Open Letter to Drew!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Letter to Drew!

So here we are again Drew. I have been a fan since day 1, I was ticked when we passed on you at pick 10, even more furious when we passed on you at pick 20, and over the moon excited when we drafted you in the 2nd. When you finally got your shot it was exactly what I expected. 4-1 and lots to be excited about.

I don’t totally blame you for last season. You have the worst HC/OC combo in the league, your line was pathetic, you were missing your #1 WR, and your targets had more than a dozen drops. Still, despite all the doom and gloom from fans I saw a lot of promise and growth.

Fast forward to this season and I was ecstatic to see what year 3 had in store for you, maybe a Baker Mayfield year 3 ascension? I totally forgot you had a complete set of morons (Fangio and Shurmur) running the show, so they bring in Turdy, oops, Teddy and despite you outplaying him head to head last year, outplaying him in TC, and outplaying him in preseason your moron head coach decided to take the “safe” route and hand Teddy the keys to the franchise.

You never had a chance, you were never the guy in Vic’s eyes. In relief duty this year you’ve looked lost, scared, and overwhelmed and I (your biggest fan) was ready to persecute you with the rest of them. However, last week I saw what I always knew was there (grit, determination, playmaking, etc) and it gave me hope.

So here we are, one more chance. Think about the coaches that dissed you, made you think you weren’t good enough, gave up on you, and brought in a literal nobody to replace you. Think of all the fans who booed you, came in here and dogged you, and dismissed you for a literal no one.

This Sunday use this all to fuel your fire. Go out there and be you, gunsling, smile, dance, have fun, and lead YOUR team. This is an audition, hopefully for here, but more realistically for somewhere else. Don’t let Vic win, he’s on his way out the door, give him a swift kick in the butt on his way out by proving that his bias and arrogance led him to the wrong decision.

BALL OUT YOUNG MAN, be fearless, be wreckless, hold nothing back. Prove all the doubters wrong and go earn you a contract!

Sincerely,

A ticked off fan who hates what Elway, Fangio, and Shurmur have done to Pat’s franchise!

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    So here we are again Drew. I have been a fan since day 1, I was ticked when we passed on you at pick 10, even more furious when we passed on you at pick 20, and over the moon excited when we drafted you in the 2nd. When you finally got your shot it was exactly what I expected. 4-1 and lots to be excited about.

I don’t totally blame you for last season. You have the worst HC/OC combo in the league, your line was pathetic, you were missing your #1 WR, and your targets had more than a dozen drops. Still, despite all the doom and gloom from fans I saw a lot of promise and growth.

Fast forward to this season and I was ecstatic to see what year 3 had in store for you, maybe a Baker Mayfield year 3 ascension? I totally forgot you had a complete set of morons (Fangio and Shurmur) running the show, so they bring in Turdy, oops, Teddy and despite you outplaying him head to head last year, outplaying him in TC, and outplaying him in preseason your moron head coach decided to take the “safe” route and hand Teddy the keys to the franchise.

You never had a chance, you were never the guy in Vic’s eyes. In relief duty this year you’ve looked lost, scared, and overwhelmed and I (your biggest fan) was ready to persecute you with the rest of them. However, last week I saw what I always knew was there (grit, determination, playmaking, etc) and it gave me hope.

So here we are, one more chance. Think about the coaches that dissed you, made you think you weren’t good enough, gave up on you, and brought in a literal nobody to replace you. Think of all the fans who booed you, came in here and dogged you, and dismissed you for a literal no one.

This Sunday use this all to fuel your fire. Go out there and be you, gunsling, smile, dance, have fun, and lead YOUR team. This is an audition, hopefully for here, but more realistically for somewhere else. Don’t let Vic win, he’s on his way out the door, give him a swift kick in the butt on his way out by proving that his bias and arrogance led him to the wrong decision.

BALL OUT YOUNG MAN, be fearless, be wreckless, hold nothing back. Prove all the doubters wrong and go earn you a contract!

Sincerely,

A ticked off fan who hates what Elway, Fangio, and Shurmur have done to Pat’s franchise!
    Bravo !! I could not have said it any Better !! Go Drew Lock !!

Comment

Great. Go ball out. Make things interesting, Drew.
      sigpic

Comment

Sincerely,

https://youtu.be/dNjCIYaOtcQ

Comment

Sincerely,

Lol. It's more Elway's franchise than it was ever Pat's. Without Elway the Broncos would have been a joke, and probably in LA the year after the Raiders and Rams left. I'm rooting for Lock, but he was never a first round QB, and to get upset that they picked him 1 pick later is a little silly. They knew they had a trade with Cinci, and wanted to give a local boy the honor of being picked earlier.
          Bring Back ORANGE Sunday!!!

Tim Tebow combines the intensity of Ray Lewis with the throwing ability of... Ray Lewis.

"It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word."-Andrew Jackson

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos1963 View Post
            I did think this was a bit funny.....

Comment

Man I’ll say I’m the exact opposite. I hated the pick and wanted nothing to do with him pre draft.

However once he became a Bronco I gave him a chance and have cheered him on every game.

I do agree with some of the excuses in his defense and don’t think the fan base or coaching staff have ever truly given him a chance to develop. Though many arm chair gms will claim he had his shot and blew it. Though through close to the end of season 3 he’s still barely started a single seasons worth of games. Hard to really argue that’s giving anyone a real shot to develop.

That said I don’t think he’s actually progressed whatsoever. He still shows flash at times and I prefer shots downfield over captain checkdown who doesn’t turn it over but doesn’t move the chains either. But for the rare signs of flash he mostly disappoints with jaw dropping stupid turnovers that cost the team the game more often than not.

I fully agree there is a lot out of his control and not his fault. But I don’t really see a future franchise QB either.
              sigpic

Comment

Hammer down, don't look back. Mom's spaghetti.
                https://youtu.be/BL2eF_WLhYk

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                  Man I’ll say I’m the exact opposite. I hated the pick and wanted nothing to do with him pre draft.

However once he became a Bronco I gave him a chance and have cheered him on every game.

I do agree with some of the excuses in his defense and don’t think the fan base or coaching staff have ever truly given him a chance to develop. Though many arm chair gms will claim he had his shot and blew it. Though through close to the end of season 3 he’s still barely started a single seasons worth of games. Hard to really argue that’s giving anyone a real shot to develop.

That said I don’t think he’s actually progressed whatsoever. He still shows flash at times and I prefer shots downfield over captain checkdown who doesn’t turn it over but doesn’t move the chains either. But for the rare signs of flash he mostly disappoints with jaw dropping stupid turnovers that cost the team the game more often than not.

I fully agree there is a lot out of his control and not his fault. But I don’t really see a future franchise QB either.
                  I did want him in the draft, and I was pumped to see how he did in his rookie season. Last year was not a complete measure of the guy, but between his play and other things, I sort of lost some of the glow. Hard to put in words.

But I agree with your assessment. I am not sure he has progressed in terms of his decisions that lead to turnovers. One can make light of game managers, or anyone who throws a little cautiously at times, but I don't know that he has figured it out. Did he have a completely fair opportunity? Probably not. But do we know what goes on behind closed doors? Maybe he has disappointed in ways we do not even know about. I'll give him some space and assume he did not get a real chance to start this year. But had it been a number of other ordinary vets other than TB, I probably go with them.

Comment

Drew Lock just needs to keep his head up and continue to grow. Not sure what his future will hold in Denver but he will get another shot to start. Least one shot if not more.

The NFL is starved for good QBs right now. Injuries make the NFL more thirsty than it already is.
                    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

I did want him in the draft, and I was pumped to see how he did in his rookie season. Last year was not a complete measure of the guy, but between his play and other things, I sort of lost some of the glow. Hard to put in words.

But I agree with your assessment. I am not sure he has progressed in terms of his decisions that lead to turnovers. One can make light of game managers, or anyone who throws a little cautiously at times, but I don't know that he has figured it out. Did he have a completely fair opportunity? Probably not. But do we know what goes on behind closed doors? Maybe he has disappointed in ways we do not even know about. I'll give him some space and assume he did not get a real chance to start this year. But had it been a number of other ordinary vets other than TB, I probably go with them.
                      I agree. My largest disappointment this whole year was that we did not give him a fair shot to develop in his true make or break year over a washed up vet that I knew wouldn’t sustain a high level of play all year.

I just don’t think his shot to develop will ever come as a Bronco. If he does end up a stud it will be for someone else.
                      sigpic

Comment

Yep I agree " Let's go Drew Lock" , If they get rid of fangio and shurmur, I hope you stay. If fangio and shurmur stay , I hope you get traded to get away from this disorganization. You deserve better. And to put the icing on the cake , I hope you QB for your new team when you play the elway/ ellis Broncos and I'll be rooting for you to kick their ass. If fangio and shumur are still here, should be pretty easy for you

Comment

Elway worshippers for something he did 20+ years ago, and was paid well for it. How long can he rest on 20 year old laurels. What other much better QB has a lifetime position of continueing to do nothing good for the team; but still sap the team for the big bucks for doing nothing.
                          He should have to pay to park and for tickets to see them play
                          Last edited by MrMax; 12-29-2021, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Sincerely,

I support this message

Comment

Originally posted by MrMax View Post
                              Elway worshippers for something he did 20+ years ago, and was paid well for it. How long can he rest on 20 year old laurels. What other much better QB has a lifetime position of continueing to do nothing good for the team; but still sap the team for the big bucks for doing nothing.
                              He should have to pay to park and for tickets to see them play
                              Yeah, he's done nothing in 20 years
                              Bring Back ORANGE Sunday!!!

Tim Tebow combines the intensity of Ray Lewis with the throwing ability of... Ray Lewis.

"It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word."-Andrew Jackson

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X