POLL: Who do you want for HC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POLL: Who do you want for HC?

Who do you want and/or with whom would you be good? Choose as many as you like —MULTIPLE CHOICES POLL.

The first ten options, from Mayo to Callahan, are actually on Broncos GM George Paton's current interview list. The bottom three before "other" are longshots but show up in betting sites —yes, even Peyton Manning!
    Jerod Mayo, 36, ILB coach NE
    3.75%
    Dan Quinn, 51, DC DAL
    28.75%
    Kellen Moore, 33, OC DAL
    22.50%
    Eric Bieniemy, 52, OC KC
    7.50%
    Nathaniel Hackett, 42, OC GB
    33.75%
    Kevin O' Connell, 36,OC LAR
    7.50%
    Jonathan Gannon, 39, DC PHI
    0%
    Aaron Glenn, 49, DC DET
    0%
    Luke Getsy, 38, passing-game coordinator/QB coach, GB
    1.25%
    Brian Callahan, 37, OC CIN
    20.00%
    Byron Leftwich, 41, OC TB
    10.00%
    Brian Daboll, 46, OC BUF
    11.25%
    Raheem Morris, 45, DC LAR
    0%
    Todd Bowles, 58, DC TB
    0%
    Doug Pederson, 53, ex-HC PHI (offense)
    17.50%
    Leslie Frazier, 62, DC BUF
    0%
    Brian Flores, 40, ex-HC MIA (defense)
    16.25%
    Jim Caldwell, 66, ex-HC DET (offense)
    1.25%
    Mike McDaniel, 38, OC SF
    3.75%
    Dave Toub, 59, Asst.HC and ST KC
    1.25%
    Jim Harbaugh, 58, HC Mich
    11.25%
    Gary Kubiak, 60, retired
    6.25%
    Peyton Manning, 45
    6.25%
    OTHER (explain below)
    5.00%
    L.M.
    Football Immortal
    Last edited by L.M.; 01-13-2022, 12:09 PM.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Out of this list, my #1 option would be Harbaugh. Hard to find someone better than a coach that could make a Super Bowl with Colin Kaepernick as his QB.
    Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Mike McDaniel. He's going to be the next young genius in my opinion. Could easily pair him with some experience to ease the transition. Mike Munchak as Assistant HC/Offensive Line and likely an experienced DC (there are several good ones available this cycle).

I'm disappointed he's not currently on Paton's radar.

Comment

I want Mike Tomlin.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
          I want Mike Tomlin.
          So does Pittsburgh....

One of my favs. Luv his interviews!! Great career!!

Comment

Flores, Kellen, and Hackett are the ones I want, not in that order.
            Kellen is the one I want the most.

But I wouldn't be upset with Eric or Callahan.
            sigpic
            Adopted Broncos:
            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

I can't believe ya'll are voting for Hackett. What is it?

He was bottom half of the NFL in offense with both the Bills and Jacksonville OUTSIDE of 1 year in Jacksonville. In 2017 they had the 5th ranked offense and 1st or 2nd best rushing attack. Then his last year before the staff was fired in 2018? Worst offense in the NFL again.

Then he goes to the Packers where he is riding on the coattails of arguably a top 15 QB of ALL TIME and not even calling plays... I've never seen a more obvious indication of Fools Gold in a coaching candidate. Can someone please make a case for Hackett that nullifies his history of poor results prior to the Packers? (Even with the Packers, 15th, 1st: because Rodgers got pissed and made a deal with the devil, and 10th.)
              Joshua2585
              Captain
              Last edited by Joshua2585; 01-12-2022, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post

He was bottom half of the NFL in offense with both the Bills and Jacksonville OUTSIDE of 1 year in Jacksonville. In 2017 they had the 5th ranked offense and 1st or 2nd best rushing attack. Then his last year before the staff was fired in 2018? Worst offense in the NFL again.

Then he goes to the Packers where he is riding on the coattails of arguably a top 15 QB of ALL TIME and not even calling plays... I've never seen a more obvious indication of Fools Gold in a coaching candidate. Can someone please make a case for Hackett that nullifies his history of poor results prior to the Packers? (Even with the Packers, 15th, 1st: because Rodgers got pissed and made a deal with the devil, and 10th.)
                They are hoping it entices Rodgers to come here.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post

I agree with you 1000%....im baffled....but some voted for him due to the fact that may can bring Rodgers too. Smh
                  Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                    I want Mike Tomlin.
                    That's a good shout.

Comment

Moore, Callahan and OConnell - would like to see an offensive young gun with a young QB or two and maybe a crusty old guy as DC

Comment

I acknowledge all 3 of these top choices have question marks. Avoiding a youthful experiment and those who have benefitted from elite players.

1. Pederson - Mainly because he won a SB as a head coach and an offensive guy who has taken time off.
                        2. Quinn - I think the SB disaster and reliance on a solid OC will always follow him. Overall, I do have confidence in him to field a competitive team.
                        3. Flores - Was capable of turning around a Dolphins team. Feel like he would bring accountability to the locker room based on what I’m reading about his firing.

Either way I feel like the team needs to address the QB situation or the new HC will experience the same pains.

Comment

People want kellen more bc of his oc play calling with dallas...but in what 2 or 3 years of play calling is ready to run a franchise as the head coach. He will be responsible for more than just the offense. I just don't think he is ready.
                          Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
                            People want kellen more bc of his oc play calling with dallas...but in what 2 or 3 years of play calling is ready to run a franchise as the head coach. He will be responsible for more than just the offense. I just don't think he is ready.
                            It's for this reason I want Pederson.Experienced and his main skillset is QBs...The same position that has plagued us for so long,minus the FA Manning years this position has plagued us Since Elways retirement.

Having said that I would love to see us trade away our 9th pick this year for something like a pick that turns into 9th next year where the strength of QBs is much higher.

Play Lock this year and one of two things happens under Pederson and an improved QB coach/offensive coordinator,he proves the future of the franchise or he's not.

If he's not I would imagine he would at least play to Teddy's level this year and midway thru next year close to trade deadline if he's not the future trade him to a team who lost a starting QB to injury which seems a yearly event these days.

The plus side to all this is we will have soooo much draft capital (and salary cap) the following year that we can really go close to getting the top QB of the much stronger QB draft next year

Sone fans on here are like people in life in general,they want it all and they want it now,but the chances of finding the QB of the future is minimal next year.

I don't think We could afford to go Rogers or Wilson only to find out two years from now we are back to square one.
                            AussieBronco76
                            Special Teams
                            Last edited by AussieBronco76; 01-13-2022, 04:11 AM.

Comment

I voted for everybody I would be OK with.

My list looks like this:

Tier 1:
                              Harbaugh
                              Quinn
                              Pederson

Tier 2:
                              Moore
                              Hackett
                              Bienemy
                              Flores

Comment

Working...