This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

Receivers had drops and failed to make critical plays. Sutton failed to keep his feet in bounds on a long gain - something a guy who signed a $60 million contract should do. Jeudy dropped a crucial pass and even the CBS crew made a point about the ball being right on his hands. Okwuegbunam dropped a pass which was likely the game winning touchdown. Many talk about the great talent on the roster - they failed to execute.

Can’t win football games when receivers fail to do their job. Even Bolles contributed with a timely penalty to kill a drive, followed by a another penalty by Massie. Lock played a solid game.
    As the starting QB, 8 first downs has a lot to do with him as well. As I recall, Bridgewater single handedly lost a number of games according to some. We should be consistent in critiquing players. Like I said, our future QB is not wearing Denver colours as we speak.

I am not against Drew so much as do not feel confident with him. I was hoping we'd win yesterday with him as the leader. He could have made a dent had he made a small comeback last week. And he could have given us a better shot at the playoffs with a win yesterday against an average team. Not all on him....but some is.

Comment

Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
      Not sure what the point is anymore.

Lock did not suck and did not turn the ball over.

He also showed some of his consistent accuracy issues.

He had an ok game and didn’t really directly cause the loss.

The offense was still inept in general. They still lost the game. They’re still out of contention. The coaching staff still sucks. They’re still going to have a fire sale this offseason.

I agree that Lock wasn’t bad last week. My point of contention is that it really doesn’t matter and we’re arguing about how good lipstick looks on a pig.
      Fangio said he wanted Drew to run the teams offense as it was coached and he ran it flawlessly.
      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by broncojuan View Post

He completed 68% of his passes, with 4 dropped balls. With just 2 dropped balls he's at 77%, and with none he's 86%.
        He also has a tendency to throw missile balls high and behind. I said he had a decent game. I also said he did not contribute directly to the loss. Lock doesn’t get a free pass from me. Yes, there were drops. Yes, he had a decent game. He still shows the things that are holding him back. He did not have a stellar game. It was decent and he didn’t turn the ball over. Good, but still not good enough.

My main point still remains. We’re arguing about lipstick on a pig. The team is still an utter mess and out of contention.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post

Fangio said he wanted Drew to run the teams offense as it was coached and he ran it flawlessly.
          Fangio and Shurmur stink to high heaven. That has been well established. So yes, in a very backhanded manner, Lock ran Shurmur’s lame offense. I did day Lock had a decent game and didn’t directly cause the loss.

My main point still remains. It doesn’t really matter because we still lost, we still have a lame duck coaching staff, they’re still out of contention and all of them probably won’t be here next year.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Just not getting how a QB with a passer rate of 87.9, with no TDs and only 8 first downs could be even middle of the pack. Unless it's because there were so many lousy backup starters. Seriously, it is clear that a group of QBs had much better days than he.

Point is all things considered Lock had a better than usual day when looking at his development. Not his fault lots of passes dropped. Not his fault OL got blown up on several plays.

Not saying I am ready to call him starter for 2022 but recognizing some signs of growth when talking about 1+ game of work.
            Lets Ride!

Comment

As the starting QB, 8 first downs has a lot to do with him as well. As I recall, Bridgewater single handedly lost a number of games according to some. We should be consistent in critiquing players. Like I said, our future QB is not wearing Denver colours as we speak.

I am not against Drew so much as do not feel confident with him. I was hoping we'd win yesterday with him as the leader. He could have made a dent had he made a small comeback last week. And he could have given us a better shot at the playoffs with a win yesterday against an average team. Not all on him....but some is.
              Consistency in evaluating games isn’t as simple as, “They both lost therefore they both played poorly”.

Just take the two game vs Raiders - Bridgewater had 3 INTs and a fumble turnover, while Lock had no turnovers. Receivers dropped balls including a game winning touchdown throw to Okwuegbunam. A game winning throw by Lock dropped by Okwuegbunam is completely different than Bridgewater throwing an INT to end the game vs Steelers with respect to quarterback play.

Comment

Fangio and Shurmur stink to high heaven. That has been well established. So yes, in a very backhanded manner, Lock ran Shurmur’s lame offense. I did day Lock had a decent game and didn’t directly cause the loss.

My main point still remains. It doesn’t really matter because we still lost, we still have a lame duck coaching staff, they’re still out of contention and all of them probably won’t be here next year.
                Yes, changes will be made. At this point, even with talent, we seem to have difficulty putting it all together. And I am not giving the players a complete pass either. Heck, we could be in a much worse place with injuries/covid. The Ravens were down over 30 players this week!

Comment

Yes, changes will be made. At this point, even with talent, we seem to have difficulty putting it all together. And I am not giving the players a complete pass either. Heck, we could be in a much worse place with injuries/covid. The Ravens were down over 30 players this week!
                  It’s pretty tough to stomach and it makes it all pretty pointless. It’s extremely difficult to get excited about a team when you know there’s a big buzz saw waiting for them at the end of yet another underwhelming season.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

Consistency in evaluating games isn’t as simple as, “They both lost therefore they both played poorly”.

Just take the two game vs Raiders - Bridgewater had 3 INTs and a fumble turnover, while Lock had no turnovers. Receivers dropped balls including a game winning touchdown throw to Okwuegbunam. A game winning throw by Lock dropped by Okwuegbunam is completely different than Bridgewater throwing an INT to end the game vs Steelers with respect to quarterback play.
                    Not really interested in comparing two QBs that will not start next year in Denver. This is about Lock's performance. Some say he did well, but the stats do not really verify that. Players drop balls pretty much every game in The NFL. I've seen players drop close to 10 balls and the QB still wins.

I don't see any reason to justify Lock's performance one way or the other. It is almost irrelevant at this point. We lost and he was the QB. And I am certainly not going to blame him for singlehandedly losing it. But he was part of the group.

Comment

Not really interested in comparing two QBs that will not start next year in Denver. This is about Lock's performance. Some say he did well, but the stats do not really verify that. Players drop balls pretty much every game in The NFL. I've seen players drop close to 10 balls and the QB still wins.

I don't see any reason to justify Lock's performance one way or the other. It is almost irrelevant at this point. We lost and he was the QB. And I am certainly not going to blame him for singlehandedly losing it. But he was part of the group.
                      Stats don’t show what was easy for most to see, which was supposedly talented receivers dropping catchable passes. Jeudy was hyped as the best receiver in his draft class and he’s borderline bust until he can prove otherwise. Even the CBS crew called him out for a drop which would have extended a drive. Does anyone believe Josh Allen would be as good without Stefon Diggs? There isn’t a receiver on the Broncos even close to the caliber of Diggs.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Point is all things considered Lock had a better than usual day when looking at his development. Not his fault lots of passes dropped. Not his fault OL got blown up on several plays.

Not saying I am ready to call him starter for 2022 but recognizing some signs of growth when talking about 1+ game of work.
                        That's cool. Ok game. Nothing special. Could be our backup next year.

Comment

He also has a tendency to throw missile balls high and behind. I said he had a decent game. I also said he did not contribute directly to the loss. Lock doesn’t get a free pass from me. Yes, there were drops. Yes, he had a decent game. He still shows the things that are holding him back. He did not have a stellar game. It was decent and he didn’t turn the ball over. Good, but still not good enough.

My main point still remains. We’re arguing about lipstick on a pig. The team is still an utter mess and out of contention.
                          That is exactly what we are arguing!
                          Next year Teddy or Lock will be gone. Teddy has value to coach up some young stud, whereas Lock is a cheap backup if er get a Wilson, Rodgers....

Comment

That's cool. Ok game. Nothing special. Could be our backup next year.
                            Do you think backup is a good idea?

I feel like Drew needs a completely new start elsewhere. First, his presence in the locker room must bring certain emotions/thoughts from the other players. I think it would be best to remove that aspect. Also, if he is ever going to revive his career, even as a backup, I think it needs to be in a new city. Just my thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos1963 View Post

Do you think backup is a good idea?

I feel like Drew needs a completely new start elsewhere. First, his presence in the locker room must bring certain emotions/thoughts from the other players. I think it would be best to remove that aspect. Also, if he is ever going to revive his career, even as a backup, I think it needs to be in a new city. Just my thoughts.
                              Actually I agree with you. I was not overly thinking when I made the comment. A fresh start might do him a world of good. Different coaches, different atmosphere. He may thrive elsewhere. Not saying he will be a pro bowler in future, but he is young and has some solid skills. You can't teach zipping a pass like that.

Comment

Actually I agree with you. I was not overly thinking when I made the comment. A fresh start might do him a world of good. Different coaches, different atmosphere. He may thrive elsewhere. Not saying he will be a pro bowler in future, but he is young and has some solid skills. You can't teach zipping a pass like that.
                                That's my hope for him. I'm of the opinion that his mental game is too limited for the NFL. But, I like the kid and his only chance is a new start. He certainly has some physical ability. Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                                X