Playoff Simulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playoff Simulator

I know all seems lost but there is still a path to the playoffs.

The simulator in the link below allows you to predict the remaining games (for all teams) and automatically calculates final seedings.

Have some fun and keep believing!

https://playoffpredictors.com/Footba...HihXMaz4AGeQqA

I just made a scenario where all the teams I wanted to lose do so and the Broncos actually seem to have better tiebreakers than the Bills week 18.

Problem is this scenario also ends up with KC needing to beat us the last week to get the 1 seed. We can actually still make the playoffs with a loss against KC assuming the right combination of teams lose.
    Lets Ride!

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
      I just made a scenario where all the teams I wanted to lose do so and the Broncos actually seem to have better tiebreakers than the Bills week 18.

Problem is this scenario also ends up with KC needing to beat us the last week to get the 1 seed. We can actually still make the playoffs with a loss against KC assuming the right combination of teams lose.
      Same. Realistically though we will have to beat KC to make it.

Comment

Originally posted by GMTD View Post

Same. Realistically though we will have to beat KC to make it.
        Unfortunately in my scenario we are rewarded with 3 wins in a row by having to play the Chiefs at KC in the 1st round of the playoffs.

The other option is NE @ NE
        Lets Ride!

Comment

Titans fan here. I’ve always liked the Broncos and wish your team well. I was reading the playoff predictions on ESPN today and got intrigued when it said the Broncos have a 1% (or less) chance of making the playoffs. I thought, “I’m going to go to the simulator and see what has to happen.” I figured it out.

Broncos path to the playoffs:

Win out—must win both games.

Week 17
          Must happen:
          Titans over Dolphins
          Browns over Steelers
          Rams over Ravens

Week 18
          Must happen:
          Steelers over Ravens
          Cincinnati over Browns
          Patriots over Dolphins
          Chargers over Raiders

If all that happens then the Broncos are in regardless of what happens in all the other games. (And if any game ends different the Broncos are out)

Comment

Originally posted by spinne1 View Post
            Titans fan here. I’ve always liked the Broncos and wish your team well. I was reading the playoff predictions on ESPN today and got intrigued when it said the Broncos have a 1% (or less) chance of making the playoffs. I thought, “I’m going to go to the simulator and see what has to happen.” I figured it out.

Week 17
            Must happen:
            Titans over Dolphins
            Browns over Steelers
            Rams over Ravens

Week 18
            Must happen:
            Steelers over Ravens
            Cincinnati over Browns
            Patriots over Dolphins
            Chargers over Raiders

If all that happens then the Broncos are in regardless of what happens in all the other games. (And if any game ends different the Broncos are out)
            That's all correct except for week 17 the colts must beat the raiders as well and looks like Wentz is out due to COVID-19 protocols
            sigpic

Comment

Week 17
              Must happen:
              Titans over Dolphins
              Browns over Steelers
              Rams over Ravens

Week 18
              Must happen:
              Steelers over Ravens
              Cincinnati over Browns
              Patriots over Dolphins
              Chargers over Raiders

It is fitting the most unrealistic thing by far in that scenario is the Broncos will win
              Lets Ride!

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post

That's all correct except for week 17 the colts must beat the raiders as well and looks like Wentz is out due to COVID-19 protocols
                I just went to the simulator and it keeps Denver in as the 7th seed whether I give the Colts or Raiders the win in week 17.

Comment

I just went to the simulator and it keeps Denver in as the 7th seed whether I give the Colts or Raiders the win in week 17.
                  I stand corrected, my bad...for some reason I thought the broncos would lose a tiebreaker with the raiders because they swept us
                  sigpic

Comment

It is fitting the most unrealistic thing by far in that scenario is the Broncos will win
                    Gonna call it now. All of that will happen and we'll lose.
                    Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post

Gonna call it now. All of that will happen and we'll lose.
                      Yeah I can see that too...in all honesty those other outcomes are not even that hard to imagine happening if not likely to happen.

Broncos are the one piece of the puzzle that doesn't work haha
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post

Yeah I can see that too...in all honesty those other outcomes are not even that hard to imagine happening if not likely to happen.

Broncos are the one piece of the puzzle that doesn't work haha
                        In all honesty I don't think I want to see this team bumblefart it's way into the playoffs and get trashed by the first opponent it plays.
                        Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

I think it using Div Record as 1st tiebreaker. If Raiders beat the Colts and Lose to Chargers we have same record but it gives Denver the edge.

If Raiders lose to Colts but beat Chargers and have same record it puts the Raiders ahead
                            Lets Ride!

Comment

Working...
                            X