Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paton Should Stay And Do More Positive Damage!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    Hey man if he gets the right coach Fields could be a good one. I just didnt see him getting developed by us, so I was glad we took Surtain.

From what I understand Denver did have a medical concern with Fields having epilepsy.
    I will say this; Looking back at it it shouldn't have been a surprise that we didn't take Fields (Parsons is a different matter). Most people realize that one of the things you need to develop a young QB is consistency in the coaching staff (another reason why I think Fields is in trouble). So, by not cleaning house and bringing in his own coach he was basically telling us that Vic had one year to turn it around. Here's hoping we get a Offensive minded coach and a QB he can work with.
    Bring Back ORANGE Sunday!!!

Tim Tebow combines the intensity of Ray Lewis with the throwing ability of... Ray Lewis.

"It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word."-Andrew Jackson

sigpic

Comment

Hey man if he gets the right coach Fields could be a good one. I just didnt see him getting developed by us, so I was glad we took Surtain.

From what I understand Denver did have a medical concern with Fields having epilepsy.
      There is zero truth to your epilepsy statement. So how was Lock's or Bridgewater's development? Do you think they are the future?

Comment

• Originally posted by broncojuan View Post

I will say this; Looking back at it it shouldn't have been a surprise that we didn't take Fields (Parsons is a different matter). Most people realize that one of the things you need to develop a young QB is consistency in the coaching staff (another reason why I think Fields is in trouble). So, by not cleaning house and bringing in his own coach he was basically telling us that Vic had one year to turn it around. Here's hoping we get a Offensive minded coach and a QB he can work with.
        I actually agree with how Paton went about it. He had a lot to digest as a first year GM. He now can sale a new HC on what Denver is all about and possibly land a top guy. Last year he would have struggled to get his guy as a first year GM who had just came to Denver.

I am with you since Kubiak took over our offense has been average at best an given us little confidence. Would love to have an exciting offense to pair with this defense.
        sigpic

Comment

Now the team is one more year behind in developing a franchise QB, and this draft is very light in talent at the position. If they take a veteran, then the team's payroll will be hamstrung. Or they try another retread like Wastewater.

Comment

I actually agree with how Paton went about it. He had a lot to digest as a first year GM. He now can sale a new HC on what Denver is all about and possibly land a top guy. Last year he would have struggled to get his guy as a first year GM who had just came to Denver.

I am with you since Kubiak took over our offense has been average at best an given us little confidence. Would love to have an exciting offense to pair with this defense.
            He could have easily sold that last year...

Comment

• Originally posted by Buckeye Bronco View Post

Now the team is one more year behind in developing a franchise QB, and this draft is very light in talent at the position. If they take a veteran, then the team's payroll will be hamstrung. Or they try another retread like Wastewater.
              Hopefully we move on from Bridgwater and retreads. Seeing Fields in Chicago should make us realize if we do develop a young QB it is gonna take some time and probably one to two more years of missing the postseason.
              sigpic

Comment

• Paton on KOA just now, "we'll ask the next coach how he feels about developing Drew. And we'll also ask him about his knowledge of college QB's and his knowledge of free agent QB's."

Comment

I agree with you. We are in no better position than we were before this season. I'm just saying, if you are going to draft a QB, you need to have the coach to develop a QB in place before he starts to learn the NFL game. I've seen many QB ruined because team management would panic and change coaches if the QB wasn't a pro bowler in their first season. I wanted Fields (he was my choice after Lawrence), but we were not set up to develop a young QB without taking a chance he would have a major regression in year two under a different system.
                  Last edited by broncojuan; 01-09-2022, 11:52 AM. Reason: Forgot to include quote

Tim Tebow combines the intensity of Ray Lewis with the throwing ability of... Ray Lewis.

"It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word."-Andrew Jackson

sigpic

Comment

I agree with you. We are in no better position than we were before this season. I'm just saying, if you are going to draft a QB, you need to have the coach to develop a QB in place before he starts to learn the NFL game. I've seen many QB ruined because team management would panic and change coaches if the QB wasn't a pro bowler in their first season. I wanted Fields (he was my choice after Lawrence), but we were not set up to develop a young QB without taking a chance he would have a major regression in year two under a different system.
                    This is still a flawed position. One, Fields can work in and out of the pocket. Contrary to some beliefs, he's a run second QB even though he runs a 4.4

So no matter the system he could have gotten by. Also, another major issue is the FA/trade value of their pick. Bridgewater is making more than the top CB in the league this year.

There's only one CB in all of the NFL in the top 35 of salaries, that's Ramsey. He's not even in the top 30 BTW.

Comment

This is still a flawed position. One, Fields can work in and out of the pocket. Contrary to some beliefs, he's a run second QB even though he runs a 4.4

So no matter the system he could have gotten by. Also, another major issue is the FA/trade value of their pick. Bridgewater is making more than the top CB in the league this year.

There's only one CB in all of the NFL in the top 35 of salaries, that's Ramsey. He's not even in the top 30 BTW.
                      You will never hear me say PS2 was the right pick. But there are very few QBs who are guaranteed to succeed. In my life it's been John Elway, Andrew Luck, and Trevor Lawrence who were labeled "can't miss." Even Peyton Manning had questions about his arm strength (hard to believe, but many at the time thought Leaf was the better prospect for that reason).

A QBs first year is usually spent learning their offensive system. This is why most struggle so much in year one (unless they run a similar offense in college), and why many are held out for an extended period of time. Years 3-4 are spent learning how to read defenses. If they can get that down, then they can start learning different offenses. When you change coaches (especially after year one) you send your QB right back to square one. Look no further than Lock. Fields is extremely talented, but far from a slam dunk. Like most QB he needed to be developed properly. It doesn't look good right now, and most likely it wouldn't have been any better here. His only real sliver of hope here would have been he probably doesn't start here at all this year.

sigpic

Comment

There is zero truth to your epilepsy statement. So how was Lock's or Bridgewater's development? Do you think they are the future?
                        According to
                        @CharlesRobinson
                        , the reason why the Denver Broncos passed on Chicago Bears QB Justin Fields and didn't draft him was because they were worried about his epilepsy.

https://www.bleachernation.com/bears...-the-epilepsy/

please explain how Fields made the Bears better this season?
                        sigpic

Comment

You will never hear me say PS2 was the right pick. But there are very few QBs who are guaranteed to succeed. In my life it's been John Elway, Andrew Luck, and Trevor Lawrence who were labeled "can't miss." Even Peyton Manning had questions about his arm strength (hard to believe, but many at the time thought Leaf was the better prospect for that reason).

A QBs first year is usually spent learning their offensive system. This is why most struggle so much in year one (unless they run a similar offense in college), and why many are held out for an extended period of time. Years 3-4 are spent learning how to read defenses. If they can get that down, then they can start learning different offenses. When you change coaches (especially after year one) you send your QB right back to square one. Look no further than Lock. Fields is extremely talented, but far from a slam dunk. Like most QB he needed to be developed properly. It doesn't look good right now, and most likely it wouldn't have been any better here. His only real sliver of hope here would have been he probably doesn't start here at all this year.
                          Another day, another Surtain/Fields debate.

I choose to frame it this way. Which one are you:

The risk averse: there’s no sure thing so better not take a chance

The Orange colored glasses: our quarterback room is better than the Bears right now

The perfect is the enemy of good people: we didn’t have the right coaches and situation to develop someone which is why we continued to ignore the most important position in football

The Pipe dreamers: we are gonna get Rogers, Wilson or Watson

The status quo: let’s sign another retread!

The analytics: build through the draft, always, first round quarterback or bust

The unicorn hunters: Tom Brady was drafted in the sixth round…just saying

The loyalists: Drew Lock is a starting quarterback, Drew Lock is a starting quarterback, Drew Lock is a starting quarterback

To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Comment

He could have easily sold that last year...
                            How? This team I just joined is great, come here with me? Maybe he gets a coach but who? And why would they believe him?

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Humberg View Post

The Orange colored glasses: our quarterback room is better than the Bears right now

The perfect is the enemy of good people: we didn’t have the right coaches and situation to develop someone which is why we continued to ignore the most important position in football

The loyalists: Drew Lock is a starting quarterback, Drew Lock is a starting quarterback, Drew Lock is a starting quarterback
                              Which one are you?

I am the one who heard over and over how we blew it not taking Fields. Then I see how Fields did not make the Bears better but apparently he would have made is better?

Surtain did make us better.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Humberg View Post

Interesting.

Can I ask....which one are you?

Comment

Working...
                                X