Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paton Should Stay And Do More Positive Damage!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    Paton could have come in and fired everyone, and then try to sell a new HC on a team he just took over. That is a hard sale in my opinion, most likely not gonna land a too coach.
    Paton wisely chose to come in, add an amazing draft class, give the current staff everything they asked for, and observe how the team played, how prepared they were, how they made adjustments, and how they looked in big games.
    He then made his decision that Fangio who was responsible of the team did not get the job done and let him go.
    That is the way I believe any upper management position should handle personnel when they come into a new position. Paton now has an idea of what he is looking for in a HC. He can sale the candidates on a team he knows and why they should choose us.
    So you’re saying Paton gave Fangio carte blanche over picks, but then you give Paton the credit.

They drafted some good picks, but passing on Fields was a huge mistake. No matter who’s to blame, as the GM that falls on him no matter the situation. It’s obvious he thought Bridgewater could get it done, which was clearly wrong.

Now the team is one more season removed from grooming a QB and the upcoming draft has very little QB talent. If they go
    with a top veteran that will hamstring the cap for years.
    Last edited by Buckeye Bronco; 01-09-2022, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Paton could have come in and fired everyone, and then try to sell a new HC on a team he just took over. That is a hard sale in my opinion, most likely not gonna land a too coach.
      Paton wisely chose to come in, add an amazing draft class, give the current staff everything they asked for, and observe how the team played, how prepared they were, how they made adjustments, and how they looked in big games.
      He then made his decision that Fangio who was responsible of the team did not get the job done and let him go.
      That is the way I believe any upper management position should handle personnel when they come into a new position. Paton now has an idea of what he is looking for in a HC. He can sale the candidates on a team he knows and why they should choose us.
      You got it!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye Bronco View Post

So you’re saying Paton gave Fangio carte blanche over picks, but then you give Paton the credit.

They draft had some good picks, but passing on Fields was a huge mistake. No matter who’s to blame, as the GM that falls on him no matter the situation. It’s obvious he thought Bridgewater could get it done, which was clearly wrong.

Now the team is one more season removed from grooming a QB and the upcoming draft has very little QB talent. If they go
        with a top veteran that will hamstring the cap for years.
        Where did I say that? I did not say anything like that.

Paton is responsible for the team's draft.

1. Surtain - All rookie team
        2. Javonte - All rookie team
        3. Meinerz - Starter
        4. Browning - Starter
        5. Sterns - Future starter
        6. Cooper - Future Starter

Great draft by Paton, thats what I said.
        sigpic

Comment

That’s implying that he drafted per their personnel desires.

If it isn’t then clarify.

Paton unwisely thought Bridgewater was capable before the draft started. He passed on Fields which was a huge error. Hell, there were people defending the poor choice by saying Rodgers was coming to Denver. Now the team still has no legitimate QB.

Comment

That’s implying that he drafted per their personnel desires.

If it isn’t then clarify.

Paton unwisely thought Bridgewater was capable before the draft started. He passed on Fields which was a huge error. Hell, there were people defending the poor choice by saying Rodgers was coming to Denver. Now the team still has no legitimate QB.
            Fields was drafted by a playoff team and went 2-8 making Mitchell Trubisky look good.

Paton did a great job in the draft in my opinion. Lets agree to disagree. I like the players he brought in.

Fangio did a bad job as a head coach, and got fired.

Our team didn't make the playoffs but Paton's player additions made this team better.

sigpic

Comment

I think the guy had a solid draft (I personally hate drafting CB in the first round for teams that have so many more important holes to fill). Surtain may very well be the best CB in the league one day, and that does not excite me at all. Williams was far and away his best pick/move. Meinerz looks to have some talent, but is still very raw. I don't think Browning is an upgrade over the injured players he replaced, Sterns looks like he is going to be a good replacement for Jackson. Overall I give his draft a B.

I am also worried about his reported conservatism in making trades. In particular when looking for a QB. The reported lowball offer to the Lions, and bringing in Teddy is not a good look. I give him a D for that, but I'm willing to hold out judgment on that, as it was a bad situation with very few potential ways out of it. I'll be crossing my fingers this offseason.

However, I currently am giving him an A for firing Vic. I honestly think he wanted to find some way to keep him on in some capacity, but when he realized that wasn't going to happen he made what I'm sure was a tough (but correct) move for him.

Overall I think he's been solid so far. I give him a B.
              Last edited by broncojuan; 01-09-2022, 11:10 AM.
              Bring Back ORANGE Sunday!!!

Tim Tebow combines the intensity of Ray Lewis with the throwing ability of... Ray Lewis.

"It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word."-Andrew Jackson

sigpic

Comment

Fields was drafted by a playoff team and went 2-8 making Mitchell Trubisky look good.

Paton did a great job in the draft in my opinion. Lets agree to disagree. I like the players he brought in.

Fangio did a bad job as a head coach, and got fired.

Our team didn't make the playoffs but Paton's player additions made this team better.
                The Bears would not make the playoffs this year with any QB. Keep trying to make your flawed argument. There are many teams that made the playoffs one year that flop the next.

They have one of the worst offensive lines in the league, they didn’t allow Fields to practice with the first team until after the start of the regular season. Lastly, it’s not like they’re littered with talent at skilled positions either. If they were so great other than Fields then Dalton wouldn’t have been benched.

Whether you or Paton like it, he will be linked to this misjudgment and mismanagement.

Comment

The Bears would not make the playoffs this year with any QB. Keep trying to make your flawed argument. There are many teams that made the playoffs one year that flop the next.

They have one of the worst offensive lines in the league, they didn’t allow Fields to practice with the first team until after the start of the regular season. Lastly, it’s not like they’re littered with talent at skilled positions either. If they were so great other than Fields then Dalton wouldn’t have been benched.

Whether you or Paton like it, he will be linked to this misjudgment and mismanagement.
                  Did Fields make the Bears better or worse?
                  sigpic

Comment

Facts are your friend. The Bears are about 2.5 times more likely to lose a game with Fields starting than when they started Tribisky, Dalton or Folles. The Bears' record without Fields this year is 4-2. They are 2-8 with Fields. Tribisky, Dalton and Folles are all bottom tier QBs, yet they win more than the GOAT Fields. A lot more.

Tribisky, Dalton and Folles. But it's the team. Seriously?

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                      You seem to have difficulty grasping the fact all teams and situations are different. Also the fact of development.

He undoubtedly made them better, but that has no bearing on what he could have done elsewhere.

Could he have brought Denver a SB? Probably not, but you know what, they wouldn’t be one more year from developing a franchise QB.

Even with the magnificent draft they didn’t have a winning season. Surtain will not be defensive rookie of the year, and he landed with a good surrounding cast!

Hell, I’d still take Mac Jones or Micah Parsons over him with knowing the outcome.

Comment

I still think we should have taken Fields, but I pretty much wrote him off the second he was drafted by the Bears. They are the worst QB developing team in NFL history. Who is their best QB? Sid Luckman? Who after that, Jim McMahon? No, he had a big mouth, but was actually only average in his day. It's Jay Cutler, who was pretty much a slam dunk, and they ruined him.

Tim Tebow combines the intensity of Ray Lewis with the throwing ability of... Ray Lewis.

"It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word."-Andrew Jackson

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

Facts are your friend. The Bears are about 2.5 times more likely to lose a game with Fields starting than when they started Tribisky, Dalton or Folles. The Bears' record without Fields this year is 4-2. They are 2-8 with Fields. Tribisky, Dalton and Folles are all bottom tier QBs, yet they win more than the GOAT Fields. A lot more.

Tribisky, Dalton and Folles. But it's the team. Seriously?
                          How does this math work? What if he started in place of Lock or Wastewater?

Comment

• Originally posted by broncojuan View Post

I still think we should have taken Fields, but I pretty much wrote him off the second he was drafted by the Bears. They are the worst QB developing team in NFL history. Who is their best QB? Sid Luckman? Who after that, Jim McMahon? No, he had a big mouth, but was actually only average in his day. It's Jay Cutler, who was pretty much a slam dunk, and they ruined him.
                            Were not much better!
                            sigpic

Comment

Were not much better!
                              You are not wrong. But we did do a better job with Cutler than Chicago did. (just a little joke I realize Shurmur and Martz are a far cry from Shanahan)
                              Last edited by broncojuan; 01-09-2022, 11:30 AM.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by broncojuan View Post

You are not wrong. But we did do a better job with Cutler than Chicago did. (just a little joke I realize Shurmur is a far cry from Shanahan)
                                Hey man if he gets the right coach Fields could be a good one. I just didnt see him getting developed by us, so I was glad we took Surtain.

From what I understand Denver did have a medical concern with Fields having epilepsy.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X