No announcement yet.

New HC Coach Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love that teams are allowed to interview candidates at this time of the year. But I still find it interesting that an actively involved coach/coordinator, can break away from playoff preparation, which should be almost a 24/7 endeavour. Preparing for interviews can be very taxing, especially if you want to tailor each one to the team you are being interviewed by. If in multiple interviews, that could really equate to many hours of prep.

But as I say, I don't care, because there is little time to waste in terms of filling such an important position.

Go get "the guy"!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by L.M. View Post

And he was Elway's close friend going back to the 1980's when they were both QB's here, and I don't believe his offense helped Manning much. The fact that Kubes brought in Wade (more nepotism) is what truly made the most impact on the team's fortune.

Hiring someone you know and trust certainly isn't grounds for dismissal as you believe, but I would agree that this shouldn't be the sole qualifier for a hire, and that fair consideration should be given to each guy on Paton's list.
      The problem is Quinn’s track record says he has no business being a HC. He didn’t quit the Falcons, he got fired. He had a 43-42 record with the Falcons WITH MATT RYAN @QB. The only reason his record is barely above water is cause for one season he had Kyle Shanahan as an OC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus View Post
        The problem is Quinn’s track record says he has no business being a HC. He didn’t quit the Falcons, he got fired. He had a 43-42 record with the Falcons WITH MATT RYAN @QB. The only reason his record is barely above water is cause for one season he had Kyle Shanahan as an OC.
        What's concerning me about him right now is that he hired Steve Scarnecchia to be his assistant head coach in 2015. Scarnecchia was directly involved in two cheating scandals: Spygate 1 in NE and the 2010 video taping scandal here in Denver for which he was fired. That hire came on the heels of another scandal in which Atlanta was busted for pumping crowd noise into the stadium. Quinn wasn't responsible for that but this is all kind of weird.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Unfortunately, I don't think any of the good coordinators will want to come to Denver to be coordinators.....They'll come only to be HC.

Comment

Agreed. He’s not good. He’s proven he’s not good. I’m not gonna have visions of him being good here just because he went to a SB one time on the back of a good OC and a decent QB. He’s much better suited as a DC. Let him stay in Dallas…
            Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoBreeder View Post
              Unfortunately, I don't think any of the good coordinators will want to come to Denver to be coordinators.....They'll come only to be HC.
              That’s how it works. Why uproot your family to do the same job? Also think contracts are written so that coordinators can only leave and walk away from there current team/contract if they’ll be getting a higher position. I’m actually pretty certain that coordinators/assistants have clauses in their contracts that state they can’t make lateral moves to another team.
              Locutus
              Playmaker
              Last edited by Locutus; 01-14-2022, 03:41 PM.

Comment

• https://www.milehighreport.com/2022/...ext-head-coach

Quinns defense during his entire tenor as HC of Atl was at best ranked 14th 1 year. Otherwise his defenses were average to below average.

Comment

• Paton has a lot of work to do after he gets hC. Long list of broncos free agents.

Comment

That’s how it works. Why uproot your family to do the same job? Also think contracts are written so that coordinators can only leave and walk away from there current team/contract if they’ll be getting a higher position. I’m actually pretty certain that coordinators/assistants have clauses in their contracts that state they can’t make lateral moves to another team.
                    I dont think thats entirely accurate. They can make a lateral move but the team they would be leaving can block that from happening and it also has to be agreed upon by both teams.

technically you could get a oc or dc hired from another team only if its an upgrade. Technically you could hire up to 2 coordinators as assistant head coaches.

at least thats my understanding
                    Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Brian Callahan. Young up and coming star in the new NFL, and he works with an impressive young QB coach that will make a Better QC.

Time for a new start for a new season with new ownership just may equal success. Now just hope Elway and Ellis don't screw this up as well.

Lets bring him back to Denver.

Comment

• Wouldn't surprise me if it ends up being Quinn.

Paton has shown he usually goes with whom he knows.

Surtain (knowing his father)

Former Vikings players (Teddy Bridgewater, Shemar Stephen, Mike Boone) and Kelly Kleine from the Vikings organization

He could go with someone new but I don't think he will.

Comment

• I want an offensive guru. We already missed out on Shanahan. I don’t want Quinn coming here running cover 3 and getting torched
                          -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

https://www.milehighreport.com/2022/...ext-head-coach

Quinns defense during his entire tenor as HC of Atl was at best ranked 14th 1 year. Otherwise his defenses were average to below average.
                            Quinn will be more of the John Fox type of head coach than the Vic Fangio type of head coach. That's what Quinn showed in Atlanta, even though he was a defensive head coach, he takes a more holistic approach. He's the the CEO of the football team, not the head coach of the defense like Vic was.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoStampede View Post

Quinn will be more of the John Fox type of head coach than the Vic Fangio type of head coach. That's what Quinn showed in Atlanta, even though he was a defensive head coach, he takes a more holistic approach. He's the the CEO of the football team, not the head coach of the defense like Vic was.
                              Last I checked Fox got fired as well. I get your point, but like Fox, Fangio got this team built up we now need a Kubiak type or take us across the finish line.

Comment

Last I checked Fox got fired as well. I get your point, but like Fox, Fangio got this team built up we now need a Kubiak type or take us across the finish line.
                                Water is wet, the sky is blue and 99% of head coaches will get fired at some point.

If you think we need an offensive guy then who's your favorite HC candidate?
                                BroncoStampede
                                Captain
                                Last edited by BroncoStampede; 01-15-2022, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X