Daboll as HC!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daboll as HC!

There is zero doubt who the next HC of our beloved Broncos should be. It’s Brian Daboll (Bills OC). He made a raw Josh Allen into a superstar, is a master at creating mismatches, and is a creative offensive mind. Stop messing around Paton, fire this clown show and get Daboll in here for an interview.

Greg Roman is an interesting candidate. Was the SF OC when Kaepernick went to the Super Bowl and also coordinated the Ravens offense that made Lamar Jackson an MVP winner.

If any coach can find a way to work Lock into something decent, Roman would be a very good option.
    Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Daboll is definitely a guy who is on my acceptable outcome list. He is a modern offensive minded coach who was able to properly develop a young QB. I’d be interested in Daboll.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
        Greg Roman is an interesting candidate. Was the SF OC when Kaepernick went to the Super Bowl and also coordinated the Ravens offense that made Lamar Jackson an MVP winner.

If any coach can find a way to work Lock into something decent, Roman would be a very good option.
        Roman scares me a little because he has been around driver and never been offered a head job, reminds me of Fangio. Daboll is a younger version of Roman IMO.

Comment

I'd be OK with Daboll, I suppose. He's probably one of the top candidates out of the never-been-a-HC-before bunch.

Comment

I don’t think Daboll can do with just any quarterback what he did with Josh Allen. He struggles to generate a consistent running game which has shown to be a problem for the Bills.

I wouldn’t want Daboll unless he’s going to be paired with an uber talented quarterback and an OC that will commit to the running game.
            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
            You Mad Bro?
            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

I don't like Daboll's resume. He did a few years at the college level, which is fine. And then he spent 7 years with the Patriots. First 2 as a defensive assistant and then 5 as a Wide Receivers coach in the early 2000's. That doesn't impress me. And then he bounced around the league spending one or two seasons with several teams at various Offense coaching positions. Then he returns to the Pats for 3 years as a TE coach, before going back to a college job. He stays for one year at the college job and comes back as the OC of the Bills. I'd rather have Roman.
              Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                I don’t think Daboll can do with just any quarterback what he did with Josh Allen. He struggles to generate a consistent running game which has shown to be a problem for the Bills.

I wouldn’t want Daboll unless he’s going to be paired with an uber talented quarterback and an OC that will commit to the running game.
                This is my biggest concern, we have an absolute stud in Williams and I'm not sure he'd use him like he should

Comment

I still want Kellen Moore

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
                    I don't like Daboll's resume. He did a few years at the college level, which is fine. And then he spent 7 years with the Patriots. First 2 as a defensive assistant and then 5 as a Wide Receivers coach in the early 2000's. That doesn't impress me. And then he bounced around the league spending one or two seasons with several teams at various Offense coaching positions. Then he returns to the Pats for 3 years as a TE coach, before going back to a college job. He stays for one year at the college job and comes back as the OC of the Bills. I'd rather have Roman.
                    His NFL OC resume is terrible before he got Josh Allen, his history as an OC is very Shurmur like - usually bottom five offenses with the occasional mediocre year sprinkled in. He was the OC in CLE, MIA and KC from 2009-2012, and BUF in 2018 which is what I'm referencing.

However, he's a candidate this year because the last 3 years with Allen he's been awesome. He's getting credit for developing Allen, so if he can do that again he would be a good HC choice, but there's definitely some risk with him. If he gets a normal QB does he go back to being a bottom feeding offense again? Is he a good leader? How are his management skills? Lots of question marks with this guy.

Here's his pro coaching history:

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...es/DaboBr0.htm

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post

Yeah and that's why I'm now out on him.

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                        I still want Kellen Moore
                        Still #1 on my list, although he was starting to lose my confidence with how The Cowboys were playing lately before the WFT game.

Comment

It ultimately comes down to the front office, their know - how , standards and window dressing i suppose , would someone like zac taylor have even been given a third year here after going 6 - 25 - 1 in his first two years with the bengals ?

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoStampede View Post

His NFL OC resume is terrible before he got Josh Allen, his history as an OC is very Shurmur like - usually bottom five offenses with the occasional mediocre year sprinkled in. He was the OC in CLE, MIA and KC from 2009-2012, and BUF in 2018 which is what I'm referencing.

However, he's a candidate this year because the last 3 years with Allen he's been awesome. He's getting credit for developing Allen, so if he can do that again he would be a good HC choice, but there's definitely some risk with him. If he gets a normal QB does he go back to being a bottom feeding offense again? Is he a good leader? How are his management skills? Lots of question marks with this guy.

Here's his pro coaching history:

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...es/DaboBr0.htm
                            I'd rather have a guy who looks like he has a good Offensive system in place and seems to have shown the ability to make that system work with the people he has, and having success with one particular guy doesn't impress me. I still favor Roman over Daboll.
                            Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

Unpopular but I want to roll with Vic for his last year. Don't know why but I don't think anybody that's available right now piques my interests not even Moore with the Dalls. So I'm going to say roll with Vic get a Wilson or Rodgers and see what happens from there. Stay the course I know Vic has had many blunders and stuff and has worn his welcome thin but if you can say he honestly had a good qb under center well we did him a disservice kinda how we did Vance a disservice. I'd let Vic go under one condition and that would be if he refuses to let Shurmur go. Just my two cents on the coaching search.
                              :go:

Comment

Working...
                              X