X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post

And those weren't "50/50" drops, we're talking about balls in hand
    Patrick's pass was high he got his hands on it but it was an erratic throw it was high. Fants when he was going across the middle it was thrown behind him he had to stretch behind him to try and haul it in. The Juedy drop that was 100% Juedy no excuses Lock even avoided the sack and made one of the few bright plays of the day. Albert O that's that's tough 50/50 catch and I could be wrong ill have to go back and look but it seemed like there was two defenders on him. It was a tough catch Lock gave him a chance. Having said all that I don't feel like Lock played a great game. You gotta win this especially if your def gives you 3 turnovers.

However I admire that you like the kid so much. He has intangibles but he just isn't franchise worthy he's a backup qb in the nfl. Trout him out for a game or two but no more. You've been adamant stating otherwise. I'm not trolling you this is coming from someone like yourself who's seen all of Locks starts and I don't see the wow factor. I was hyped about Lock after the rookie year thought we had something to build on and then last year happened. Small instances from this year happened. Strong arm bad decision maker and a little inaccurate. He hasn't corrected those in 3 years. How much longer are we supposed to wait? Our talent is being wasted we need a good qb and we'd be a top team in the afc.

Thsts all im saying. However I don't want to keep going back and forth. You feel how you feel I feel how I feel we can respectfully disagree that's cool with you? I'll give you the final word in what you have to say. At the end of the day we're both fans of this team and are passionate about them.
    :go:

Comment

Lock didn’t turn the ball over today.

Yippie….

Coaching staff still sucked. Offense in general still sucked.

Lock is not going to be the starter next year, so I really don’t see what all the fuss is about.
      sigpic

Comment

The fact fans jump on a QB that didn’t look bad and actually threw further then 2 yards every freaking play is the problem with this stupid team. I don’t even start Teddy. Start Drew. Who cares at this point. You’re as bad as this inept head coach if you think the QB was the problem in this game. Maybe if they would’ve ran one more jet sweep they could’ve got the job done.
        2021 Adopt-A-Bronco -- KJ Hamler -- WE ARE!
        Let's Go Broncos, Penguins, Penn State, Guido & Tony Stewart!
        US Navy 8/15/06-CURRENT ~~ EN1(SCW) ~~ ACB-2

Comment

Originally posted by taz1458 View Post
          The fact fans jump on a QB that didn’t look bad and actually threw further then 2 yards every freaking play is the problem with this stupid team. I don’t even start Teddy. Start Drew. Who cares at this point. You’re as bad as this inept head coach if you think the QB was the problem in this game. Maybe if they would’ve ran one more jet sweep they could’ve got the job done.
          Drew was better to watch for sure.
          Raiders shut down our run game today and beat our oline in the pass rush.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by taz1458 View Post
            Yeah Lock wasn't the problem today. His numbers were not dissimilar to that of Carr. He actually played a mature, controlled game and did not make speculative throws.

Perhaps he should have done a bit better turning Raiders turnovers into points. That's a maybe.

The real issue (other than drops) was that we had no rushing yards at all. Jacobs rushed for over 100 yards. That's why the Raiders won and we lost.

The other factor I have discussed on other threads. We can't play pressure football. The drops and the failures to comvert on third downs (1/10 today) are all indicative of a team that doesn't know how to win when the chips are down. That's on the team as a whole and the coaches not one individual player.

Comment

Originally posted by GMTD View Post

Yeah Lock wasn't the problem today. His numbers were not dissimilar to that of Carr. He actually played a mature, controlled game and did not make speculative throws.

Perhaps he should have done a bit better turning Raiders turnovers into points. That's a maybe.

The real issue (other than drops) was that we had no rushing yards at all. Jacobs rushed for over 100 yards. That's why the Raiders won and we lost.

The other factor I have discussed on other threads. We can't play pressure football. The drops and the failures to comvert on third downs (1/10 today) are all indicative of a team that doesn't know how to win when the chips are down. That's on the team as a whole and the coaches not one individual player.
              Yep its the culture, and starts with Fangio! Gotta cut him loose and bring in a coach who will preach winning! Win every block, every tackle, every snap! How many times have we seen the offense throw it short of the sticks hoping for a tackle to get broken then punting and watching a team get first downs and run out the clock? ( last two weeks)
              The current set up is not winning!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post

I go by facts not what ifs and the final Stat line had those as his numbers and I'm still waiting for someone to tell me that the offense moved the ball down into the redzone minus the chubb pick.

I stand by my comment. Who are you going to beat in the nfl with that 153yd 0 td stat line? You better have a darn good running game and def to consistently win putting up those kind of numbers. We need a new qb bottom line if Lock wants to be the back up let him and I pray to the football heavens that he doesn't see the field for a long period of time. Lock put up these numbers last year too as to why I said he wasn't good.

We had a full year to see him. Fair or not covid or not Lock was not good last year. I knew then that we needed a qb and that still holds true today. I count 4 appearances I've seen Lock this year and all 4 times I see why he's the backup. Thank goodness Bridge came back against SD otherwise I would feel like Lock had 4 appearances in a losing effort. Lock could have come in and put doubt on the coaches and seized the starting qb position and he hasn't done it.

No one to blame but him, he had chances especially that game against the Bengals and than today to keep the playoff hopes alive. Nope came up short in a big game. I just don't trust my franchise with him. We need better and you guys should want better for the broncos but if you guys love him that's yalls prerogative and you're entitled to that as being a fan. I'm in the camp that I hope they move on from him. Film don't lie and hes been bad.even when he's been good he ain't been great. You guys say he played good today so we lost and he put those numbers up. Yikes. Ain't beating the chiefs, chargers, raiders with that performance. Division is too good.
                The Broncos passed 22 and rushed 16 plays which debunks the conspiracy about Fangio wanting to “air it out” to test Lock.

Drops are facts and result in lost yards. Sutton not getting his feet down inbounds is a fact and resulted lost yards.

Broncos had 129 yards on offense and beat the Chargers - so much for the claim teams can’t win without a lot of yards.

Comment

Another lock thread. To brag that he didn't turn over the ball. After a division loss. Ending realistic playoff hope.
                  Ridiculously pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos1963 View Post
                    Another lock thread. To brag that he didn't turn over the ball. After a division loss. Ending realistic playoff hope.
                    Ridiculously pathetic.
                    It will be nice when there is a thorough house cleaning and hopefully a new coach, OC, and QB are brought in.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post

It will be nice when there is a thorough house cleaning and hopefully a new coach, OC, and QB are brought in.
                      Totally agree, and add New Ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

The Broncos passed 22 and rushed 16 plays which debunks the conspiracy about Fangio wanting to “air it out” to test Lock.

Drops are facts and result in lost yards. Sutton not getting his feet down inbounds is a fact and resulted lost yards.

Broncos had 129 yards on offense and beat the Chargers - so much for the claim teams can’t win without a lot of yards.

Wait wait wait I see you highlighted that but um did we score 0 tds and win the game??? A td was thrown by Bridgewater. He threw for 129 yds and a td. In that same game Lock screwed up all the momentum throwing for 26yds and a costly int which turned the games momentum around. We also scored like 28 points that game. So surely we got in the redzone which is more than what we did today.

Now if you want to make excuses for a qb make em for a guy like Hebert who unlike Lock actually beat the chiefs...twice Lock has failed miserably against them.

You might can get lucky and win one or two games here and there but unless you're touting out the #1 def like a 00 ravens or 85bears you aren't winning a lot of games????

Bridge threw for fewer yards but he threw a td pass Lock barely managed to get us 3 points. Def is mostly responsible for the score. Them and McManus. I failed to see Locks imprint. Anyways if you like em good for you but bridge and Lock those stats are horrible. A lot of people bash fangio maybe posters should praise him cause he's helping Lock stay in games and even Bridgewater with his def.
                        :go:

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post

Wait wait wait I see you highlighted that but um did we score 0 tds and win the game??? A td was thrown by Bridgewater. He threw for 129 yds and a td. In that same game Lock screwed up all the momentum throwing for 26yds and a costly int which turned the games momentum around. We also scored like 28 points that game. So surely we got in the redzone which is more than what we did today.

Now if you want to make excuses for a qb make em for a guy like Hebert who unlike Lock actually beat the chiefs...twice Lock has failed miserably against them.

You might can get lucky and win one or two games here and there but unless you're touting out the #1 def like a 00 ravens or 85bears you aren't winning a lot of games????

Bridge threw for fewer yards but he threw a td pass Lock barely managed to get us 3 points. Def is mostly responsible for the score. Them and McManus. I failed to see Locks imprint. Anyways if you like em good for you but bridge and Lock those stats are horrible. A lot of people bash fangio maybe posters should praise him cause he's helping Lock stay in games and even Bridgewater with his def.
                          Not convinced you watched the game today. Anyone who watched should have seen the drops by Jeudy, Okwuegbunam and Fant, along with Sutton not keeping his feet inbounds on what would have been a big gain. Patrick had a drop as well. The offense can’t make trips to the red zone when receivers drop passes.

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                            Great post
                            Lock had some bad drops but overall he failed. Gotta score more than 13
                            offense scored 3 on a 45 yard drive other 10 were by the defense

Comment

Lock actually did a really good job with the ball today. I won't lie, I was waiting for an atrocious mistake especially in the second half.

However, what I saw was a guy looking like a playmaker on many occasions while the guys everyone has been hyping up kept letting him down.

The Fant drop is one I can understand, catching a ball that's behind you while running full speed is a crazy difficult play to make. Sutton not getting his toe down, Jeudys drop, the Albert O drop was terrible, and I believe Patrick even dropped a pass. The skill guys did him zero favors today and that's not even mentioning the oline.

The oline is on the coaches, it was evident from the start that we were getting smoked in the middle because of Schlottman. I know I dont have all the info, but could it have really hurt to slide Meirnez inside and put Muti at guard? Gordan was completely ineffective yet we kept letting him lose yards on 1st down and putting us behind schedule. This game was frustrating to watch, but it had very little to do with Lock this time.
                              Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

Originally posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
                                Lock actually did a really good job with the ball today. I won't lie, I was waiting for an atrocious mistake especially in the second half.

However, what I saw was a guy looking like a playmaker on many occasions while the guys everyone has been hyping up kept letting him down.

The Fant drop is one I can understand, catching a ball that's behind you while running full speed is a crazy difficult play to make. Sutton not getting his toe down, Jeudys drop, the Albert O drop was terrible, and I believe Patrick even dropped a pass. The skill guys did him zero favors today and that's not even mentioning the oline.

The oline is on the coaches, it was evident from the start that we were getting smoked in the middle because of Schlottman. I know I dont have all the info, but could it have really hurt to slide Meirnez inside and put Muti at guard? Gordan was completely ineffective yet we kept letting him lose yards on 1st down and putting us behind schedule. This game was frustrating to watch, but it had very little to do with Lock this time.
                                Agreed. Lock wasnt a world beater today, but he didnt play poorly.

The lack of adjustments today, especially by the offense, is truly a telling sign. I mean seriously, we had a hard time running the ball, so what do we do....keep running the same plays that didnt work.

Yes, there were a number of key drops. But the biggest drop, came from the sidelines with the coaches utterly failing to do something to counter what the raiders were doing.

This has happened several times this year. The lack of ingame adjustments to what the opponent is doing.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X