Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IF Lock is/was any good he isn't anymore. This coaching staff has ruined him, especially on the offensive side. His game is not Teddy's, it is clear that Drew is trying to play like Teddy, that won't work for Drew... it doesn't work very well for Teddy! Time to fire this coaching staff!
    sigpic

Comment

This team will continue to be a dumpster fire until they hire a OC that has more imagination than a pee-wee league coach.

Let's review some of this lack of imagination.....

It's 3rd and 7...8...9...12...18...blah blah blah yards for a first down....
      let's throw the ball near the line of scrimmage and hope for the best and keep doing it wishing for eventual success.
      let's throw a swing pass behind the line of scrimmage and hope for the best, and keep doing it wishing for eventual success.
      let's do numerous elementary plays that the opposing defense can easily sniff out, and keep doing them wishing for eventual success.

The dumpster fire is just getting started. Stand back....it's going to get extremely intense and ugly. Sad.
      Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Let it go. On both sides of the argument.

Lock is average at best. Nothing more. Time to play out the season and get into some real change for the team.

Hopefully starting with an OC! Then whatever QB inspires said OC.

Broncos have been stuck in this offensive Purgatory of 17pts a game or less for too long. It predates Shurmur, Bridgewater and Lock. Time to make some philosophical changes. I can only hope Paton and the organization are up to making those decisions.

Season only has a couple meaningless games for entertainment purposes only. Then the house cleaning begins. Then we can start the arguments about how good/ bad the changes to coaches and QBs really impact next season.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

Lock is average at best. Nothing more. Time to play out the season and get into some real change for the team.

Broncos have been stuck in this offensive Purgatory of 17pts a game or less for too long. It predates Shurmur, Bridgewater and Lock. Time to make some philosophical changes. I can only hope Paton and the organization are up to making those decisions.

Season only has a couple meaningless games for entertainment purposes only. Then the house cleaning begins. Then we can start the arguments about how good/ bad the changes to coaches and QBs really impact next season.
          I disagree that Lock is average. He has had zero development. We don't know if hes good or bad.

I agree though. Case Keenum and Joe Flacco were even worse.
          sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post

I disagree that Lock is average. He has had zero development. We don't know if hes good or bad.

I agree though. Case Keenum and Joe Flacco were even worse.
            Well, we know he’s not good. Nobody is going to be ranking Drew Lock as a top 20 QB in the NFL. The bad part is we don’t know how good he could be because he has a coaching staff that has completely given up on the idea of actually coaching him. You know, the
            thing they’re paid millions of dollars to do…
            Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

Tim for you my friend no more Lock talk from me. You're right both sides have beaten the wall as hard as we could. I tried letting it go somewhat yesterday and come today still find myself beating the same wall. I'd love to talk about new coaches or who we might be targeting in the draft or something.

So for you my friend because you're a long time member ya won't hear anymore from me about it from here on out. Regardless of what Lock does or doesn't do the final two games I'll try and enjoy watching the team before the off-season comes.
              :go:

Comment

Learned something this week, Lock is no better than Teddy. 13 points is not a winning score. And VIC, is not making any changes. I came to a conclusion that VIC is way over his head, Thus not ever making any changes within the game, Sad to say this was another doomed season.

If they fail to get a NFL QB to lead this team, and a line to help. The defense and all the talent is going to waste.

Comment

Originally posted by colowoz01 View Post
                  Learned something this week, Lock is no better than Teddy. 13 points is not a winning score. And VIC, is not making any changes. I came to a conclusion that VIC is way over his head, Thus not ever making any changes within the game, Sad to say this was another doomed season.

If they fail to get a NFL QB to lead this team, and a line to help. The defense and all the talent is going to waste.
                  I disagree, and so do a lot of people. There were at least a 6 throws if not more that Teddy cant make that throw. Then the drops....
                  Last edited by CoryWinget81; 12-27-2021, 04:53 PM.
                  sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

I am not knocking the guy, just putting some perspective around it, Drew led the team to just 8 first downs. Apparently our O has been critiqued heavily in terms of what the QB did not do all season, so if that be the standard, 8 first downs represents a weak start. You do not typically win games with 8 first downs. I am pretty sure I have seen drives with as many.

Lets be clear, our starter next season is not on the roster.

Comment

I know posters in general seem to hate PFF but according to a report they had Lock as one of the best rated qb last week.
                      Lets Ride!

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                        I am not knocking the guy, just putting some perspective around it, Drew led the team to just 8 first downs. Apparently our O has been critiqued heavily in terms of what the QB did not do all season, so if that be the standard, 8 first downs represents a weak start. You do not typically win games with 8 first downs. I am pretty sure I have seen drives with as many.

The Raiders sold out to stop the few things this offense has been successful at.

There was no adjustment at all by the coaches on offense to what the Raiders were doing.

There is a reason we were one of the worst teams pts wise last year on offense and this year if we score 25 or less next week it will be even worse even tho by everything I seen a lot of the players on offense seem to have been individually better this year.

The plan by which our team goes by on offense is horrible.
                        Lets Ride!

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                          I know posters in general seem to hate PFF but according to a report they had Lock as one of the best rated qb last week.
                          Just not getting how a QB with a passer rate of 87.9, with no TDs and only 8 first downs could be even middle of the pack. Unless it's because there were so many lousy backup starters. Seriously, it is clear that a group of QBs had much better days than he.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Receivers had drops and failed to make critical plays. Sutton failed to keep his feet in bounds on a long gain - something a guy who signed a $60 million contract should do. Jeudy dropped a crucial pass and even the CBS crew made a point about the ball being right on his hands. Okwuegbunam dropped a pass which was likely the game winning touchdown. Many talk about the great talent on the roster - they failed to execute.

Can’t win football games when receivers fail to do their job. Even Bolles contributed with a timely penalty to kill a drive, followed by a another penalty by Massie. Lock played a solid game.

Comment

Not sure what the point is anymore.

Lock did not suck and did not turn the ball over.

He also showed some of his consistent accuracy issues.

He had an ok game and didn’t really directly cause the loss.

The offense was still inept in general. They still lost the game. They’re still out of contention. The coaching staff still sucks. They’re still going to have a fire sale this offseason.

I agree that Lock wasn’t bad last week. My point of contention is that it really doesn’t matter and we’re arguing about how good lipstick looks on a pig.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
                                Not sure what the point is anymore.

Lock did not suck and did not turn the ball over.

He also showed some of his consistent accuracy issues.

He had an ok game and didn’t really directly cause the loss.

The offense was still inept in general. They still lost the game. They’re still out of contention. The coaching staff still sucks. They’re still going to have a fire sale this offseason.

I agree that Lock wasn’t bad last week. My point of contention is that it really doesn’t matter and we’re arguing about how good lipstick looks on a pig.
                                He completed 68% of his passes, with 4 dropped balls. With just 2 dropped balls he's at 77%, and with none he's 86%.
                                Bring Back ORANGE Sunday!!!

Tim Tebow combines the intensity of Ray Lewis with the throwing ability of... Ray Lewis.

"It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word."-Andrew Jackson

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X