POLL: Who do you want for HC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by armedequation View Post

Hes already an improvement. He said its about the players and staff...something you never heard from fangio or shurmur. All you heard was "trust the system"
    I think so, and what I've noticed throughout the years is that our players and our team don't seem to have any fun. I no they should be taking it seriously, but it is after all a game, and it should be fun. And, I like the way coach said he wants to have fun and winning is fun!

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post

I think so, and what I've noticed throughout the years is that our players and our team don't seem to have any fun. I no they should be taking it seriously, but it is after all a game, and it should be fun. And, I like the way coach said he wants to have fun and winning is fun!

The concepts of “ players coach” or “fun relatable coach” or whatever label you prefer is an interesting one. Certainly a change has occurred over the years of what players want.

I am watching some of the Hackett clips or videos of him chattering constantly on the field. His (IMO) over the top positivity and joking around would get on my nerves pretty quick. Heard his Star Wars comments from an interview. Just seems trivial and too accommodating to please. IMO From all I have seen he is respected and has great relationships with his players.

This is definitely a “ me thing”. I am almost 60yrs old and my experiences with coaches was more the Drill Instructor, shake me by the face mask and cuss me out for a mistake. I thrived in that culture. I was willing to sacrifice, work and “run through a a wall” for them. I realize it is old school thought and wouldn’t work with today’s sensibilities and young men.

I understand that Hackett and the relationships he has with his players and staff is based on his personality as much as the Xs and Os and the reason he was hired. That being said, I hope Hackett is the HC needed to change the culture of the Broncos. He was not hired to relate to an old fan like me. Just get the kids ready to play every week.

Last edited by FR Tim; 01-31-2022, 11:10 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

The concepts of “ players coach” or “fun relatable coach” or whatever label you prefer is an interesting one. Certainly a change has occurred over the years of what players want.

I am watching some of the Hackett clips or videos of him chattering constantly on the field. His (IMO) over the top positivity and joking around would get on my nerves pretty quick. Heard his Star Wars comments from an interview. Just seems trivial and too accommodating to please. IMO From all I have seen he is respected and has great relationships with his players.

This is definitely a “ me thing”. I am almost 60yrs old and my experiences with coaches was more the Drill Instructor, shake me by the face mask and cuss me out for a mistake. I thrived in that culture. I was willing to sacrifice, work and “run through a a wall” for them. I realize it is old school thought and wouldn’t work with today’s sensibilities and young men.

I understand that Hackett and the relationships he has with his players and staff is based on his personality as much as the Xs and Os and the reason he was hired. That being said, I hope Hackett is the HC needed to change the culture of the Broncos. He was not hired to relate to an old fan like me. Just get the kids ready to play every week.
        I get what you're saying, and I agree with you. But we need a change and hopefully this will be the change that works.

(And by the way you're not that old)

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

I thought it was interesting, in the "behind the scenes" video, that one of the team members emphasized the players position that they wanted accountability. It was presented emphatically.

This implies the players may have been as frustrated by Fangio's lack of accountability as the fans have been. Maybe even frustrated with the front office's lack, as well. I hope that message was well received by Paton and communicated to Hackett.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pruke View Post

Is Paton using some fake account to gain insight into the fan base?
            Fan base? He saw who I voted for and figured we need to hire one of those guys....I voted for multiple candidates

Only reason he looked at rest was because I had multiple options for him so he checked out what the rest of the fan base wanted.
            Let's Ride!

Comment

Working...
            X