryan or Watson, and seemed unsure about Wilson's take on us, AND you did not want to draft till round 3 at the earliest, I was not sure who was starting next year. And Foles does not excite me at this point.
      No problem and I didn't think that at all.

Sometimes its hard to put all my thoughts into writing and written words don't allow for context of how they are meant to be said.

For what it's worth, I would prefer Mac Jones over any of the quarterbacks coming out next year.

I think Russell Wilson does prefer New York but the Jets just drafted their own Wilson (Zach) and I think we can sell him that we're the better destination. He's been upset with the offensive line in Seattle and the Giants is not any better. We have a solid offensive line, great receivers and Javonte Williams. Throw in that we most likely will have a new OC, possibly a new coaching staff that's offensives oriented and it might be tempting for him to come here.
      Last edited by sra84; 11-30-2021, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

Foles would keep us where we are.
        I think some of the takes on Mac forgets that if you have the right ability in the right places, you don't need legs. Manning wasn't a runner. When he ran, it was like watching someone who has never ran a day in his life. Same for Brady. You don't necessarily need to be a dual threat QB, it helps especially on teams with bad OLs, so if a play breaks down, you're a threat. But teams with good coaches, a solid OL, and passable weapons. You can be a Mac Jones, a Brady, a Manning, a Stafford.
        I had said I don't want to go down that road of bringing in another journeyman vet.....I only said I'd prefer Foles IF we did. I'd rather try to get Wilson from Seattle.

Today's NFL is different. Aside from Brady, who has a great offensive line, the top quarterbacks (Mahomes, Rodgers, Wilson, Allen, Jackson, Watson) all have great mobility.

Even the younger guys and top rookies, who are the considered the up and coming (Burrow, Herbert, Lawrence, Fields, Lance) all have mobility.

It also brings an element to the offense that makes it harder on the defense.

It was a big part of Elway's game....and I know we all enjoyed that.

Comment

Originally posted by sra84 View Post

No problem and I didn't think that at all.

Sometimes its hard to put all my thoughts into writing and written words don't allow for context of how they are meant to be said.

For what it's worth, I would prefer Mac Jones over any of the quarterbacks coming out next year.

I think Russell Wilson does prefer New York but the Jets just drafted their own Wilson (Zach) and I think we can sell him that we're the better destination. He's been upset with the offensive line in Seattle and the Giants is not any better. We have a solid offensive line, great receivers and Javonte Williams. Throw in that we most likely will have a new OC, possibly a new coaching staff that's offensives oriented and it might be tempting for him to come here.
          Sounds good. No worries about communication online...I think I'm a decent writer, but I can confuse with the best of them.

This QB thing....I hope we can stop talking about it soon, other than good things.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tgkksj4xj2ba.png
Views:	111
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	8387169

Comment

I don't think it takes too much to see that the primary cause of Fields' struggles is the poor state of the Bears' franchise. If he and Jones were in the others position, I have no doubt Fields would be having success while Jones would be struggling just as much.

And my point is that until we get a quarterback, we won't compete for a championship. That is what matters. Just playing a meaningful game in December is a low bar for expectations.

Surtain, Simmons, Sutton, Jeudy, Chubb, Javonte....all great players....yet we are only 1 game over .500 and have really bad losses (Raiders in their first game after the Gruden fiasco, a Browns team missing their starting quarterback and top 2 running backs, and a bad Eagles team).....and that's because we don't have a competent quarterback. You can have all these guys but if you don't have a quarterback, it doesn't matter more often than not how good the rest of the team is.
            Or could it be that Ohio State made him look better than he is.
            Kid holds on the ball to long, and is fragile two things you dont want in a Qb.

Yeah if we just find a Qb all will be healed yet the Chargers and Herbert are also 6-5
            Last edited by 58Miller; 11-30-2021, 03:00 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Sounds good. No worries about communication online...I think I'm a decent writer, but I can confuse with the best of them.

This QB thing....I hope we can stop talking about it soon, other than good things.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tgkksj4xj2ba.png
Views:	111
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	8387169
              100% agree!

Comment

Or could it be that Ohio State made him look better than he is.
                Here we go, never Fields fault! Kid holds on the ball to long, and is fragile two things you dont want in a Qb.

Yeah if we just find a Qb all will be healed yet the Chargers and Herbert are also 6-5
                I didn't say Fields is perfect and it's never his fault.

As an Ohio State fan, I watched every game. He was what made that offense go. It wasn't Ohio State that made him. In case you forgot, he was the reason they destroyed Clemson and made it to the National Champion game.

He's not fragile, he's just taken a beating behind one of the worst offensive lines in the league. Also, he took a big shot and played through it in the college playoff game against Clemson. The dude is tough.

And his holding on to the ball too long is something he can improve on....he is a rookie. Remember Lock did the same yet lots of people here had no problem giving him a chance to improve.

And you seriously don't think getting a franchise quarterback will make us better? Ok, right.

And who cares about the Chargers?

Comment

I didn't say Fields is perfect and it's never his fault.

As an Ohio State fan, I watched every game. He was what made that offense go. It wasn't Ohio State that made him. In case you forgot, he was the reason they destroyed Clemson and made it to the National Champion game.

He's not fragile, he's just taken a beating behind one of the worst offensive lines in the league. Also, he took a big shot and played through it in the college playoff game against Clemson. The dude is tough.

And his holding on to the ball too long is something he can improve on....he is a rookie. Remember Lock did the same yet lots of people here had no problem giving him a chance to improve.

And you seriously don't think getting a franchise quarterback will make us better? Ok, right.

And who cares about the Chargers?

Sorry bud year 1 of Fields is not good. Doesn't mean he wont eventually, I have zero confidence Shurmur would develop him, he gave up on Lock after one year.
                  Of course a franchise Qb would make us better, but Fields aint the guy. I trust Paton will find the guy.
                  Last edited by 58Miller; 11-30-2021, 03:38 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Of course a franchise Qb would make us better, but Fields aint the guy. I trust Paton will find the guy.
                    Well then we'll just disagree....I think Fields will be a franchise quarterback and you don't....simple as that.

I hope Paton gets us a franchise quarterback. But he has to earn my trust when it comes to quarterback evaluation....because Bridgewater was a waste of time.
                    Last edited by sra84; 11-30-2021, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
                      He’s done well so far. Had to move a lot of pieces this year with all the injuries we’ve had and he’s made some good moves. We’ve had a revolving door on the o-line and at LBer and it’s starting to look like we have some decent pieces to have us contending at least for the division. Hopefully Paton can keep making moves to make Denver even better.
                      I think Paton is just waiting to see how the season plays out before making a decision on the coaching staff. Since Fangio and Co. was not his hire, he is doing his due diligence. In the end, I feel he will bring in the coaching staff HE wants.
                      Also, this upcoming draft will tell a lot in terms of how astute he is as a personnel guy.

Comment

Originally posted by darryn16 View Post

I think Paton is just waiting to see how the season plays out before making a decision on the coaching staff. Since Fangio and Co. was not his hire, he is doing his due diligence. In the end, I feel he will bring in the coaching staff HE wants.
                        Also, this upcoming draft will tell a lot in terms of how astute he is as a personnel guy.
                        I very much agree that Paton is doing the due diligence thing with the coaching staff, and in fairness, needed the year to develop his long term plan. You don't just walk in and start banging down the walls, unless someone directs that of you. I think he was hired for the right reasons, including assessing the state of the union, and what he needs to do to get this team on a winning track, for years to come.

I do think the draft will tell us more about his value to this organization, but I also believe he has done very well with his initial draft....as has been discussed in this thread. For me the more definitive aspects if his game will come down to a few things:
                        1) Who he puts together as coaches//coordinators
                        2) Who he acquires/selects to be our QB for the future
                        3) How he plays his cards in terms of negotiations/trades/drafting (which is a huge part of his job of course)

Comment

Mac knows offenses and can read defenses. Thats a big reason why he is successful. If he couldnt then i doubt bill drafts him. He was pro ready and was my favorite qb that would step right in. If i was drafting someone who needed time it would have been lance. This year im not quite sure yet...
                          Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post
                            Mac knows offenses and can read defenses. Thats a big reason why he is successful. If he couldnt then i doubt bill drafts him. He was pro ready and was my favorite qb that would step right in. If i was drafting someone who needed time it would have been lance. This year im not quite sure yet...
                            Hey pal....I don't know as much about college football as many here, but I think you are correct with regard to both QBs. Interestingly perhaps, after San Fran made the big move up, those were the two QBs named mentioned a lot as the reason why they made the risky move. I thought it would be Jones, but there was a good case for Lance, and after some storylines were presented, Lance did make sense. And my gut is that Lance will be their legit starter within a year, two at most.

Funny with all this talk how Lawrence went from being the most talked about QB and player for so long, and then he just slid into the background a little, as the #1 pick, and yes, starter for The Jags. I am not saying he is forgotten, but it appears that he has been on this trajectory that has almost taken a side story, as if we just all assumed he'd be picked first and then become a starter. Meanwhile the talk about Jones and Fields and Zach and even Lance has continued, while Lawrence just goes to work every week, as a big leaguer. No, not even close to being forgotten, but it's like once we got to know him for what he was going to be, we now almost treat him like a 2nd year QB. That's a credit to him by the way.

Comment

Hey pal....I don't know as much about college football as many here, but I think you are correct with regard to both QBs. Interestingly perhaps, after San Fran made the big move up, those were the two QBs named mentioned a lot as the reason why they made the risky move. I thought it would be Jones, but there was a good case for Lance, and after some storylines were presented, Lance did make sense. And my gut is that Lance will be their legit starter within a year, two at most.

Funny with all this talk how Lawrence went from being the most talked about QB and player for so long, and then he just slid into the background a little, as the #1 pick, and yes, starter for The Jags. I am not saying he is forgotten, but it appears that he has been on this trajectory that has almost taken a side story, as if we just all assumed he'd be picked first and then become a starter. Meanwhile the talk about Jones and Fields and Zach and even Lance has continued, while Lawrence just goes to work every week, as a big leaguer. No, not even close to being forgotten, but it's like once we got to know him for what he was going to be, we now almost treat him like a 2nd year QB. That's a credit to him by the way.
                              Hey Buddy!

Some people forget that these qbs are often drafted by bad teams. Daniel jones went to a horrid giants team that had a terrible offensive line....and coaching. The bears oline is terrible and nagys gameplans leave something to be desired which can happen with a first year coach.

i like paton and what hes done so far. I look forward to what he can do with at the least competant oc and st coaches
                              Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post

Hey Buddy!

Some people forget that these qbs are often drafted by bad teams. Daniel jones went to a horrid giants team that had a terrible offensive line....and coaching. The bears oline is terrible and nagys gameplans leave something to be desired which can happen with a first year coach.

i like paton and what hes done so far. I look forward to what he can do with at the least competant oc and st coaches
                                Exactly, basically what I try to get to when I say how will those QBs play in Denver, a team with bad coaches, an inconsistent to bad OL, and a history of not really being able to develop a QB. Any of those QBs more than likely end up being like Daniel Jones, or Zack Wilson this season, or worst....every QB since Manning in Denver. lol
                                sigpic
                                Adopted Broncos:
                                EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Working...
                                X