X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jpark31
    replied
    Originally posted by listopencil View Post
    I'm having visions of CJ Anderson plowing for yardage and getting us into the Red Zone only for Hillman to go in and get stuffed.
    Or run a 20 play drive and have Williams get stuffed in the end, bad play call, Williams was a stud!

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by Bootleg View Post

He more than did his part.

A pity the passing game was inept.
    It takes a really low level of offensive coaching and qb play to not be able to leverage a running game working like that into some easy pass completions

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Javonte came through big time. Not just running and catching but in the first half he lit up a DL on a chip and then made himself available for check down. Been over 10 years since I seen a RB take that job to heart in Denver

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    I may be referring to this topic for a few days or weeks. So I will ask that anything that's not Javonte related, be posted elsewhere.

Great game Javonte!!

Ran tough, even though they were expecting a lot of you. Lots of receiving yardage as well, proving you are a multi threat. 102 rushing yards at 4.4 per carry. 76 receiving yards including a TD. Impressive performance pal!

This one's for you...

Click image for larger version

Name:	WTF1100.2.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	8388921
    Growing up in Canada, we played with a slightly bigger football. Not good when you are young and you do not have big mitts. But I remember seeing my first NFL ball, and thinking how easy it was to throw comparatively. Instantly fell in love. Even the fact it did not have white stripes on it like our ball.

Leave a comment:

• Bootleg
    replied
    Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Can't say Williams didn't do his part...what a stud!!
    He more than did his part.

A pity the passing game was inept.

Leave a comment:

• RocketArm006
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    I may be referring to this topic for a few days or weeks. So I will ask that anything that's not Javonte related, be posted elsewhere.

Great game Javonte!!

Ran tough, even though they were expecting a lot of you. Lots of receiving yardage as well, proving you are a multi threat. 102 rushing yards at 4.4 per carry. 76 receiving yards including a TD. Impressive performance pal!

This one's for you...

JW has star written all over him. I will be watching his development with great enthusiasm.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied

Great game Javonte!!

This one's for you...

Leave a comment:

• RocketArm006
    replied
    It frustrates the heck out of me. JW is obviously an excellent back. Better than MG imo.

Every time he touches the ball, he runs hard, breaks tackles and has excellent quickness.

This coaching staff insists on this weird substitution by series approach that just doesn’t work.

Even as a backup, JW should be seeing way more carries. It took an injury to give him a decent amount of carries and he shined.

I guarantee Shurmur will go right back to his dumb strategy when MG returns.

Leave a comment:

• roushmartin6
    replied
    He's literally the only bright spot on offense

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
    The guy brings it every game. He did his part and more last night.

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    I'm confident that Pookie can handle RB1 duties and gash KC's defense all night long on SNF. If Shurmur copies his gameplan last season against KC and heavily leans on gap-blocking schemes to spring open the run game-- Pookie will dominate. Still not super confident in the rookie on zone runs, since his vision is still raw and he needs a bit more patience behind the LOS. Keep it simple, have Meinerz pull to clear a running lane-- and let 33 do the rest. I'm predicting a big game for Williams.

Also excited to see Boone get his first carries too. He flashed some explosiveness in the brief time he saw the field for Minnesota, so perhaps he can bring a bit of a change of pace from Williams' bruising style.

Also not surprised, but slightly disappointed that a thread dedicated to Williams and discussion about him has one of the first replies complaining about Gordon. Can't go a minute without negativity on here, can't we?
    I'm with ya. Great post!

Leave a comment:

• Gbt31
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    As much as I really like Williams and dislike Gordon's bad timing fumbles I also recognize how good it is to have a two back system. Gordon is productive just makes bad timing fumbles.

Hope we take this opportunity to get more from Williams. Make him more of a featured back. Would also like to see more of Boone. He has been here long enough this is a chance for him to show off his skills.

Really hope Shurmur does not see this as another opportunity to be a pass happy offense against a defense that has been playing pretty good lately. KC has allowed less than 10 points twice in the last 4 games and the other two games were 14 and 17 pts. They had two weeks to prepare. This is not the time for Shurmur to rely on things we do not do very well.

We are the 21st ranked passing offense, 7 teams have given up more sacks than us and only a handful of QBs hold on to the ball longer than Teddy.

This is the kind of game where we run the ball 35+ times.

I have some hope after we got the run TD on 3rd and goal from the 9 that maybe the coaching is seeing what we are good at and has some faith in it.
    I would love for us to consider Isiah Spiller in the 2nd. It wouldn't be a prototypical Lightning/Thunder duality of RB, but it would give us a solid 3 down back with very few flaws(aside from 4.3-4.4 speed) and that BEAST we currently have in Pookie.

Leave a comment:

• HDbroncos02
    replied
    I'm confident that Pookie can handle RB1 duties and gash KC's defense all night long on SNF. If Shurmur copies his gameplan last season against KC and heavily leans on gap-blocking schemes to spring open the run game-- Pookie will dominate. Still not super confident in the rookie on zone runs, since his vision is still raw and he needs a bit more patience behind the LOS. Keep it simple, have Meinerz pull to clear a running lane-- and let 33 do the rest. I'm predicting a big game for Williams.

Also excited to see Boone get his first carries too. He flashed some explosiveness in the brief time he saw the field for Minnesota, so perhaps he can bring a bit of a change of pace from Williams' bruising style.

Also not surprised, but slightly disappointed that a thread dedicated to Williams and discussion about him has one of the first replies complaining about Gordon. Can't go a minute without negativity on here, can't we?

Leave a comment:

• colowoz01
    replied
    For sure we Do have talented Offensive players. Big part going forward will be the game plans devised to utilize their talent. Winner takes the top spot in the AFC West. Go Broncos.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X