Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paton Should Stay And Do More Positive Damage!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post

A win Sunday night would be a good start. He's gonna need his offense to show up.
    Do you think we bring out #7 for this one?

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Do you think we bring out #7 for this one?

He had no problem beating the Chefs!!!
      18-12 record head to head!
      sigpic

Comment

I have not been too vocal about it, but IMO unless we make the playoffs and play really well when we get there, I don't see him as our HC next year. Sure, this game is very important, but I'll give him the opportunity to redeem himself if we finish strong. BUT, my gut tells me he is gone unless he really makes something big happen this year.
        I think he just needs to get the team to the playoffs to retain his job honestly.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

If I recall correctly, since the merger there has not been a draft in which more than three QBs taken in the first round went on to have successful careers with the team that drafted them. This year could break that fifty year trend given that five QBs were picked in the first round, but it will take several years before we know.
          The fabled class of 83 had 5 qb's go in the 1st round. 3 of whom had Hall of Fame careers.

But the other two...Blackledge was a straight up bust. Ken O'Brien, did have a decent career though, even going to the pro bowl a couple times if memory servers. Not a spectacular career by any means, but a reasonably decent one.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sra84 View Post

Broncos 2020 offense points per game- 20.2

Broncos 2021 offense points per game thus far- 20.7

No improvement with Bridgewater.

2020 Broncos defense points per game allowed- 27.9

2021 Broncos defense points per game allowed thus far - 17.8

Our offense is just as inept at scoring as it was with Lock. The Broncos are winning because of the defense surrendering 10 points less per game.
            The defense is better, in part because the offense is on the field a lot more than they were last year.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post

An interesting concept I herd brought up was how does our turnovers ... or lack of this year...affect our defensive scoring?

This year we are 5th best in not turning the ball over. Last year we were the worst in the NFL including worst in Ints.
              Its a significant difference. Consider that with all those turnovers we committed, a lot of them gave the ball to the to other team on our side of the field. A lot of short fields. This year, teams have to consistently drive more of the field just to get into field goal range.

Also consider that the offense isnt having short drives of 6 or 7 plays, nearly as much. And is on the field more time than last year. Giving the defense a breather far more often than last year. Complimentary football is a very real concept.

The offense has a long ways to go, especially at qb, and with coaching. Fix those two things, and I believe we have legitimate playoff team.
              sigpic

Comment

I have not been too vocal about it, but IMO unless we make the playoffs and play really well when we get there, I don't see him as our HC next year. Sure, this game is very important, but I'll give him the opportunity to redeem himself if we finish strong. BUT, my gut tells me he is gone unless he really makes something big happen this year.
                I think we will most likely see a coaching change this offseason.

Unfortunately, I don't really think we will win this weekend. KC in KC is tough to begin with....and Reid is one of the best coming off a bye week.

This game is, to say the least, huge. Biggest game we have played in december since the super bowl win. Basically a playoff game. This month, every game could be like that.

And I am loving it, for as long as it lasts. We as Broncos fans had lived this feeling for decades. Recently, we have not. It's a great feeling to be relevant this time of year again.
                Last edited by MH Stampede; 12-02-2021, 03:48 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post

Unfortunately, I don't really think we will win this weekend. KC in KC is tough to begin with....and Reid is one of the best coming off a bye week.

This game is, to say the least, huge. Biggest game we have played in december since the super bowl win. Basically a playoff game. This month, ever game could be like that.

And I am loving it, for as long as it lasts. We as Broncos fans lived this feeling for decades. Recently, we have not. It's a great feeling to be relevant this time of year again.
                  Exactly....enjoy this ride. It may not end where we want it to, this year, but also enjoy the new faces making themselves known in Denver and the league. In fact, we have a lot of younger players who might be long term stars. Of course you do not have to be a star to be relevant and beneficial to your team.

So yeah, lots of young talent....and if Paton does a good job, it will even be better!

Comment

Are you thinking what I'm thinking???? Hopefully he is faking it a little, which means he wants out, and maybe we can get a reduced rate!

But be careful...

Click image for larger version Name:	quote-when-everyone-agrees-someone-is-not-thinking-george-s-patton-84-3-0332.jpg Views:	0 Size:	46.7 KB ID:	8387273

There is very little chance that Wilson will take a reduced rate, no matter what team he goes to.

Comment

Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post

This game is, to say the least, huge. Biggest game we have played in december since the super bowl win. Basically a playoff game. This month, every game could be like that.

And I am loving it, for as long as it lasts. We as Broncos fans had lived this feeling for decades. Recently, we have not. It's a great feeling to be relevant this time of year again.
                      You sound very close to the voice in my head.

I think if we make the playoffs, Fangio stays. If he ends up missing out do to tiebreaker, maybe he stays. Anything less I expect a coaching change.

I don't expect to win this weekend. Reid is too good off the bye..

But it wouldn't really surprise me either.

KC has been suspect at times even in their win streak. We've shown the ability to really show up at times.

I dunno.

But I am enjoying the ride.

Comment

Bump......

Comment

Originally posted by Allen C View Post

He also had Olave and Wilson who should be 1st round picks in the 2022 draft along with nicholas petit-frere. I'm not dogging Fields because I think he can be good in the NFL but Ohio State isn't hurting for 5 star players, Alabama is coached better to be ready for the NFL.

I do wish that Fields would have stayed at UGA though after Fromm left he could have stayed there.
                          WTH are you talking about? Ohio State is always one of the top schools with players in the NFL every year! Jesus look at how many have been defensive and offensive rookies of the year over the past decade. You don’t know what you’re talking about.

Comment

Love how people defend Paton after losing season with one of the best defenses in the NFL. Also looking at what a QB did on a different team has zero meaning. It’s not static.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye Bronco View Post
                              Love how people defend Paton after losing season with one of the best defenses in the NFL. Also looking at what a QB did on a different team has zero meaning. It’s not static.
                              You bet I am. You don't just walk in and make massive change. Part of it is because you have to assess the organization and the dynamics, which also includes some guidance given to you, which may delay some of your initiatives.

Since then he had a really good draft, made a smart trade, kept the cash situation in good shape, and has not wasted a moment longer to changeover the HC/OC situation. Firing anyone earlier would have been of little value. Technically the team was still alive going into last week.

So far so good for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye Bronco View Post
                                Paton could have come in and fired everyone, and then try to sell a new HC on a team he just took over. That is a hard sale in my opinion, most likely not gonna land a too coach.
                                Paton wisely chose to come in, add an amazing draft class, give the current staff everything they asked for, and observe how the team played, how prepared they were, how they made adjustments, and how they looked in big games.
                                He then made his decision that Fangio who was responsible of the team did not get the job done and let him go.
                                That is the way I believe any upper management position should handle personnel when they come into a new position. Paton now has an idea of what he is looking for in a HC. He can sale the candidates on a team he knows and why they should choose us.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X