Rodgers, Adams and Nathaniel Hackett to Denver in 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rodgers, Adams and Nathaniel Hackett to Denver in 2022

I've seen this a few times now. Projected that Denver trades 2 1st round picks and Jeudy to GB for Rodgers then signs Adams and brings Hackett in as HC.

I have to say I would be completely on board with that legendary move. If we can get a Rodgers trade done for that price I'll gladly give up Jeudy and sign Adams while keeping the 2 2nd and 3rd round picks this year. Adams , Sutton and Patrick would be unstoppable with Rodgers at QB.

Then use a 2nd on a RT like Lucas, Jaxson, Faalale and the other 2nd on Ridder or Strong and let them sit behind Rodgers for a few years, but giving up only a 1st this year and next won't mortgage the future either. They could easily trade our 2nd this year and either a player or another pick for a 1st next year and recoup the lost 1st round pick.

2 1sts and Jeudy? pfsh, sign me up
    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

No brainer if it can be pulled off

Comment

It doesn't matter who GB wants in return. You give them who they want and get the deal done.

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
          It doesn't matter who GB wants in return. You give them who they want and get the deal done.
          everyone keeps saying "we'll be right back here after he retires just like Manning", and I disagree. This team needs a culture shock, and it needed it yesterday. Getting Aaron Rodgers fast forwards your locker room development exponentially the moment he walks through the door.

I'd say that 3 first rounders would be pushing it. but even then I'd be on board. This team is on life support.
          sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post

everyone keeps saying "we'll be right back here after he retires just like Manning", and I disagree. This team needs a culture shock, and it needed it yesterday. Getting Aaron Rodgers fast forwards your locker room development exponentially the moment he walks through the door.

I'd say that 3 first rounders would be pushing it. but even then I'd be on board. This team is on life support.
            What is the difference of the “culture shock” that Manning brought to the locker room ( including a SB) to the decline the Broncos have experienced?

Rodgers or Wilson or any other short term plan old QB has a couple year run and then it depends on the QB plan of replacement. Hopefully Paton does a much better job of finding a suitable QB instead of the mistakes we have be subjected to the past five years.

Not a fan of using so much draft assets for a short run but I’m so tired of this crap being run out on the field the past couple years I’m willing to accept anything for 24 pts a game.

Most important for the culture is going to be the coaching hires. The HC and Coords will determine the culture. Especially if the Broncos can finally find quality coaching that will be consistent for several years instead of the inconsistency and instability that has dragged the culture down to where they are now. A bad organization and bad team

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

What is the difference of the “culture shock” that Manning brought to the locker room ( including a SB) to the decline the Broncos have experienced?

Rodgers or Wilson or any other short term plan old QB has a couple year run and then it depends on the QB plan of replacement. Hopefully Paton does a much better job of finding a suitable QB instead of the mistakes we have be subjected to the past five years.

Not a fan of using so much draft assets for a short run but I’m so tired of this crap being run out on the field the past couple years I’m willing to accept anything for 24 pts a game.

Most important for the culture is going to be the coaching hires. The HC and Coords will determine the culture. Especially if the Broncos can finally find quality coaching that will be consistent for several years instead of the inconsistency and instability that has dragged the culture down to where they are now. A bad organization and bad team
              The difference was Elway failing to find a replacement. He had 4 solid years to plan for Manning's exit, and the best he came up with was Brock Osweiler, Paxton Lynch and Trevor Siemian.

Real recognize real. When Aaron walks in your locker room there's no doubt who the man is. There's no doubt who everyone is looking to, to set the standard because they know he's a winner. Players start holding themselves to higher standards and striving harder for perfection because they know they got a guy that can get you there. That's what I mean by culture shock. Right now its a bunch of losers pointing fingers at each other arguing about who is worse at being terrible.

Like Shelby Harris, did you hear his presser? That mans heart is broken. "We keep saying we're gonna turn it around and it never happens".
              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

It’s fun to imagine a blockbuster trade. It would be super exciting and it would launch you into instant playoff contention.

I’m simply not going to hang all my hopes on that playing out. I mean, the scenario of 2 1st and Jeudy is way too low. The price will be much higher and there will be several teams in the mix. I’m all for paying the price to pull it off, but it does add to the unlikelihood.

This is a monumental offseason for the Broncos. There’s going to be staff turnover, different QB, ownership developments. It’s going to be huge.

I’m very excited to watch it unfold. I’d be all in on a blockbuster QB, However, I realize there’s a good chance that won’t happen, so I’m not going to become a dejected fan based solely on a HOF QB trade.

There a great many scenarios that I would be satisfied with. There are also a great many scenarios that I would dislike. A lot of moving parts this offseason. I’m hoping many chips fall our way.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                  Rodgers or Wilson or any other short term plan old QB has a couple year run and then it depends on the QB plan of replacement.

Russell Wilson is 33 years old. He'll turn 34 next November. I would expect him to be able to play for anywhere from 3 to possibly 5 more seasons.
                  Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

The difference was Elway failing to find a replacement. He had 4 solid years to plan for Manning's exit, and the best he came up with was Brock Osweiler, Paxton Lynch and Trevor Siemian.

Real recognize real. When Aaron walks in your locker room there's no doubt who the man is. There's no doubt who everyone is looking to, to set the standard because they know he's a winner. Players start holding themselves to higher standards and striving harder for perfection because they know they got a guy that can get you there. That's what I mean by culture shock. Right now its a bunch of losers pointing fingers at each other arguing about who is worse at being terrible.

Like Shelby Harris, did you hear his presser? That mans heart is broken. "We keep saying we're gonna turn it around and it never happens".
                    Not arguing with the strategy. At the moment the Broncos have no identity, no marquee player or evident plan going forward.

This off season will (hopefully should) reveal quite a bit about the strategy moving forward on many key areas.

Broncos look to be on the precipice of a major transition. Changes to Ownership, coaches, starting QB, use of significant Cap money are all on the table. How the Broncos play the hand is going to wild to watch.

Comment

All the talking heads are saying Adams going to Vegas if Rodgers leaves GB . Carr and Adams are best buds.

Comment

Rodgers and Adams are not leaving Green Bay, I wish people would quit with this pipe dream. It ain’t happening. If it did, it would take 2-3 first rounders, a couple 2nd rounders, and a player like Jeudy, again, not happening.
                        Also, Rodgers will want to be the highest paid QB in the league at over 40 million per, and Adams will want to be the highest paid WR in the league at over 25 mill per. It will never happen.
                        Rodgers, Wilson, and Watson arent coming here. Hate to break it to everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                          Rodgers and Adams are not leaving Green Bay, I wish people would quit with this pipe dream. It ain’t happening. If it did, it would take 2-3 first rounders, a couple 2nd rounders, and a player like Jeudy, again, not happening.
                          Also, Rodgers will want to be the highest paid QB in the league at over 40 million per, and Adams will want to be the highest paid WR in the league at over 25 mill per. It will never happen.
                          But his neckbones!

I'd like to pat myself on the back as one of the OGs who had to face this with Peyton too. Got called every name in the book, sometimes twice.

Where theres smoke theres fire.
                          sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

But his neckbones!

I'd like to pat myself on the back as one of the OGs who had to face this with Peyton too. Got called every name in the book, sometimes twice.

Where theres smoke theres fire.
                            The Peyton scenario was quite different. He was a free agent, Rodgers is not. Green Bay doesn’t want to let him go and he does not want to leave.

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                              Right unreal how bad people want a 1 year 50 year old rental who will not be coming to Denver.

Comment

Working...
                              X