POLL: Who do you want for HC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nickmeyer View Post
    Bieniemy or Hacket would be happy with either. Just say no to o Dan Quinn.
    Before coming to Green Bay, Hackett hasn't done much and was fired several times.....Lucky he has Rodgers to make him look good.

Bieniemy's success is because of Mahomes but still doesn't call the plays.

Not to mention:

As a player at Colorado, Bieniemy was arrested along with a teammate following a February 1988 bar fight.[12] He pleaded no contest to disorderly conduct and fighting in public, and was sentenced to community service.[12] He also received discipline from head coach Bill McCartney.[12]

In 1989, Bieniemy was ticketed in Westminster, Colorado for driving a defective vehicle, and in Aurora, Colorado for speeding. In October 1990, Bieniemy's license was suspended for a year after another traffic violation. On March 21, 1991, Bieniemy was caught speeding and driving with suspended license on I-70 near Rifle, Colorado, going 92 mph in a 65 mph zone. On April 17, 1991, Bieniemy failed to appear in court on charges relating to the March 21 incident. A bench warrant was issued in Colorado for his arrest on April 23, 1991, two days after he was drafted in the 1991 NFL Draft.[13]

On July 4, 1990, Bieniemy pleaded no contest to interfering with a firefighter who had been performing his duties to extinguish a fire in Bieniemy's mother's garage.[13] Bieniemy received an eight-month suspended sentence[14] and was suspended for one game.[15] Bieniemy was instructed to do 40 hours of community service and attend an eight-hour firefighting training session.[13] An assistant city attorney said Bieniemy failed to attend the firefighting training session as stipulated in the plea agreement, but Bieniemy asserted the session was optional.[13]

On September 27, 1993, Bieniemy was arrested in Boulder, Colorado, for allegedly harassing a female parking attendant. According to the police report, while with his friends, Bieniemy put his hand on the attendant's neck, startling her. She told police he also made a comment about "a bunch of black males all at once being her worst nightmare,"[14] and that Bieniemy and his friends took off their pants and began urinating nearby. Bieniemy was also named in an outstanding warrant on a charge of driving with a suspended license. As a result of this incident, Bieniemy was banned from the University of Colorado Boulder campus for one year.[7][16]

In April 2001, Bieniemy was arrested for driving under the influence and was docked a month's pay.[17]

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoBreeder View Post

Before coming to Green Bay, Hackett hasn't done much and was fired several times.....Lucky he has Rodgers to make him look good.

Not to mention:

As a player at Colorado, Bieniemy was arrested along with a teammate following a February 1988 bar fight.[12] He pleaded no contest to disorderly conduct and fighting in public, and was sentenced to community service.[12] He also received discipline from head coach Bill McCartney.[12]

In 1989, Bieniemy was ticketed in Westminster, Colorado for driving a defective vehicle, and in Aurora, Colorado for speeding. In October 1990, Bieniemy's license was suspended for a year after another traffic violation. On March 21, 1991, Bieniemy was caught speeding and driving with suspended license on I-70 near Rifle, Colorado, going 92 mph in a 65 mph zone. On April 17, 1991, Bieniemy failed to appear in court on charges relating to the March 21 incident. A bench warrant was issued in Colorado for his arrest on April 23, 1991, two days after he was drafted in the 1991 NFL Draft.[13]

On July 4, 1990, Bieniemy pleaded no contest to interfering with a firefighter who had been performing his duties to extinguish a fire in Bieniemy's mother's garage.[13] Bieniemy received an eight-month suspended sentence[14] and was suspended for one game.[15] Bieniemy was instructed to do 40 hours of community service and attend an eight-hour firefighting training session.[13] An assistant city attorney said Bieniemy failed to attend the firefighting training session as stipulated in the plea agreement, but Bieniemy asserted the session was optional.[13]

On September 27, 1993, Bieniemy was arrested in Boulder, Colorado, for allegedly harassing a female parking attendant. According to the police report, while with his friends, Bieniemy put his hand on the attendant's neck, startling her. She told police he also made a comment about "a bunch of black males all at once being her worst nightmare,"[14] and that Bieniemy and his friends took off their pants and began urinating nearby. Bieniemy was also named in an outstanding warrant on a charge of driving with a suspended license. As a result of this incident, Bieniemy was banned from the University of Colorado Boulder campus for one year.[7][16]

In April 2001, Bieniemy was arrested for driving under the influence and was docked a month's pay.[17]
      Have any charges that aren’t 20 or more years old?

There’s a big difference between a young man making mistakes from a lack of a maturity and a full grown adult continually having legal troubles, well past college age. I really don’t think it’s fair to hold 20+ year old legal troubles against someone that has kept their nose clean since then.
      Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Not to mention:

Weird the Packers with Rodgers had back to back losing seasons, then had 13 wins and made the playoffs each of three seasons since Hackett arrived.

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus View Post
          Reality is, they are most likely going to ride with Lock and a Callahan/offense minded coach next season.
          We have no idea what the “most likely reality” really is.

Paton and the organization need to find a stabilizing leader for a HC. He then needs to find his staff. All the above have agree on the preferred system and identity of the Broncos during by this next era.

Who knows which QB fits the mold, or if they are able to get him in free agency, draft, or as you state, already on the roster.

There are a lot of moving parts to this series of decisions. Broncos are again at a crossroads. Can they find the HC to get them out of this cycle of losing football or become a winning organization again.

IMO this is what makes these upcoming decisions so fascinating. As fans, we have opinions based on limited knowledge and in some cases limited understanding of the factors involved. We can make wild biased opinions of who to hire, who to draft or who to play. And criticize when the organization doesn’t follow “ our plan”. And I include myself in this opinion.

But now we get to see how the professionals that run billion dollar organizations choose the path the Broncos will be taking. What is their vision of the team and which HC do they chose to lead it.

This HC hire is huge. I hope they choose wisely. All the other pieces fall into place after that.

Let’s Go Broncos!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

Weird the Packers with Rodgers had back to back losing seasons, then had 13 wins and made the playoffs each of three seasons since Hackett arrived.
            Those losing seasons lead to McCarthy getting fired. Not totally against Hackett but LaFluer may have something to say about that turnaround.

Comment

Reality is, they are most likely going to ride with Lock and a Callahan/offense minded coach next season.
              If Callahan believes he can coach Lock into being legitimate starter, and actually does, that would be the best case scenario for the Broncos.

Broncos have a lot of draft capital and salary cap to further improve the team. I’d love to have Rogers or Wilson, but there is a sacrifice you have to make to acquire them.
              sigpic
              2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post

There’s a big difference between a young man making mistakes from a lack of a maturity and a full grown adult continually having legal troubles, well past college age. I really don’t think it’s fair to hold 20+ year old legal troubles against someone that has kept their nose clean since then.
                Generally, I would agree, but when I think back to my own stupid mistakes and those of my friends circa age 24, we never would have grabbed a woman by the throat and threatened her, that's not in my character and fundamental moral sense. Joke or not, it wasn't funny, not to the woman, to the police, nor CU.

Aside from that, I'm skeptical of his qualifications, and IMO KC's offense will not miss a beat if he leaves so long as Reid and Mahomes are still running it.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post

How about making the effort to retain Ed Donatell who is the current DC?

Do you have any ideas about how to find a good STs Coordinator?
                  Steal Toub from KC.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

Hackett had nothing to do with that change. Pack had those back to back losing seasons because Mike McCarthy is a conservative below average coach, Dom Capers couldn't coach a defense, which led to him getting fired. The first losing season started off well but Aaron got injured. So had a team led by Hundley for 9 games.

The last 3 seasons have had not only Matt being a more open minded and more dynamic offensive coach, but also includes way more input from Rodgers than Mike did. Mike and Rodgers did not get along at all. Which was confirmed by former packer players saying Rodgers had issues with Mike dating back to 06, “Aaron’s always had a chip on his shoulder with Mike,” former Packers Ryan Grant mentioned. Another former player called them a "large cancer in the locker room". Another, Finley said Aaron really cared about every single QB stat and wanted all those stats like an addict, but Mike being conservative didn't care.

On the flipside Matt and Aaron have a great relationship and again Matt allows Aaron to make changes to the offense if it makes sense. He trust Aaron.
                    sigpic
                    Adopted Broncos:
                    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Not to mention:

Who caresses that's over 20 years ago....let's go back 20 years in your life and see how that works...

I cant believe people bring up what he did in college lmao....thats VERY laughable.

Let him say in k.c. and kick our butts another 14 straight games
                      Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post

That's that crap is real stupid to bring that up. All that crap he listed should MEAN ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WHEN IT COMES TO COACHING AND IF HE GETS THE JOB FOR DENEVER.

Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Lmao you wish that were the case.....

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post

How about making the effort to retain Ed Donatell who is the current DC?

Do you have any ideas about how to find a good STs Coordinator?
                            That wouldn't be terrible but I feel like Donatell might be too conservative and he could possibly follow Vic wherever he goes. Herring has been here since 2015 and has a track record of getting the most out of LBs.

As for the ST Coordinator I say Joe Judge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

That's that crap is real stupid to bring that up. All that crap he listed should MEAN ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WHEN IT COMES TO COACHING AND IF HE GETS THE JOB FOR DENEVER.
                              I would hate to see the Broncos with Bienemy as the HC and Watson as the starting QB.

Both have a criminal history.
                              Last edited by BroncoBreeder; 01-22-2022, 01:37 PM.

Comment

• What people need to realize is the Broncos organization is in the process of being sold for close to 4 billion dollars.

Making one bad decision will cost millions of dollars.

Comment

Working...
                                X